Help needed with AF Canyon Service project: Thursday and Friday, Sept 27th-28th

I want to say like 15 trailerloads total, plus or minus? We started with one trailer that made 3 or 4 trips, then another showed up and they each made several more. I think each trailer was moving 12-14 logs per trip, anyway, and we had all the logs moved by around 1600 when the last truckload of them arrived, so with three trailers going in the morning we should polish it off.

Awesome, nice work you guys! I'm hosed for tomorrow, but based on how deadlifts felt this morning, maybe that's a good thing.

See ya Saturday!

sixstringsteve

It's roped. We didn't like the spots you were eyeballing, Steve, so we followed Cheryls advice and flagged off the big area right off the Mary Ellen Gulch trailhead.

You guys ROCK! Thank you so much. Way to represent and show the FS how much we care about our trails. I'll see you guys tomorrow night.

Last edited:

TROKITA

ill try to be there as early as possible today to help if i can wake up early and gather food for me ill be on my way.

sixstringsteve

UPDATE: They don't need anymore trailers up there today, but they still need bodies able to help load/unload logs, and build the fence. You're going to get a head-start building the fence today. Remember to bring gloves, closed toe shoes and long pants (Maverick, leave the daisy dukes at home, this isn't the relic run). ;)

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Had four trailers up there today, moved 100 logs in two trips and got a good start on the fence.

I wish I could be out there with you guys tomorrow. But today was great and I'm very glad I was able to help a little.

ret32

Went up there last night to deliver some items and chat with the Forest Service. All the logs were moved, the fence had been started, and it looks absolutely awesome! Thanks to Marlin from Lone Peak 4 Wheelers and Steve with RME for getting together all you RME volunteers to get that done. The Forest Service was very impressed and very thankful. They are looking forward to getting the fence finished up today.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Fence is finished! Man that was a ton of work but we really rocked it with all the volunteers we had. There are some loose ends to tie up but 100% of the logs are in place, drilled and nailed. Its now down to tidying things up. Its been a long time in the making, a big thanks to all those that had hands in this project!

sixstringsteve

For those that volunteered but didn't get a NPLD shirt or Forest Service Coffee Mug, let me know. I'll get in touch with Cheryl and get you what you missed. Thanks everyone, especially those who stepped up during the week, we could not have done this without you.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'm glad I was able to have a hand in this. Steve if you do have a shirt for me that would be awesome but if not no big deal.

It feels great to part of something to protect such a historical site. I really wish I could have been there today.

Thanks to everyone who helped and all the people behind the scenes who put this together.

sixstringsteve

I'd be happy to meet her at IKEA and drop it off with her. Text me the details. Let's see, you're willing to go far away and protect my freedoms with your life, but I'm not willing to drive 15 minutes to deliver a shirt... that kinda puts it into perspective.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'd be happy to meet her at IKEA and drop it off with her. Text me the details. Let's see, you're willing to go far away and protect my freedoms with your life, but I'm not willing to drive 15 minutes to deliver a shirt... that kinda puts it into perspective.

You rock steve, ill send you a text in the morning.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

This overflows with win.

sixstringsteve

Thanks again to all that helped. We had 45 volunteers! Way to go guys. I'll get a couple more pics up later tonight.