• yes, ghosts are real

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • no, ghosts are fake

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • your crazy go get help

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

wrothdonkey

We should do an RME investigation trip this season. There are several elements that can be experienced:

spooky hearse
aliens
acid-dropping deer
gang-raping red-eyed dudes

It can be like a Blair Witch meets RME outting. Anyone have night vision cameras? We can split up into different areas where people have experienced stuff and compare notes at the end.... those who return that is.

HA HA I'm so down to go Ghost hunting I have watched enough shows to be pretty much an expert lol

rholbrook

Where I lived in Hawaii we had two ghosts, one nice one that seemed to do the same thing over and over. You couldn't interact with it. He always seemed to sit in the same place or walk the hall. The other, he hated one of my roommates. When the roommate would walk in, the ghost would slam doors. We were young and at the time thought it was pretty cool to try to mess with them. There was one night that I was so scared. The evil ghost went ballistic and started tossing stuff and attacking the kid he didnt like. When it was all done, the kid was pretty shaken up as well as had scratchs and bite marks. The bedroom was a mess. The mattress had literally been picked up and tossed as well. It was just like what you see in movies. There were six of us total and to this day, we don't mention it when we are together. My son tried to get the whole story out of one of my friends but he won't talk either.

We moved out the next day and our roommate moved back home. Lots of counciling later he seems to be okay but there was a period nearly 6 months that he never left his house. Its just not normal to encounter a poltergiest type haunting not have it affect you. I have never told anyone the complete story, nor have I here. There were other things that took place that I just don't talk about it. I think more because of the threats that were made to us from this spirit. I am one big goosebump right now just thinking about it. There is good and there is evil and I hope to never have an encounter like that one again.

Anyone else have any updates they want to share? Last year my wife and kids wanted to go see this place I always talked about on Maui so we went. It is now turned into some type of meditation spa and has been redone completely. My son asked one of the workers if the place was haunted. The lady paused and said,"What did you see?". Then my son told her that I used to live here and that it was haunted She said that they have one building that has some strange things happen in it. Strange my ass I thought. Anyway, I said that it was this one as I pointed to the one that was haunted and she confirmed it as well. I also said that the this one had some issues as well and she also confirmed that. My kids wanted to get the hell out of there so fast. What a riot for them to hear the lady say that.

I have other experiences and would save them for a camp fire one night with any of you.

rholbrook

How about Big Foot or UFOs. I have a very good friend who's father has stopped hunting in an area because of issues with a hairy creature not once, but two years in a row. I also have a nephew in law that won't hunt somewhere in Idaho anymore because of an experience there. I dont know where exactly. I asked and he wont talk about it.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
As a teenager, we (buddies and I) had some pretty crazy experiences with what we believe was a ghost in a home I lived in. Needless to say, I believe.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have other experiences and would save them for a camp fire one night with any of you.

I'm down for that camp fire.

The last three or four years, camping anywhere in the Uintas has really weirded me out. Like, borderline anxiety attacks, and I don't even know what exactly it is I'm nervous about. Last time I was up there I went for a walk just south of China Meadows and kept hearing a galloping sound and some weird kind of groan or growl - no idea what it was, but it freaked me out good.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
So UFOs are real...ghosts, bigfoot and yetis? All bullshit...but UFOs...that is blown wide open as far as I'm concerned. I can no longer be as heavy of a skeptic!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

The last three or four years, camping anywhere in the Uintas has really weirded me out. Like, borderline anxiety attacks, and I don't even know what exactly it is I'm nervous about. Last time I was up there I went for a walk just south of China Meadows and kept hearing a galloping sound and some weird kind of groan or growl - no idea what it was, but it freaked me out good.

I spent a few weekends this past summer west of here exploring the old logging camps by the west fork of the Smith's Fork. And while I'm not a believer in ghosts, per se, I'll confirm this area has a bit of a feel too it.

rholbrook

So UFOs are real...ghosts, bigfoot and yetis? All bullshit...but UFOs...that is blown wide open as far as I'm concerned. I can no longer be as heavy of a skeptic!

Lots of pilots with a lot of hours in the air have had an experience or two. My father who owned his own big twin engine Cessna told me once that he had something play chicken with him at nearly 30K feet. Said it could turn on a dime and was no way air force. Said after playing chicken with him a few times it camped out on his wing for about a minute enroute to El Paso. He had one other experience but it wasn’t as cool. My oldest brother flys a G5 for a living and i have never asked him. I will have to and then report back. I have had two, one up AF Canyon and the other i was in Layton but blew that off as a “Too Close to HAFB” thing.

My Uncle Bob claimed he was abducted for a few days but he was a. Vietnam Vet that likes his weed and what ever else. He lived up immigration Canyon is a cabin without running water so i pass that one off as a mushroom thing. Bob said he was above his cabin looking for meat when it happened.

My FIL worked at Thikol and lived in Cache Balley in the late 70s and worked a night shift. Said he got chased from above by a bright light.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I had forgotten about this thread. It was fun to read again. Except for the Hawaiian biting ghost, that crap is scary.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

I'd forgotten about this thread. I think I figured out that what I was hearing was drumming grouse, though I'm still not sure about the groaning sound.

rholbrook

My MIL in law passed away a year ago last November from intestinal cancer. From diagnosis to death was 5 weeks thankfully. My SIL has a neighbor who is very quiet and keeps to herself came up to her and told her that her mother wants to let her know that she is fine and happy and that she is with her mother, father and brother (SIL's grandma, grandpa and uncle). She also told her that her grandfather was there too and that he is a jokester. I knew this grandfather and he was always teasing someone or telling jokes. She also told my SIL that if she wanted to come by, she would help her with any questions she wants answered. How freaky is that? This woman is a medium. My SIL was really freaked out but had said enough that my SIL knew that there was something to this medium stuff. My SIL called my wife freaking out and crying which got my wife freaked out and crying AGAIN over her late mother. It took about two months for my SIL to nut it up enough to go talk to her neighbor and when it was all said and done, the medium was spot on with the stuff she told my SIL. Now I want to go talk to the medium because this stuff fascinates me. I am a believer in the stuff that is paranormal because I have had too many of my own experiences.

I currently have a spirit in my home that I see on occasion who I have no doubt its my father. My youngest son has seen him too. We were in the front room one night and I had just seen a shadow come into our front room from the hallway, turn around and go back. Just as he had turned around to go back, Harrison said to me, "Dad, can we have spirits in our house?" I knew that he had just seen the shadow figure that I had just seen. I then told him that you can and that I had just seen it too and that it was Grandpa checking in on us. I know that now when Harrison sees a shadow figure in our house, he will tell me and that he will say Hi to him. My other son Jaxon has had an experience that I will share later when I have a little more time.

I am going to go see that medium though, you can count on it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
1609180832437.png

Honestly I'm shocked by how many believers there are on here. Like is there a correlation?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I have an aunt that's a medium. She just does it for family, but is always talking about her parents, my grandparents to my mom. My grandfather was in the military and stationed on the battleship north carolina during ww2. Well, I had the chance to go visit the ship a couple years ago and the only people that knew I was there was my mom. My aunt calls my mom on the day I'm at the ship and apparently my grandpa is super excited about me for some reason to her. Again, no one knew I was there, but my grandpa knew I was there. Creepy

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Here's my experience...

Back towards the end of the recession in 2009ish I decided it was time to move out of my buddy's basement and actually become an adult a buy my own house. After searching for anything and everything in my budget I found a pretty old but clean little house in Midvale. The house was built in 1920 and later on I learned it was the farmhouse for a bunch of property in the area (right around Hillcrest High). Let me preface this with saying before buying this house the idea of ghosts freaked me the F out.

The afternoon after closing on the house I had to take an overnight trip for work and would be back the following afternoon. My girlfriend at the time had already planned on what color we would paint a few rooms. So, the next morning after the loan had funded and she got the keys and started to paint the rooms (in hindsight this was a bad idea LOL, she's far from a painter). Anyway, I get home from the airport and head right to my new house. Being a mid 20's guy with an average (at best) income, zero savings in the tail end of a recession I was freaked out about buying a house already. I pull up to the house and walk in to start seeing the "progress" my girlfriend had made. At this time she tells me we have a ghost in the house. Remember me already being freaked out about buying a house, now I own a haunted house?!?! She went on tell me that while painting one of the rooms she saw a man standing in a doorway out of the corner of her eye. She did a double take and he was gone... She described him as an older man in khaki pants, a white button up shirt and a straw looking hat. I decide that she is nuts and go on with the panting fiasco.

Later that night when we were about to leave I was cleaning up some paint cans in the master bedroom and everyone was outside waiting and talking. This house had a super weird set up where you can walk straight from the master bedroom through the bathroom into the kitchen. Think of the house as six equal squares with three in a row on each side (sort of like a Hershey bar) where the kitchen and bathroom split one of the 6 squares. There were doors that both swung in making a clean shot from the master to the kitchen. The doors would not stay open all of the way and the previous owner left Gatorade bottles filled with water to hold them both open. I finished up, closed the windows and went to walk into the kitchen to exit the house. As I walked toward the door I noticed it was half way open and thought it was strange. As I entered the bathroom I found both Gatorade bottles sitting on the vanity with no one else in the house. I went outside and asked if anyone had been in the house and no one had been in there for 10+ minutes. I was officially freaked out!

A day or two later (after smudging the house with sage) and we are in the house for our first night. I did not sleep much at all that night needless to say. Nothing happened that night and the next morning I got up to go to work. While showering I could look out the small window and it pointed directly at the neighbors garden. I looked out the window at one point to see a man in a white shirt with a tan looking hat standing in the garden. Yup, freaked out again. After getting dressed I decided to walk out to the garden and see if it was my neighbor and introduce myself. Upon walking to the fence I could tell that the garden had been tilled recently with NO FOOTPRINTS anywhere in the garden. This man would have been standing smack dab in the middle of the garden! Chills ran down my body and every hair stood on end.

After that I was super freaked out but didn't have any episodes for a few weeks. I started to calm down at this point and felt it was just coincidence (trying to believe that anyway) I had another episode. While shaving my head one night (alone in the house) I swept all of the hair clippings into a pile and jumped in the shower to clean myself off. I get out of the shower and the floor is completely clean with no hair anywhere. I checked the garbage can, nothing. I checked the toilet as if I had thrown it in there, nothing. Gone forever...

The next week my uncle was in town from Seattle and he is very into spirits. He had heard the stories from my mom and wanted to come over. He came by and asked me to leave the house for a few minutes. I came back in about 10 minutes later and he goes on to tell me there is someone living with me. He is a nice spirit and to not be afraid. He placed a few keepsakes in my house and said to leave them where he put them. After that, there were a few small things that happened like keys missing and ending up in the freezer, items moving without the help from anyone. I would just laugh and tell him "good one". I saw him one more time while in the basement what was the coal room before the house had a furnace. I was down there looking for something and saw him out of the corner of my eye. Once again did a double take and he was gone. Never saw him again. I lived there for 3 years total and all of this happened in the first year except for my last time seeing him. That happened about 8 months before selling the house and moving.

I went from being 1 million percent freaked out by the thought of ghosts and spirits to being totally okay with it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Ghosts?! :rofl:..... Okay seriously tough I know what you mean :eek:

Over the years I have seen a handful of things that have wierded me out beyond explanation but only one place keeps coming to mind every time this subject comes up. There is a canyon here in Cache Valley and it is definitely haunted. It gives me the creeps as well as everyone else I know. I don't know what happened there a long time ago but whatever it was it was really really bad :ugh:

So you ready to share @Rot Box ? Curious what you have seen up in the 'hood

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
So you ready to share @Rot Box ? Curious what you have seen up in the 'hood

Oh wow it’s been awhile since that post! Cherry creek canyon. Pretty short drive to the top of the road but there was a section of it that we used to camp at in high school which is no longer there thanks to the newish ski resort. Anyway we didn’t see anything just heard voices in the trees that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up with that feeling of let’s get out of here—which we quickly did! Looking back it was probably us just being dumb kids but at the time we knew it had to be ghosts haha.

Fast forward to a few years back I was in the west desert with some friends we came across a bunch of animal bones/skulls aligned in mysterious shapes like pentagrams and such. Bags with polished rocks, bones and feathers hanging from the trees.. and a big medicin wheel (I think that’s what it is) probably 15 feet across made of different colored rocks which looked to match the colors of the seasons. I have pictures somewhere.. It didn’t feel like ghosts were present just a really creepy/spooky feeling. It is in the middle of nowhere not sure why or what it was for 🤔

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have always believed that we are surrounded by spirits.....most are good.

My wife has a friend who is into Reiki therapy. I do not know much about it, but it is centered around energy. Apparently she is also able to see beyond. I do not recall my wife ever saying anything about her communicating, so I think it is just more "sight". Anyway, when my father reached the end of seeking treatment for his cancer, he passed away within 48 hours. We did not expect him to live long since he had already been fighting for 3 years, but he went faster than the docs thought he would. I really think when you are done fighting, things will happen quickly. He passed away at the condo they owned in St. George. We were all there with him for the final days and my wife got a text message out of the blue from her friend telling her that she could see 2 people waiting for my dad. She described them almost to a T and they were my dads older brother and younger sister who had passed away previous to him. Mind you, she had never met them, talked to them or even seen a picture of them.

I can make this instance even a little more interesting. My father passed away on the same day as his sister. Several years later her daughter passed away on the same day as my father and her mother.

My only experience with a medium came a couple of years after my father died. My wife went to one of those group meetings with a medium. In the middle of it, she singled my wife out and started talking to her about a man who was being pushy and getting in front of others. I can't recall exactly what my wife said bout what the man was telling the medium, but it was very specific to my father and stuff that nobody outside of my family would have really know. So my wife made an appointment for she and I to go together. I did not really want to or care to, I did not have any closure issues with my dads death. We both worked alongside him for 8 years prior to him dying.....but being the good husband I am, I agreed to go.

My real surprise came when the person communicating to her was not my dad, but a very close friend that I lost suddenly and unexpectedly 6 months prior. I am very skeptical at times so as she described the information that was being fed to her by this person, I just let her talk. I never reinforced anything she was telling me. He was in his early 40's and died suddenly from a heart attack caused by a septic staph infection he was being treated for. He lived in Phoenix and I was down there 5 dies prior to him dying. We were supposed to go to dinner but he cancelled at the last minute.....just told me he was not feeling well. I never knew he was even sick. Some of the things she communicated were chest pains and that he was angry that he did not meet up with me and was also angry about dying unexpectedly. There were a few other things she talked about but the one thing that nobody would have know about was the time we raced his GTO against my Shelby. She described things that were being told to her about it and the only people that were there for it was myself and my son and he and his father. It was all cool and eerie in the same sense. My dad did make an appearance before it was all over but nothing weird or earth shattering there.

We occasionally smell cigar smoke in our office where I worked with my dad. He would go in on the weekends to do things and enjoy a cigar.

rholbrook

Oh wow it’s been awhile since that post! Cherry creek canyon. Pretty short drive to the top of the road but there was a section of it that we used to camp at in high school which is no longer there thanks to the newish ski resort. Anyway we didn’t see anything just heard voices in the trees that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up with that feeling of let’s get out of here—which we quickly did! Looking back it was probably us just being dumb kids but at the time we knew it had to be ghosts haha.

Fast forward to a few years back I was in the west desert with some friends we came across a bunch of animal bones/skulls aligned in mysterious shapes like pentagrams and such. Bags with polished rocks, bones and feathers hanging from the trees.. and a big medicin wheel (I think that’s what it is) probably 15 feet across made of different colored rocks which looked to match the colors of the seasons. I have pictures somewhere.. It didn’t feel like ghosts were present just a really creepy/spooky feeling. It is in the middle of nowhere not sure why or what it was for 🤔
On your Cherry Creek experience, could you understand the voices or were they more gibberish? The reason I ask is that is supposedly a Big Foot area. Not that I am a believer in Big Foot though I personally know four people who swear they have had an encounter. Two of them very close encounters to where they were nearly face to face.

They say when Big Foot communicate with each other, it does sound like gibberish. Anyone here believe in Big Foot?