Shop / Tools Effing washing machine that don't.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So what's the dishwasher version of these? Seems like we go through one every three years, plus or minus, because that's how long it takes me to get sick of rewashing dishes and farting around with replacing parts. Last time I ponied up for a Bosch because those were supposed to last, but this one isn't any better than the GE before it or the Kitchenaid or whatever it was before that... I'm losing track.

I don't want "smart", I don't want fifty fawking modes and a bunch of electronic foofery. I just want clean dishes, for the next 20 years. What's out there?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
So what's the dishwasher version of these? Seems like we go through one every three years, plus or minus, because that's how long it takes me to get sick of rewashing dishes and farting around with replacing parts. Last time I ponied up for a Bosch because those were supposed to last, but this one isn't any better than the GE before it or the Kitchenaid or whatever it was before that... I'm losing track.

I don't want "smart", I don't want fifty fawking modes and a bunch of electronic foofery. I just want clean dishes, for the next 20 years. What's out there?
I'm with you. I hate that modern dishwashers are basically just rinse sanitizers.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Bosch dishwashers are the bees knees. Had one in my old house hated to leave it. One in the new house was a cheap pile of crap. Got a well used Bosch and it’s still doin fine.

RockChucker

We got a new GE dishwasher a few years back because the plastic tub of our old one cracked. They have been equivalent and excellent. We only run powder dishwasher soap rather than pods because I discovered that any dishwasher will work amazing if you put soap in the prewash tray. Our new dishwasher doesn’t have that tray and the first few loads we ran in it were terrible. I got sick of needing to wash the dishes either before or after so now we just dump “prewash” soap in the door before we close it up to run the cycle. Now the dishes come out clean every time. If that makes sense.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We got a new GE dishwasher a few years back because the plastic tub of our old one cracked. They have been equivalent and excellent. We only run powder dishwasher soap rather than pods because I discovered that any dishwasher will work amazing if you put soap in the prewash tray. Our new dishwasher doesn’t have that tray and the first few loads we ran in it were terrible. I got sick of needing to wash the dishes either before or after so now we just dump “prewash” soap in the door before we close it up to run the cycle. Now the dishes come out clean every time. If that makes sense.

The Drain rooter guy I use loved tide pods. They keep him busy. They stick to pipe walls and clog everything.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My dishwasher was doa when we moved into our rental house. My multi millionaire landlord, aka BIL goes to get a new one. He shows up later with a floor model/scratch and dent piece of junk fridedare (sp?). I quickly learned not to get him involved with home repairs. This dishwasher has broken several parts and completely rusted out both racks. I have over $400 in parts alone to keep this stupid thing running in the two years we’ve lived here. Don’t get me started on the fridge and washing machine. 😡

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I got tired of crappy dishwashers and bought a fancy stainless steel Maytag. The racks are all rusted and broken so I looked for the receipt. It's 13 years old and still works great. It was $900 13 years ago though. I'm going to replace the rack for $300 vs buy a new efficient one for over a grand.

We also bought a speed queen last month and it's awesome. Not working on appliances is worth $$$$$