EJS07 - Monday April 2nd, Pritchett Canyon

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
It's not so bad if you stay to the left.
Moab08061.jpg

Meat_

Banned
The last time I drove Chewy (which was also the first), I watched several people try to roll repeatedly before my turn.... so I put my seat belt on, started up the hill... drove to the top with zero excitement and became irritated that I put my seat belt on.

It is a little bit worse now than it was then.

Meat_

Banned
So which one is Chewy and which one is Axle Hill?

The one you about slid off the side of (in the soft dirt) is Chewy. The one immediately before Rock Pile is Axle Hill.

Wayne's pictures: the first one is Chewy, the second is a very weird angle on Axle Hill.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Wow! That's a beautiful picture. The sky is almost black. Very nice.

Looks a bit tipsy though. I've got to run that trail one of these trips.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Is it as difficult as it looks or is it more pucker factor?

I think it depends on how tall / tippy your vehicle is. Low COG is your friend on that one. It used to have a lot different approach to it, but now you drive straight at it from the wash and it's not so bad. Bump it up and don't stop, but don't go to fast either. Drive up and then turn right near the top, you level out.

Coming down is more intimidating than going up. We usually run to the top of Pritchett then run it backwards to avoid the highway travel from the exit road.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
Axle hill was a blast! just keep steady on the throttle and up ya go! I love to hear the chirp of the tires climbing those long rock faces.