full traction or rock krawler?

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I have no idea what the best kit is but it is really weird how many threads asking about RockKrawler are started by someone in their very first post on the board. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am always entertained by the threads

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I have read others opinions but do not have one of my own. Since I do not even own the vehichle that they would apply to, it would not be fair to comment. Search all the boards not just this one, look closely at the design and quallity of each kit available(why limit yourself to a choice between just those two), talk to people that actually run the kits, and then make your purchase

chadschoon

well i have the full traction lift on order and will be here in a few days but my friend that is sitting here wants rock krawler and i just give him crap about it so we want to see what other peoples point of view are

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
IMHO, Rk is nice, price wise and quality, it does have a couple downfalls, the bracket that welds to the front axle to create the tri link, can break, it is also noisy (clanks, clinks, clunks) when used as a DD.

the full traction, seems to be a RE duplicate. I tried it on my old XJ I had and didnt really care for it, everything was really stiff, not to user friendly and kinda of an uncomfortable ride on the street, and in comparison to the RK I have now on the XJ, I prefer the RK over the FT.

chadschoon

its a totaly diferent kit for the tj and im told it rides like a cadilac on the road. and thats not good if you break the only thing holding the top of your front end in. and was yours the three link in the rear?

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
chadschoon said:
its a totaly diferent kit for the tj and im told it rides like a cadilac on the road. and thats not good if you break the only thing holding the top of your front end in. and was yours the three link in the rear?

only in the front. what kind of vehicle are you running??? I have a good friend I knew in alaska that has the RK three linked front and rear RK kit and loves it, as a matter of fact Brandon at Skys did it for him along with his backwards tire carrier.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
than I would most deffinatly go with the Rk if you still can, I have driven his a few times off the beaten path and quite enjoyed its handling. If you can cancel the FT kit, I would.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I have seen the FT kit and havnt been impressed yet, if you compare quality, Ive seen guys tear the control arms apart at the welds when flexed hard and fast, most the wheeling I know is mud, when under alot of stress, the loading and unloading of the torque is too much. Granted it was on a TJ with a super charger and 38's, so that could have had something to do with it.