How many of you out there are going to get a dirt bike in the near future?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Good to know Caleb. Didn't you have a 610? How did you like it? I was looking hard for one before I found my WR--not sure if I'm better off now or not :-\

Caleb

Yeah, I had a 610. To be fair, I only had it for ~6 months, it was my first bike and I got it in October so most of the months I had it were winter months. It's was a nice bike that was quite smooth. I loved the 6 speed, I could cruise at 75mph and not feel like I was wringing it's neck. The bike would lug better than any bike I've ever seen. It was a heavy bike (although it's the lightest of any of the 600s). Being such a heavy dirt bike, and being a 600, it was a handful for me. I don't think I would recommend it for anyone as a first bike, but for someone like you, it could be a great compliment to your bike stable. I broke my foot riding mine on the HITR trail. When that happened, Russ jumped on my bike and rode it like it was nothing.

I wouldn't mind getting another someday, but it will be in addition to a good dirt bike, not as my only dirt bike.

rholbrook

Lets see, the Husky 610. Husky fits her. The first obstacle I went up was a long series of small ledges, not what I would have wanted to start out on but that thing lugged like crazy. Would I want to ride it up Ben Lomond or AF, probably not. Would I love to ride it on dirt roads with out too many obstacles, absolutely. The bike rode like a big enduro, not like a WR and for sure not a YZF or CRF. Caleb had a huge tank on it filled to the cap, and another water tank on the back which limited mobility on the seat. My ass was sore from hitting the water tank. I liked riding the Husky, it has smooth power and seemed to pull for ever. For HITR, the suspension was too soft as would be understandable, the seat was nice and comfy. Would I own one? I would, it would be a fun bike to take up Farmington Canyon and ride it over Skyline and come down Bountiful Canyon. I would be a great bike to ride to work if you dont like how a true street bike feels and weighs. I rode the bike at 65 MPH on the road back to the airport at Hall Crossing. It really felt good at that speed. My WR would be wound up pretty good at 65. I really liked the Husky and it is perfect for rides that it was built for, its not a great trail bike, it will do it, but you will feel it in your muscles the next day.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Thanks for the input you guy's :D

Seems like they would be pretty comparable to an XR650R which is why I was considering one. I especially LOVE the left side kickstart (all the greatest bikes throughout history have them ;)) feature! yep I'm a south paw lol

Caleb

Thanks for the input you guy's :D

Seems like they would be pretty comparable to an XR650R which is why I was considering one. I especially LOVE the left side kickstart (all the greatest bikes throughout history have them ;)) feature! yep I'm a south paw lol
Well, the newer ones don't even have a kick start. I think (it's been a while since I've talked Husky trivia :D) you have to go pre-2000 to get the left side kick. I know for a few years they went to a right side kick, and then I know my 2003 had no kick starter at all.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member