gooses truggy (ROKHOPR)

Goose, A.F. UT.

I've wheeled my 92 yota for about 10 yrs now. Its a never ending project,
but thats part of the fun, I just wish I had a $ tree to support the habbit.

motor- Im still running a 22re 4 cyl. (I'd like to add a supercharger)

trans- stock 5 speed, (one of the only original parts still on the truk)

transfer case- dual cases 2.28 to 4.7 with a disc parking brake on the rear shaft

axles- chevy D60 front with 5.86 gears & ARB

rear D60 with D70 spindles & hardened 35 spline shafts & spool

steering- high steer with hydro assist

suspension- Im a little old school Im still runnin leaves,front&rear
(alcan springs W/orbit eyes) with rancho 9000 shocks
I also run suspension winches front&rear

Wheel base- 122"

tires- 42" Iroks , wheels- 17" X 10" rockathon beadlocks

body armor- Ive also done all of my own tube work, bumper, sliders, doors, bed.

custom bed- the bed is all 1.75" tube. I used Aluminum diamond plate to cover it with.
the diamond plate toolbox is recessed down into the bed.
(I love having all my tools & parts cofined into one space.)
I also mounted a spare rear driveline between the rollbar posts,
just behind the truck box.

winch- I run a Ramsey winch on a reciever, it plugs in front or rear
or from the bed mount on the side of the bed

Favorite trails- living in A.F. UT. I do alot of playing up AF canyon, (mineral basin, forest lake,ect.)
since five mile pass is just up the road, I like going out and playing on rattle
snake & constrictor. and I try to get down to moab as much as I can.

Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Thats awesome!!! Good job port!!! hes an animal i thought that was you in there at the first of the video! Everytime i see footage of him driving it amazes me to see how he keeps getting better and better.

I know what you mean! in fact, when I showed port the first clip, he thought it was me driving. haha
its sure fun to watch his instincts!! both of those clips he picked his own lines. I also let him pull bert up a climb, all on his own. he thought that was pretty awesome!!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
flipping my rig, Doh!

I thought that i would post up the vid of me flipping my rig at sand hollow, I finally put it together the other day.
climb-"the impossible" I got a little impatient & took a stupid angle!!
so enjoy at my expense!!! haha!

[video=youtube_share;jrBEYxAk0yQ]http://youtu.be/jrBEYxAk0yQ[/video]

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
so Ive wanted to make a few changes to my rig for a while now. so I got started a month ago. I pulled out my 60/40 split bench & installed some nice leather buckets (love them!) i also had a rear drive line disco laying around that I finally installed. :) I need to shorten my rear driveline, & after thinking about it . I decided to make a few other changes.
The bed is comming off.....
the new bed will be 13" shorter 48" total, & quite a bit more tapered at the back.
frame is coming off at the cab...... good riddence!
New wheelbase.................... this will be short for me, 114" (its 121" as it sits)
rear driveline 9" shorter,
lower links 7" shorter & slightly bent like a hockey stick.
my rear tires will end up 2" behind the cab.
lower my rig at least 2"
new king 18" 2.5 coilovers (it was only a matter of time after putting some on the front.)
I went and bought tubing & steel so the cutting has begun!!

Ill post some pics of my progress in a bit :)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
^
X2

and how did you get your truck out of there?

that was a tight crappy spot!!! had to chain my winch to my slider. took me 6 hrs to flip it & get it running again. it was upside down for 4 hrs I lost 3 quarts of oil & all of my t-case oil. I had to sit & blow oil out of the cylinders for a while!
other than a couple dents in my roof & a broken CB ant. that was really my only damage . & carpet full of gear oil. (that's gone!)

Bart

I definitely think the right rear tire played a part in that roll. It had less air than your other tires. Can't wait to see the new build, you always come up with great lines and ideas for your rig.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I definitely think the right rear tire played a part in that roll. It had less air than your other tires. Can't wait to see the new build, you always come up with great lines and ideas for your rig.

You know I hadnt thought of that, your right! I knew the tire was low. from the looks of that vid that tire only had 2 0r 3 lbs in it.
Thanks for the compliment bart. Im excited to use some of these designs that keep floating around in my head. :)

Coco

I am saddened to see the bed go!!! I LOVE your rig Goose, but I am anxious to see what you come up with!! Sounds like it will be little, with the tire 2" behind the cab, but maybe not?

Let me know if you need a helping hand or anything!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
How about a front limiting strap.. lol I think you need like 400-500 Hp ...

I could use a strap on each side. I use a suspension winch in the front. (it doesnt help much when you dont use it though)
hp is always nice!
although thats not really a hp climb. Its pretty tight & technical & a steep climb. I do have a little button that says NOS, that I use ocasionally :) (I felt like I was trying to drive a fullsize rig through some of those cracks down there)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I still love using my rig for camping & exploring. so I will deffinately still need room to carry my gear & some tools of course. it will just be slimmed down & on a diet & some how incorparate some nice lines.
It will be 114" WB, which will be fun for me!! Im used to driving a bus, haha!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
ok... I got started on the truggys' latest transformation.
porter & I cut the bed off, cut the frame. Im committed now (0_0)
heres a couple pics of the chop..

Attachments

• DSCF1407.jpg
    DSCF1407.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1411.jpg
    DSCF1411.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF1446.jpg
    DSCF1446.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1443.jpg