gooses truggy (ROKHOPR)

Goose, A.F. UT.

I've wheeled my 92 yota for about 10 yrs now. Its a never ending project,
but thats part of the fun, I just wish I had a $ tree to support the habbit.

motor- Im still running a 22re 4 cyl. (I'd like to add a supercharger)

trans- stock 5 speed, (one of the only original parts still on the truk)

transfer case- dual cases 2.28 to 4.7 with a disc parking brake on the rear shaft

axles- chevy D60 front with 5.86 gears & ARB

rear D60 with D70 spindles & hardened 35 spline shafts & spool

steering- high steer with hydro assist

suspension- Im a little old school Im still runnin leaves,front&rear
(alcan springs W/orbit eyes) with rancho 9000 shocks
I also run suspension winches front&rear

Wheel base- 122"

tires- 42" Iroks , wheels- 17" X 10" rockathon beadlocks

body armor- Ive also done all of my own tube work, bumper, sliders, doors, bed.

custom bed- the bed is all 1.75" tube. I used Aluminum diamond plate to cover it with.
the diamond plate toolbox is recessed down into the bed.
(I love having all my tools & parts cofined into one space.)
I also mounted a spare rear driveline between the rollbar posts,
just behind the truck box.

winch- I run a Ramsey winch on a reciever, it plugs in front or rear
or from the bed mount on the side of the bed

Favorite trails- living in A.F. UT. I do alot of playing up AF canyon, (mineral basin, forest lake,ect.)
since five mile pass is just up the road, I like going out and playing on rattle
snake & constrictor. and I try to get down to moab as much as I can.

Last edited:

zukijames

idk whats more entertaining the rock crawling or beccas commentairy! your truck is sweet man that first time i went out the the snakes with you and josh i was wishing i bought a yota instead of a zuk!! i thought your truck was the most capable rig in the world.. and that was before you 4 linked the rear and got that red button!! now its even more of a beast!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
idk whats more entertaining the rock crawling or beccas commentairy! your truck is sweet man that first time i went out the the snakes with you and josh i was wishing i bought a yota instead of a zuk!! i thought your truck was the most capable rig in the world.. and that was before you 4 linked the rear and got that red button!! now its even more of a beast!

I know, I llove listening to all the comentary! lol

It makes me feel warm inside to know that my example has affected others.
hahahahahahaha!! :rofl:
now look at you, your a full blown addict! & your zuk proves it, you have done some real cool stuff to it! good job man, Im impressed! ps (Ineed to come by & see it)

zukijames

lol wait tell i get the front working to come see it!! i kinda wish i wasnt an addict no job and being addicted its pretty tough! maybe i should get a job or something

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
heres a clip of my son riding his XR 70 throughthe car wash, & me showing what not to do coming out of mickies hot tub on my XR

[video=youtube;wI_AHbwTMIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_AHbwTMIc[/video]

zukijames

i was up in utah county for the day and almost came and bugged you to look at this beast of yours but i heard you werent feeling to great .. get better and get some work done on this thing!!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Ive made a few changes, so I thought that I had better leave an update on here.
I finished my 3-link build on my front end, I love it! the coil-overs are real nice, I love the fact that i have some adjustment. not to mention that they ride super smooth!!!!!!!
the full hydro steering sucked!!! only because psc sent me a bogus pump, & I kept thinking that there was no way that could be the problem, so I kept looking at other variables.
I tested the suspension out on the rubicon, what a fun trail!!!
yesterday I took the truck down too work to do a little forklift testing, before WE went for a ride up mineral basin.
heres a couple pics of my son driving through the rock garden in mineral basin & a poser pic on the lift.

Attachments

• DSCF0567.jpg
    DSCF0567.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0538.jpg
    DSCF0538.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF0572.jpg
    DSCF0572.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 58

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I found another addiction this spring (HARLEY SPORTSTER) the bike was silver when I bought it, which was fine, but I love the flat black look. So I had the tank & tins painted & I pulled Off most of the chrome & had the pieces powder-coated.
So this is another project that Ive been working on & I thought that I would share a pic

Attachments

• P1030399.jpg
    P1030399.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 25

toyota rockhead

looks like it passed the fork lift test! thats awesome the front end works killer
and it looks bad ass with the coil-overs on there. It did awesome out on the Rubicon as
well. I wish i could have gone up mineral basin with you guys i missed out!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!!

NEW TIRES BABY!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0681.JPG
    DSCF0681.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0691.jpg
    DSCF0691.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0692.jpg
    DSCF0692.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0693.jpg
    DSCF0693.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 44

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Hey...it's not your birthday! :D They look good. Will be curious to see how they work in a week and a half.

shhhhh! dont tell my wife that. hahaha
yeah, Im anxious to see how they hook up. weight 103 (my scale)
they measured in at 41&1/2" & 15 &1/2" wide, mounted on the wheel with 10 to 12 lbs of air. they seem to be about the same height as my Iroks were when new.
LETS GO TEST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

zukijames

man you must be a better person than me i never get birthday presents that are that sweet!! expecialy when its not even my birthday :) cant wait to wheel with ya next week!