gooses truggy (ROKHOPR)

Goose, A.F. UT.

I've wheeled my 92 yota for about 10 yrs now. Its a never ending project,
but thats part of the fun, I just wish I had a $ tree to support the habbit.

motor- Im still running a 22re 4 cyl. (I'd like to add a supercharger)

trans- stock 5 speed, (one of the only original parts still on the truk)

transfer case- dual cases 2.28 to 4.7 with a disc parking brake on the rear shaft

axles- chevy D60 front with 5.86 gears & ARB

rear D60 with D70 spindles & hardened 35 spline shafts & spool

steering- high steer with hydro assist

suspension- Im a little old school Im still runnin leaves,front&rear
(alcan springs W/orbit eyes) with rancho 9000 shocks
I also run suspension winches front&rear

Wheel base- 122"

tires- 42" Iroks , wheels- 17" X 10" rockathon beadlocks

body armor- Ive also done all of my own tube work, bumper, sliders, doors, bed.

custom bed- the bed is all 1.75" tube. I used Aluminum diamond plate to cover it with.
the diamond plate toolbox is recessed down into the bed.
(I love having all my tools & parts cofined into one space.)
I also mounted a spare rear driveline between the rollbar posts,
just behind the truck box.

winch- I run a Ramsey winch on a reciever, it plugs in front or rear
or from the bed mount on the side of the bed

Favorite trails- living in A.F. UT. I do alot of playing up AF canyon, (mineral basin, forest lake,ect.)
since five mile pass is just up the road, I like going out and playing on rattle
snake & constrictor. and I try to get down to moab as much as I can.

Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Nos, does it do much?

Ive always wondered what my rock crawler would feel like with some NOS hooked up? I wanted to know if I would even be able to tell much of a difference. considering the yota motor is only putting out about 125 hp, & the 42" IROKS on the wheel, weigh about 150 lbs a piece.
Well I just took the YOTA for a test drive, I was pretty impressed. WOW!
I only hooked up 1 nozzle, I realy didnt expect it to pull that hard. :D
thats got to be one of the best bangs for the buck. the whole set up cost less than my header.
there are some downsides, the first one that I noticed was that I couldnt quit pushing the button.
(pretty fun!) :D :D :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Damn... that's badass! Good way to bump up power on a 22RE! How are you adding more gasoline so you don't lean it out? I've thought about a 100 HP shot on my 5.3, that thing would own the dunes!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
NOS pics, I think Ill need a bigger bottle

Damn... that's badass! Good way to bump up power on a 22RE! How are you adding more gasoline so you don't lean it out? I've thought about a 100 HP shot on my 5.3, that thing would own the dunes!

there's 2 types of NOS foggers, 1 is a dry fogger (NOS only) & the other is a wet
fogger system. the wet system injects gas & NOS at the same time. you could tap it into your fuel system, but it came with its own fuel pump so I hooked it up to its own fuel source,(the tank off my goped). I figured if I didnt like it that way would be an easy dismantle, plus that way doesnt rob any fuel from the EFI.
the one I bought, you can push it as high as 75hp shot. I only hooked up one nozzle, the guy I talked to said that one, was about a 30 to 35hp shot. I had my doubts, but after the test drive, I would gues 35hp is dead on.
if you threw one of those on your 5.3 that thing would rip. they do have some nice setups that plug into your OEM cumputer & have built in fail safe sensors.:D:D

Attachments

• P1020139.JPG
    P1020139.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
new bed

so Ive been wanting to build a new bed. I built the old one about 7 yrs ago, back when 37's were the big dogs. I built the bed to fit 37's & there were a couple other things I wanted to change.
1 wheel wells for 42 to 44's
2 I wanted it tapered a bit
3 tool box recess into the back of the bed for easy acces
4 new longer shocks & mounts
5 winch mount into truck box for easy use & no theft
I also do a fair amount of camping & hunting in the truck so I didnt want to handicap my option for hauling gear, anyway heres a few pics.

[YOUTUBE]ILd1UJkEmrU[/YOUTUBE]

Attachments

• P1020196.jpg
    P1020196.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 44
  • P1020197.jpg
    P1020197.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 39
  • P1020209.jpg
    P1020209.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P1020310.jpg
    P1020310.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 54
  • P1020311.jpg
    P1020311.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 71
  • P1020348.JPG
    P1020348.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 46
  • P1020349.JPG
    P1020349.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 39
  • P1020236.jpg
    P1020236.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
It's a cool rig for sure. It was good to talk to you briefly on the trail last friday. :cool:

Yeah, its cool to put names with faces. I wish I would have hooked up with you guys to run coyote & heldorado, it looked like you guys had a blast!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
moab, greenday

[video=youtube;fLXfxIXhiso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLXfxIXhiso[/video]

went down to MOAB over the weekend, gota love that place! where else can you go and hit that many trails?
we went out & played around in area BFE, heres a clip of a fun squeze on greenday.

Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Rig looks awesome Goose. That's a cool squeeze there. We did it last Thanksgiving.

that was my first time out there on greenday, theres some fun terrain all over that area. did you try that climb that is right below that squeeze?
by the way how were the hammers?

Bart

that was my first time out there on greenday, theres some fun terrain all over that area. did you try that climb that is right below that squeeze?
by the way how were the hammers?

Yep, made the waterfall on my second try, barely any tire slippage, and that made my whole trip.

JV was FANTASTIC. I want to go again next year. It's the Disneyland of 4 wheeling.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Yep, made the waterfall on my second try, barely any tire slippage, and that made my whole trip.

JV was FANTASTIC. I want to go again next year. It's the Disneyland of 4 wheeling.

right on!!! that watter fall looked like a good one. I wanted to try it but I was already making my wife nervous. (she came down & rode every trail w/me,wow!)
sounds like the rig is workin well!

Bart

Glad to hear your wife went along. Did she do okay with everything? Do you have a grab bar inside these days?

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Glad to hear your wife went along. Did she do okay with everything? Do you have a grab bar inside these days?

she really impressed me! she still gets pretty freaked out, but shes out there with us. the night before she rode up white nuckle with me at night. I thought for sure she would want to get out.
sounds like the buggy tears it up, were gona have to hit some trails this spring so I can see it in action.
PS Im thinkin of runnin back down to moab for a short weekend at the end of next week.

pELYgroso

'Merica
man, your truck is so nice! my fav. part about it? you're STILL leaf sprung, and it STILL makes those obstacles look like CAKE! very nice!