gooses truggy (ROKHOPR)

Goose, A.F. UT.

I've wheeled my 92 yota for about 10 yrs now. Its a never ending project,
but thats part of the fun, I just wish I had a $ tree to support the habbit.

motor- Im still running a 22re 4 cyl. (I'd like to add a supercharger)

trans- stock 5 speed, (one of the only original parts still on the truk)

transfer case- dual cases 2.28 to 4.7 with a disc parking brake on the rear shaft

axles- chevy D60 front with 5.86 gears & ARB

rear D60 with D70 spindles & hardened 35 spline shafts & spool

steering- high steer with hydro assist

suspension- Im a little old school Im still runnin leaves,front&rear
(alcan springs W/orbit eyes) with rancho 9000 shocks
I also run suspension winches front&rear

Wheel base- 122"

tires- 42" Iroks , wheels- 17" X 10" rockathon beadlocks

body armor- Ive also done all of my own tube work, bumper, sliders, doors, bed.

custom bed- the bed is all 1.75" tube. I used Aluminum diamond plate to cover it with.
the diamond plate toolbox is recessed down into the bed.
(I love having all my tools & parts cofined into one space.)
I also mounted a spare rear driveline between the rollbar posts,
just behind the truck box.

winch- I run a Ramsey winch on a reciever, it plugs in front or rear
or from the bed mount on the side of the bed

Favorite trails- living in A.F. UT. I do alot of playing up AF canyon, (mineral basin, forest lake,ect.)
since five mile pass is just up the road, I like going out and playing on rattle
snake & constrictor. and I try to get down to moab as much as I can.

Last edited:

Coco

How many times did you hit the nitrous on suicide? :D Porter is doing awesome!!! Your a bad influence you know... Mine has to stay street legal..

Coco

I actually remember asking him the same question, and if he doesnt mind me saying, and if I remember right, I believe it is just a cherry bomb?? All I know is I love the sound it make too :D

mine is too damn quiet that is for sure

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
we need to get Porter and Hunter to gether for a snake run!!

I actually remember asking him the same question, and if he doesnt mind me saying, and if I remember right, I believe it is just a cherry bomb?? All I know is I love the sound it make too :D

mine is too damn quiet that is for sure

colton is right, just a headder & cherry bomb, (& a couple of leaks that need fixing)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
ive wheeled with a few toyotas and i swear yours and josh's motors are on roids or something! even when your not pushin the red button that thing rips!

We had a good time in pritchet with you! wish you could have hit greenday with us, we had a blast!
did you get thet winch?

zukijames

yeah i got it man! i need to get some money to ya.. i'll just add that to the bill for when you put my 4.7s in for me! and i need to find somewhere to mount the dang thing.. stinking zuks have no room lol thinking i'll copy you and leave it mounted in the back for the most part since if will hang out in the front a ton unless i put it infront of my grill.. blocking my tiny radiator.. i have next friday and saturday off.. come down!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Wish I was back down there wheeling with you! Because we messed around so much on greensward
I never made it over to play on Britney, lame! Ill have to come back down soon.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
So I went down to col. with some buddies last weekend. We went & hit billings canyon (always a fun run) then we went over to montrose to check out the trails over there. they have a nice trail system put together. well marked & maint. we decide to run DIE TRYIN, Id heard more about that one than the rest.
heres a couple fun clips

[video=youtube;SE7tt469pBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7tt469pBs[/video]

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I went down to Moab last week with the kids. It was & relaxe!
We mostly took it easy, ran some easy fun trails. I let my son porter do most of the driving. I really have a lot of fun watching him!!!
I worked with him a bit on recovering controll of the truck in reverse, after not making it up a climb. he picked it up fast.
Heres a clip of him on a steep wall, & a clip of him climbing out of mickeys hot tub.

[video=youtube;Yl9KwY53_88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9KwY53_88[/video]

toyota rockhead

Thats awesome!!! Good job port!!! hes an animal i thought that was you in there at the first of the video! Everytime i see footage of him driving it amazes me to see how he keeps getting better and better.

ricsrx

Goose i know the feeling, the incredible sence of pride when your son takes on the challange! great driving Porter!