Do you browse KSl classifieds with no intention of buying, just for fun?

Do you watch the KSL classifieds with zero intention of buying?

• Total voters

STAG

To me, it seems like some people are more interested in getting a good deal than getting an item they want/need. Or they'll walk away from an item they want/need simply because the seller refuses to budge on price.

I'll gladly let them walk away if I feel they don't want to pay what I want out of my product.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I am a KSL Profiteer. I look for things I know the value of pretty well: Rc Cars, Toyota's, or Toyota crap, ect... I never plan on buying anything, but will buy everything I can get a deal on, flip for a profit, or determine I want. I have made a fair amount of money using these actions and have two ultra low mile Toyota's 2003 4runner limited 45 k on odo and 2004 Tacoma double cab 90k on odo. Haters can hate me but I never force people to sale me anything. My latest purchase was some new in box spidertrax spacers for 20$.

sixstringsteve

another one that made me feel sick is when I was working at Honda-Suzuki of Salt Lake. the head mechanic found a motorcycle he wanted on KSL

he gathered as many people he could that worked there and said. "OK you guys all hit him up with some ridiculous low-ball offer, so that way the phone #s are all different. Then, when I make an offer of ______ (which was still pretty low) he will think that's the best offer I have gotten, I better take it..."

that pissed me off, that people even have the audacity to do that, and can sleep at night.

I'm not going to lie, that bothers me too. Some things in life are more important than saving a buck.

sixstringsteve

I hate it when I find something I need, and the professional KSL-ers beat me to it, to flip it. (No offence Brandon). It was something I needed, and since I can't just drop everything I'm doing at work and go get it, I lose out. I understand that some people are going to beat others to the punch and that's all part of the game, but it's frustrating when it's something I need (the only reason I get on KSL).

Wanted ads on RME have been a really nice relief from that. If I need some obscure hard-to-find item, I'll post a wanted ad here and usually someone will post up and hold it for me at least 'till I can get off work. I've had great luck with the RME classifieds, sellers, and buyers.

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I had a lady call on a used stove I had for sale, since we are remodeling. I make sure my stuff is cheaper just to get rid of it. I replied to her whats the lowest you will take, with whats the highest amount you will pay. I got a long silence.

Cascadia

Undecided
Classifieds are how I am where I am today with what I own. I always look for good deals but mine are higher price items usually. I started out with a 2000 Cherokee I bought for $800 that had a bad header. I fixed it, flipped it, and now I have a 2013 tundra and 2011 mini for my wife that we own out right. We save money from a few flips and upgrade our own. I like ksl and I search for my few topics a few times a day looking for good deals. If I find an awesome deal and don't have the cash on hand, I find it.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Since I'm a bit far away to take advantage of KSL, my weakness is my local Craigslist. I've found many deals and acted on quite a few... it's borderline an obsession, trying to find the next 'best' deal. When I'm looking for something specific in Utah, KSL is a great source.

DAA

Supporting Member
Don't hold back. Tell is how you really feel, Dave.

Don't get me wrong. If I were King Hell Dictator, Executioner On High, I wouldn't sentence anyone to a fiery death just for being a KSL colostomy bag. But, by the same token, after having my time wasted by one of them, if the next day I hear they died a horrible, painful, fiery death, I'm not going to make any pretense of sorrow or sympathy. Would not openly celebrate their fiery demise either, not openly, just to myself.

- DAA

Caleb

Anyone that lists what they are selling for the lowest they will take, is asking to get "low balled", inversely, those that pay asking are suckers :)

Oddly enough, I usually get my asking price on things I sell. I'm also never desperate to sell things so I don't care if you don't like my price or can find it cheaper. When I just sold my bike, I had a few guys call and say new, they were only a little more than what I was asking. I told them when they got their time machine working to let me know, I'll take a couple new ones at that price. I did get full price (which I did feel was a little high, but if someone is willing to pay it, I'll take their money). If it's something I don't want and would take anything for it, I usually list it for quite low just to get it gone. Again, it's usually a good enough deal that guys don't low ball, they just line up for the item at that price.

O'neal

?????????
I browse ksl for boating/fishing stuff But really like browsing the site for junk rockcrawlers and classic car's that people think are priced like gold.....Flippin amazing of the ad's a guy find's.Sometime's it's fun to call them out and tell them what they really have.There is a jeep in particular that I've been watching that is a total pile,who a friend I know built and sold to a friend cheap who in turn sold it to a guy that's trying to flip it who think's it's the best thing built but is really a big pile of crap.I really like the boat ad's...I find them quite amusing as well!

R

rockdog

Don't get me wrong. If I were King Hell Dictator, Executioner On High, I wouldn't sentence anyone to a fiery death just for being a KSL colostomy bag. But, by the same token, after having my time wasted by one of them, if the next day I hear they died a horrible, painful, fiery death, I'm not going to make any pretense of sorrow or sympathy. Would not openly celebrate their fiery demise either, not openly, just to myself.

- DAA
I don't know you, but I like the fact you don't hold back! I've bought a lot of stuff off of ksl and some off rme. That said, guys on rme are cheap ass's. Hell I may be one too for all I know. But if I list my 4x6 bandsaw for $200.00 on ksl. And it comes with $150.00 worth of new blades and someone calls and say's pretty arrogantly. Ill give you $100.00 when can I pick it up. Be glad.....real glad your not talking on a touch phone!!! Cause I would reach through the phone and choke the life out of you. Hey dumb ass....it was already a killer deal!!!

ricsrx

Hunter and I spent several hours on KSL looking for the best drift car, all just for fun

I keep an eye on KSL for a few items I'm mildly or very interested in. Usually for months on end until I decide to move on or find the item another way. Unless I'm in a store with price labels on, I'm likely to ask for a better price on anything and everything I buy. If that makes me a jerk to a few of you, no offense was intended. I usually get a discount, but then again, I usually buy even if there is no discount, unless it is a very high-priced item.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I simply don't have the time to casually browse, I'd rather pay full price for something I need than spend 4 hours browsing or haggling to save $10. That isn't to say I don't shop KSL/CL, etc as I totally do but if I don't find exactly what I need, I move on and buy new, etc. Time is money and opportunity, neither of which I like wasting :D

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I hate i find something I need, and the professional KSL-ers beat me to it, to flip it. (No offence Brandon). It was something I needed, and since I can't just drop everything I'm doing at work and go get it, I lose out. I understand that some people are going to beat others to the punch and that's all part of the game, but it's frustrating when it's something I need (the only reason I get on KSL).

Wanted ads on RME have been a really nice relief from that. If I need some obscure hard-to-find item, I'll post a wanted ad here and usually someone will post up and hold it for me at least 'till I can get off work. I've had great luck with the RME classifieds, sellers, and buyers.

I will say I am growing out of being a Professional ksl guy now that I am done with college, have a baby, and have career type job. I am no longer able to do things at the drop of a hat, or Check the classifieds every hour for new listings.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I will say I am growing out of being a Professional ksl guy now that I am done with college, have a baby, and have career type job. I am no longer able to do things at the drop of a hat, or Check the classifieds every hour for new listings.

Guy I work with had something set up so it emailed/texted him any time something showed up that met his criteria. Nothing quite like a guy hitting submit and in less than a minute someone is calling him. :spork:

Chase39

My favorite ksl experience is when people say "Do you still have this item?" and I reply that I do and never here from them again. Happened at least 3 times this week. oh and people txting/calling around 12-3 am.