Hole In the Rock, Red Canyon, Blue Notch, & other trails in danger - We need help!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Homework assignments for Monday the 10th:

Research Potential Concerns with Chapter 2? (Alternatives) - Everyone
Research Potential Concerns with Chapter 3? (Affected Environment) - Kevin & Stephen)
Research Potential Concerns with Soils, Vegetation, Wildlife, Special-Status Species section (Chapter 4, Part 1) - Kurt & David
Research Potential Concerns with Soundscapes section (Chapter 4, Part 2-4) - Troy & Jeeper
Research Potential Concerns with Visitor Experience, Cultural, Socioeconomics, Health and Safety, Paleological section (Chapter 4, Part 5) - Scott & Marc
Research Potential Concerns with wilderness section (Chapter 4, 6-8) - Andre

Please come to the meeting on the 10th (or email ahead of time) an executive summary on your subject. Identify any talking points that you think would be important to comment about. Thanks!

Anyone else reading this that wants to be part of the solution... choose a section or two and read through them. Make notes, jot down things that catch your attention, things people (you would) want to comment on, etc. We need as many eyes on this as we can get. Post up if you want to make it official and I'll get your name next to a section.

I think it is pretty funny that the NPS has indicated increased access to HITR sites would be beneficial to "members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". I get the reasoning, but I have never thought of it that way, any more than I think of visiting remote early Catholic missions as being beneficial only to Catholics. :rolleyes:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I think it is pretty funny that the NPS has indicated increased access to HITR sites would be beneficial to "members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". I get the reasoning, but I have never thought of it that way, any more than I think of visiting remote early Catholic missions as being beneficial only to Catholics. :rolleyes:

I agree.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Glen Canyon DEIS Meeting #2
Monday, Feb 10th - 6:00 PM
111 East Broadway (300 South) Suite 250 (Salt Lake City)
Parking: Available on the street along Broadway (300 South). Metered street parking is free after 6:00 PM. If you're worried about the late night street crowd bothering you're vehicle on the street, there is a parking garage right there, but you're on your own to pay for it. Building (doors and elevator) lock down at 6:00 PM as well. So those that can, try to show up about 5:45, put 1 quarter in the meter, then you're good for parking and for getting in the building. Those that arrive later will need to call Ron 801-400-4656 and he will get you in.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I have vowed to never drive in salt lake again.. Can I catch a ride with someone? I am in South Jordan, but can meet at your house first... Or I may just have to trax it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Glen Canyon DEIS Meeting #2
Monday, Feb 10th - 6:00 PM
111 East Broadway (300 South) Suite 250 (Salt Lake City)
Parking: Available on the street along Broadway (300 South). Metered street parking is free after 6:00 PM. If you're worried about the late night street crowd bothering you're vehicle on the street, there is a parking garage right there, but you're on your own to pay for it. Building (doors and elevator) lock down at 6:00 PM as well. So those that can, try to show up about 5:45, put 1 quarter in the meter, then you're good for parking and for getting in the building. Those that arrive later will need to call Ron 801-400-4656 and he will get you in.

Metered parking is no longer free after 6pm, it's 8pm now because they are greedy bastards (http://www.parkingslc.com/meters-2).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have vowed to never drive in salt lake again.. Can I catch a ride with someone? I am in South Jordan, but can meet at your house first... Or I may just have to trax it.

We could pick you up in the 90th South/1-15 area at 5:30'ish or your welcome to park here (be here by 5:20PM). LMK

Metered parking is no longer free after 6pm, it's 8pm now because they are greedy bastards (http://www.parkingslc.com/meters-2).

10-4, just going off of Ron's info.

Bump for tonight, we had a bunch of people offer to help out that haven't chimed back in. Show up tonight as there will be plenty of assignments in need of a volunteer.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I doubt if I will be able to make it tonight but I will continue my reading and research. Joan and I are going through coughing spells.