• no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Oh wow it’s been awhile since that post! Cherry creek canyon. Pretty short drive to the top of the road but there was a section of it that we used to camp at in high school which is no longer there thanks to the newish ski resort. Anyway we didn’t see anything just heard voices in the trees that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up with that feeling of let’s get out of here—which we quickly did! Looking back it was probably us just being dumb kids but at the time we knew it had to be ghosts haha.

Fast forward to a few years back I was in the west desert with some friends we came across a bunch of animal bones/skulls aligned in mysterious shapes like pentagrams and such. Bags with polished rocks, bones and feathers hanging from the trees.. and a big medicin wheel (I think that’s what it is) probably 15 feet across made of different colored rocks which looked to match the colors of the seasons. I have pictures somewhere.. It didn’t feel like ghosts were present just a really creepy/spooky feeling. It is in the middle of nowhere not sure why or what it was for 🤔

We’ve had a few experiences but not in Cherry Creek. Mack Park in Smithfield has some weird energy sometimes. There’s been quite a few things happen there that I’m aware of. I know of at least a few people that took their own life there. Let’s just say it’s not a good place to hang out with your girlfriend and a blanket late into the evening as the energy never really settles down so you can get down to the business of being in a blanket with your girlfriend. The energy just gets more intense/distracting as the evening goes on. Happened to me a couple times including a real interesting one with my now wife. I just felt spooked but as we were headed to the car she said she looked back and saw spirits chasing us.

When you could still go in Logan Cave, we came across a very recent “ritual” space. Pentagrams spaced out with candles and just a real awkward feeling. Scooting it out of a cave is nothing that can be done quickly but my group made record time out of there that day. The pentagrams and candles weren't the spooky thing it was the "feel" as we got into that space that was spooky. Those artifacts just confirmed (at least to me) that I didn't want to be there any longer.

I also had an acquaintance in high school that was a little "off". I remember him at a party where we watched Witchboard and he thought that was the most awesome thing ever.. He got into ouija boards and stuff... REALLY fell off the deep end after a few months. I really don't even know what happened to him ultimately. He was a nice guy but as he dove into the discovery of the "darkness" (his words), he got a little scarier every time I saw him. I had a vocational class with him and I think he dropped out of school? I was at a few parties where he'd break out his demonstrations and that made me QUICKLY uncomfortable.

The “nunnery” in Logan Canyon has some weird vibes. Some positive and a few with WAY negative/evil vibes. I’ve only experienced the positive vibes there but a lot of folks I know are freaked out by that place.

The more time you spend in the canyons around Smithfield/Richmond the more stuff you’ll “feel”.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

@Tonkaman Derek, do you have a spirit at your house that is freaking Lamoni out? This stuff is can be really stressful and scary for kids.
Actually Elaina and Leimomi both swear we have a ghost. They both hear things bump, creek and crash, but I never hear any of it. It doesn’t help that my dog will stare off into the shadows and growl sometimes when the girls are home alone.

I grew up in a house that had a ghost. My sister used to see a man named George in the house. She would talk to him and talk about him as if they were friends. We would hear George’s footsteps through the house, moving clearly from the front door to the kitchen, to the master bedroom, then down the stairs. Often times we thought our parents were home, but nobody would ever appear. Years later we found out that the man who built the house was named George and died there in bed.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
On your Cherry Creek experience, could you understand the voices or were they more gibberish? The reason I ask is that is supposedly a Big Foot area. Not that I am a believer in Big Foot though I personally know four people who swear they have had an encounter. Two of them very close encounters to where they were nearly face to face.

They say when Big Foot communicate with each other, it does sound like gibberish. Anyone here believe in Big Foot?

I/we couldn’t make out the words it was like gibberish.. I think it would be cool if there were Big Foot out there. I’m just not sold on it yet I’d have to see one 🤔

rholbrook

Lots of cool experiences shared - thanks all!

I, do not believe. Would like to believe, really would. I'd find it comforting to believe. But, I just don't.

- DAA
@DAA Dave, with all your days and nights in the woods and desert, your telling us that you have not seen something that makes no sense at all? Something odd or out of place, bumps in the night? Nothing?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've only had one "experience" that I felt legitimately freaked out about something, but it was also a weird place, weird night, middle of nowhere so it doesn't seem far fetched to have conjured up my own fear. I mean, I was afraid of my parent's basement until I was like 36.

But, no offense meant towards anyone and their beliefs, I'm far more likely to believe in spirits like this, than Sky Daddy.

DAA

@DAA Dave, with all your days and nights in the woods and desert, your telling us that you have not seen something that makes no sense at all? Something odd or out of place, bumps in the night? Nothing?

Oh, I've seen and heard a few weird things I don't have explanations for. Even been creeped out once or twice. But I haven't seen anything I'd call a ghost or ghostly activity. I just chalk that stuff up to there is an explanation that would make sense, if I knew it, I just don't know it.

- DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I used to get an uneasy feeling up AF canyon in the draw between salamander flat and ridge trail. I had the same feeling several times that something was in the trees, which are pretty thick. I have now seen 4 moose in that same area. I am with Dave and Cody. I think most times I feel something, it's an animal. All the things I couldn't explain I have later learned an explanation for.