Do you browse KSl classifieds with no intention of buying, just for fun?

Do you watch the KSL classifieds with zero intention of buying?

• Total voters

aRR

These stories are great. I used to flip phones from the PHX craigslist. I'd purposely misspell the names of devices I was familiar within the search bar and find horrible ads from at least a week out. All the words were misspelled, no info, no pics. Since they were misspelled, no one had called. I'd throw together a new ad with pictures, information, and current market value of that device-and list it at a fair but high price. I'd set up the buyer and seller at different gas stations across the street from each other, wipe the memory and sell for at least double, after having it in my possession for less than five minutes. The used phone market is so sketchy, I didn't feel bad not knowing any details on the device. The original owner didn't either, and I never got complaints. I'd haggle hard on the buying side and wouldn't budge on the selling side. I pulled 3 transactions in one lunch break and profited almost $600 in 30 minutes. Paid off a new transmission in 2 days.
If you can't even properly list an ad or spell Blackberry correctly, I don't think you deserve to sell at the high price. I've done worse things to stay alive.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
There is a jeep in particular that I've been watching that is a total pile,who a friend I know built and sold to a friend cheap who in turn sold it to a guy that's trying to flip it who think's it's the best thing built but is really a big pile of crap.

I really hope this isn't the Jeep I'm trying to sell. The hard part for me is figuring out value on a vehicle that I've bought and done work on. I totally get that replacing worn out parts won't get you back the same amount of $$$ on a sale but if it runs better doesn't that add value? I wish I knew someone that wasn't interested in buying my CJ7 that could give me an honest evaluation on what its worth. I had it listed for a while and had a lot of people come look at it but none gave me an offer, I pulled the ad cause I was tired of sitting around waiting for people to show up.

I tend to cruise KSL a lot but am getting to the point in my build I am wanting pretty specific items. I will check out something in store then look on ksl for something in good condition. I've saved a fair amount of money recently on camping gear this way (tent and stove.) If I think the price is fair I don't mind paying the asking price and I feel the same way about the things I list. I feel like if I can explain or justify to the buyer that my price is fair I don't need to budge on it but will if its been listed for a while.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I really hope this isn't the Jeep I'm trying to sell. The hard part for me is figuring out value on a vehicle that I've bought and done work on. I totally get that replacing worn out parts won't get you back the same amount of $$$ on a sale but if it runs better doesn't that add value? I wish I knew someone that wasn't interested in buying my CJ7 that could give me an honest evaluation on what its worth. I had it listed for a while and had a lot of people come look at it but none gave me an offer, I pulled the ad cause I was tired of sitting around waiting for people to show up.

I tend to cruise KSL a lot but am getting to the point in my build I am wanting pretty specific items. I will check out something in store then look on ksl for something in good condition. I've saved a fair amount of money recently on camping gear this way (tent and stove.) If I think the price is fair I don't mind paying the asking price and I feel the same way about the things I list. I feel like if I can explain or justify to the buyer that my price is fair I don't need to budge on it but will if its been listed for a while.

Post the specs of your CJ and I will give you an unbiased price of what i think its worth... (make sure you do it in your own thread though)

O'neal

?????????

If it's a 7,used to be a OD green type color changed to black,bright green cage,red 360,swamper's on alum wheel's and in the kamas area then yes.....It really had potential but was fabbed all wrong-spring perch's,cage and body work.Reworked and done right with some gearing/doubler or t-case gears it would have been a great rig.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Oh yeah, I'm with you. This is the most annoying thing. If you're not at least going to make an offer of some kind, don't bother calling. I also hate the people who ask, "Whats the lowest you'll take?" Gee, I dunno. Make an offer and we'll find out! Thats why I have it listed OBO.

Biggest problem is getting them to speak English first to understand them.

Cascadia

Undecided
I've never had a problem getting anyone to speak English. People may have bad grammar and such but I've Never had non English speaking people call on a single ad ever. Maybe it's the stuff I'm selling.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Selling wheels and stereo stuff gets non-English speakers calling .

KSL sucks because theres a lot of attacks on there . I don't even browse anymore . When I'd view something, it would say I was being attacked and Id leave .
How about some KSL alternatives ???