full traction or rock krawler?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
yeah, I rock a 400 rti score and I'll wheel circles around the RK kit ;D That is if I had tires :(

I can't imagine having 11" of lift on a full bodied rig. I'd be afraid someone would sneeze to close to it.....

But if you wheel it then more power to ya!

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Nope. I had a shop build my suspension (rocklogic in fact). It flexes just fine for me, and is super stable. Way better deal for what I do and how hard I am on it. It was cheaper than any production kit out there.

what degree ramp--I dont know...something like this I suppose

<

Cody

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
chadschoon said:
so what FT kit did you have and how old was it?

It was their new long arm lift withe the V-link in the rear. Purchased it in early 04'. Ran it on my TJ for a few months then I sold the Jeep.
I heard that they made some improvements with the adjustability issue on the latest kits but I dont know for sure.
The springs that came with the kit really sagged quick. I guess thats to be expected though.

Oh by the way, It flexed like mad :p

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
jpest said:
Oh by the way, It flexed like mad :p

I bet it looked way killer on the ramp ;)

Girls probably tossed bra's at you and stuff with pimp ass flex like that :D T-love and Chad, you guys are in for some serious vagina when you show them your flex.

where is James K?

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Here, you do the math. ramp began as a 42" tire, then another 18" of fender, hood, and windshield. My tire lifted about 24" back and was about 3' in the air.......
standard.jpg

so by my calculations that is equivelant to an RTI of....

who the fawk cares. It didn't tip over.

T_Love

Slightly Modified
Thats a sweet pic i was just curious cause you said somethin about rti and ive seen pics of your zj and its probably the most badass one ive seen

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
You guys need to back off on Cody. Even he admits that he has a big head. :hickey:

No, you got me wrong. You see 'physically' my head is enormous--second only to Brett (man that thing is huge). My oppinion of my jeep however is that it's a pile. But it still runs somehow so I go with it. Thanks for the props though.

Aside from my jeep, I personally am way rad. ;)

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
T_Love said:
You guys were coming up when we on our way down and our buddy through a beer to one of your buddies in the buggy

Through a beer at him or to him?

Last edited:

1BadZJ

UNI-Bomber
Rk

The RK have big flex. I have seen a few on TJ's and I have the 6 LA on my WJ and it has mad flex. Go to the MEPCO show March 19th and there will be some jeeps with RK lifts. I do have a few pictures of a TJ with the FT lift to.

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
I have installed and driven both and from what i have experienced

FT: pain to install, expensive, need a smaller driveline, redo exhaust with minimal room, but the kit is very solid and quiet and works well.

RK: Good price, easier to install, new joints are nice, flexs too well and needs limit straps, triangulated four link rear not 3 link anymore, rides very smooth and works well off-road,

I think that overall the RK kit is better espescially with all the old problems worked out.

who would make a zj an off road vehicle anyways? :D j/k cody i luv ya