Fatal Roll Near Chimney Rock Pass

RogueJeepr

Here!
I never saw this vehicle out there during training day and haven't herd from the sheriff (I did give him a call a few minutes ago and left a message).

Just wondering if anyone has seen it out there cause other groups are looking to recover it????

I assumed it was gone when we got out there but who knows.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Saw on Instagram that it was still out there earlier this week. Idk who's property it's on, but they'd be the ones to talk to about removing it.

edit: I believe it's high on the south side.

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Jeeper says a group on facebook is interested in recovering it also.
Wonder if we could join forces.

I've seen that trail from Lil moab and it looks steep. No wonder a tow truck hasnt picked it up.

I think the main problem would be getting it down the trail with the wheels turned a bit left. Would need at least 2 rigs strapped to it acting as brakes.

Maybe after the Expo Saturday we could run up and take a look at it or attempt moving it. Who's up for this ???

carsonc1974

Ya talking to the sherrif, they said they were going to leave it up there as a reminder not to drink and drive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Problem with leaving it there is it will get stripped, and the remains will be shot to pieces. It'll just become an eyesore in a hurry. I hope the sheriff could be convinced to allow it to be recovered.

RogueJeepr

Here!
We dont need permission to recover it. Happens all the time when someone rolls their rig.
I think it's wierd the sheriff said that. It gives the greenies a chance to use it as ammo to potentially close the area in the future. Nobody wants that to happen.

Like I said im going up Saturday with or without help, to at least evaluate what needs to be done to get it down.
Im not a facebooker but, if we can get that group and others on here to help that would be great.
Maybe a trailer is needed or a dolly once it's off the trail we can move it down the road.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Saturday is the Salt Lake Offroad Expo.. I will be there most the day. I would like to help with the truck if you guys are willing to wait..

What will be done with it once it is down.. Liability wise, it would suck to be slapped with theft. We for sure need owner permission, and a plan to take it somewhere..

carsonc1974

We dont need permission to recover it. Happens all the time when someone rolls their rig.
I think it's total BS the sheriff said that. It gives them a chance to use it as ammo to potentially close the area in the future. Nobody wants that to happen.

Like I said im going up Saturday with or without help, to at least evaluate what needs to be done to get it down.
Im not a facebooker but, if we can get that group and others on here to help that would be great.
Maybe a trailer is needed or a dolly once it's off the trail we can move it down the road.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

He didn't tell us not too recover, he only said that they weren't going to do anything about it. Both of us got the impression that the sheriffs dept just didnt want to deal with trying to get it off the hill.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Called the sheriff and he said the sgt involved with that , would contact me with the address to take it to. Or at least get it to the main road .
I'll try like hell to get this info soon.

Yeah , Jeeper we can wait.

RogueJeepr

Here!
We'll , Never herd from the Sgt. In charge and didnt find anything on FB.
So, at least we could get it the main road I guess.
What time you wanna meet up tomorrow.?