Northern Utah Fall Quarterly Training Day + Service Project up AF Canyon: September 28-29th 2012

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a 5kw generator set that I can put on my 5x10 trailer and tow up there.. I have plenty of drills that will drill thru 8" poles... but I will not be able to come up until saturday morning... I have extensions cords and such equipment that I can bring up with me...

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Also, a buddy and I will be meeting early at 4 Pm at tibble on the 28th. If anyone wants to set up camp a few hours early, you're more than welcome to meet us and help us reserve our spots.

I'll head up early with you guys to setup. I'm flat-towing the 4Runner so my truck bed is available. Should I stop by your house before 4pm to help transport firewood or any other needed materials?

sixstringsteve

Sounds good. I should be able to fit all my materials in my truck, it'll just be me and the dog. Thanks for the offer though.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'll be up early too.

Maybe we should head up Mineral Basin after we're set up. You know, to make sure it's still there.

I like this. Since I'll only be there Friday, I will certainly be doing a trail run after the log hauling. Mineral Basin is my favorite so I'm down.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I like this. Since I'll only be there Friday, I will certainly be doing a trail run after the log hauling. Mineral Basin is my favorite so I'm down.

I'm free all day Friday - if there's work to do early, I'll be there to help, and if not, we can go make sure all those Tacomas didn't break the trail. I really think it's the responsible thing to do. :cool:

I have my 6 y/o this weekend while my wife works, so if anybody else is planning on bringing kids, I'm sure he'd love the company.

sixstringsteve

Thank you for being so responsible Kevin :D

It'd be great to hear the trail conditions. They may end up needing help Friday morning. If you guys could get us a nice spot up dutchman flat that'd be awesome.

TROKITA

ill try to be up there friday morning i already asked for fri and sat off so im free all day those days so yep :) what time and where are you guys meeting friday morning ??????

sixstringsteve

post #1 updated with a better map. Let's tell all our friends and get as many people out to this project as we can. Let's show the Forest Service how much we love our trails!

sixstringsteve

We have one or two people who can help haul logs on Thursday. We could use a few more (see the link in post #1 for more info).

sixstringsteve

Bump. If you have friends who like to wheel but don't know much about trail ettiquette, or how to be active in the preservation of our few remaining trails, send 'em to this event. This is so much more than just a "how to spot" or "how to engage 4 lo." I guarantee everyone will learn something, no matter how experienced you are. spread the word!

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Just got my 4Runner up and running again tonight. But I am catching a cold too....

Depending how I am feeling on Friday I may attend this to get back in the sport with you guys :)