Fatal Roll Near Chimney Rock Pass

RogueJeepr

Here!
This is a GO !

I just received a call from the owner of the explorer and have a green light . If we can get it off the mountain they can bring a trailer to haul it home.
Who wants to head out Saturday morning???
I figure we could have it down in a few short hours.

Once we get who can come, I can sort things with the owner when to be there .

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'm out for this weekend also.

I could do Memorial Day evening.

Does anyone know it's exact location?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
How many trucks will you need to safely bring it down? I can be there for the morning, but wouldn't be able to stay long.

RogueJeepr

Here!
The more the better and faster it can get down. If you can help that would be great.
I just talked to the owner who is gonna meet us at the site.
Is 10am. at chevron cool with you?

jeeper

I would really like to participate.. but have some monday AM stuff.. I'll see if I can switch it around..

mesha

By endurance we conquer
This is a GO !

I just received a call from the owner of the explorer and have a green light . If we can get it off the mountain they can bring a trailer to haul it home.
Who wants to head out Saturday morning???
I figure we could have it down in a few short hours.

Once we get who can come, I can sort things with the owner when to be there .

ModStock is the MAN!

jeeper

We have keys for this vehicle or are we dead pulling it?
'Dead pulling'
I see what you did there...

But on that note, the interior of the car does have a ton of blood residue and stains. Be sure whoever is inside at any time has sterile gloves..

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
'Dead pulling'
I see what you did there...

But on that note, the interior of the car does have a ton of blood residue and stains. Be sure whoever is inside at any time has sterile gloves..

That wasn't really my intent but I guess it fits :( This shouldn't be terribly nasty (recovery wise----we could have some other elements to deal with) with keys but it could take a LONG time if we don't have those

RogueJeepr

Here!
Yes. The owner said they will be bringing the keys along with another spare tire , also a spare in the vehicle.
It may start/run (who knows) and may be driven down. Wont know until we get there but hoping for the best.
Can anyone bring a jack???
Mine is too big and heavy .

RogueJeepr

Here!
I have some plastic bags we can put over the seats. If anyone has uneasy feelings about sitting in it, I'll do it. Wouldn't be my first bloody vehicle I've worked on.
Probably not much anyway.

jeeper

I have some plastic bags we can put over the seats. If anyone has uneasy feelings about sitting in it, I'll do it. Wouldn't be my first bloody vehicle I've worked on.
Probably not much anyway.

I don't remember where I saw the interior pictures, but there was a decent amount of blood on the door and seat. Could all be washed out by now.

I'm still not sure if I will be making it or not...
Good luck guys!!