Northern Utah Fall Quarterly Training Day + Service Project up AF Canyon: September 28-29th 2012

airmanwilliams

also, we need a few people to bring firewood. I'm thinking 5-8 bundles would be sufficient. Anyone willing to bring wood?

speaking of which i know someone that just cut down some dead willow trees around his property in west bountiful if someone wants to pick some up from him for this I can meet you tomorrow morning. I dont think its split yet but its hard wood and from my understanding its been dead for sometime so its ready to burn.

sixstringsteve

awesome. i wish I were up in the bountiful area, that sounds great. Are you not able to make it to this trip? I think you'll love it.

airmanwilliams

Nope im not, I have to work doubles both days and quite possibly go up to rexburg saturday after work to get a bunch of apples from my grandparents and take them some wood.

doughboy0379

Time to fix up my Zuk :D
Any idea as to what CB channel/channels we'll be running? I'd bring some wood but my little Zuk will already be backed to the gills with camping gear LOL.

sixstringsteve

CB Channel 16.

i'll have room in my truck for the wood. You can drop it off at my truck @tibble.

Also, a buddy and I will be meeting early at 4 Pm at tibble on the 28th. If anyone wants to set up camp a few hours early, you're more than welcome to meet us and help us reserve our spots.

Last edited:

TROKITA

I know there is a sign headed into the canyon saying no burning pallets with nails. Can't really blame them much.
Gotcha that sucks :/ well who ever has fire wood at there house. but cant take that much i can stop by and throw some in my truck, but has to be between provo and alpine, dont really want to go pass the point of the mountain and come back

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'll load up as much wood as I can. I have a bunch of wood taking up space in my backyard. Since I won't be camping I'll have extra room.

StormRider

Who's coordinating the logging operation on Thursday, and what size and approx weight are the logs?
I've got an atv trailer that could probably handle 16' logs, and a couple of towing options. Is this where they are going to be dropped off at?
http://goo.gl/maps/v95ie

sixstringsteve

We are also looking for large gas powered drills. The holes we need to drill will need to be slightly smaller than 1/2" diameter (so 5/16" bits) and will need to full penetrate an 8" diameter log (so bit lengths of 10" - 12"). The forest service has 2 such drills. We need more. Please post up or PM me if you can loan one to the project.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
We are also looking for large gas powered drills. The holes we need to drill will need to be slightly smaller than 1/2" diameter (so 5/16" bits) and will need to full penetrate an 8" diameter log (so bit lengths of 10" - 12"). The forest service has 2 such drills. We need more. Please post up or PM me if you can loan one to the project.

How about an electric drill with a generator?