Fatal Roll Near Chimney Rock Pass

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Good work guys.
I'm curious to know how the conversations with the owner went?
Was he super grateful?
Did he remind you all not to drink and drive?
Did he tell you the horror story of killing his buddy?
What's he going to do with the explorer?

They were very grateful for our efforts

RogueJeepr

Here!
Good work guys.
I'm curious to know how the conversations with the owner went?
Was he super grateful?
Did he remind you all not to drink and drive?
Did he tell you the horror story of killing his buddy?
What's he going to do with the explorer?

The title was transferred to the grandparents from the guy that owned it. He's still mentally shaken from the accident, thinks it's his fault.
After the roll, he ran down to their camp injured and all for help. Took 45min for an ambulance to show and couldn't get to the scene. Radioed in a helicopter which showed about a 1/2 or more after that and winched down a basket to get him. By that time he had passed.

The thing about the news is conflicting reports on alcohol use (or not) and quick to judge. Still somebody's son, friend, family.
It was a steep hill and anybody could have done the same thing trying to back down.
I guess its going to scrap.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'm sorry if my questions sounded insensitive.. I would have asked them much better if I thought the owner had a chance of reading this thread.
I'm very sure it was and still is a horrible event.. I was just curious what they may or may not have said about the whole thing.
Experience is knowledge, and although they had a crummy experience, they still have knowledge to share about it.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Looks like im the one needing a rescue tonight.
736fe08481fc13b4ef8750a1c6d935a8.jpg

It threw the belt off on the freeway. Thought is was the AC pump screeching. Turns out the idler pulley bearing seized. One weird thing is the pulley up closer to the block than usual.

Sent from my Z740 using Tapatalk

Last edited: