How many of you out there are going to get a dirt bike in the near future?

WillyLin

I'm intesmrested getting into dirt bike., I would love a inexpensive bike to work on ... is it possible to get one under 1k ?

Caleb

I'm intesmrested getting into dirt bike., I would love a inexpensive bike to work on ... is it possible to get one under 1k ?

something to be careful with is buying a bike that needs a "little work" for cheap could turn in to an expensive bike if you aren't careful. But as mentioned, absolutely you can pick-up a bike for under $1000.

Cascadia

Undecided
Well I wasn't really planning on getting a new bike today, although I really wanted one. I picked up an 08 tundra today and with the extra money from selling my sti, my wife decided to be very nice today, she let me pick up an 08 ktm 250 xcf-w. It's street legal and has a rekluse clutch. I bought it from the original owner that was probably 65 years old. I got a smokin' deal I couldn't turn down. I'll try and get some pics up later. I'm ready to go on a ride!

Caleb

Well I wasn't really planning on getting a new bike today, although I really wanted one. I picked up an 08 tundra today and with the extra money from selling my sti, my wife decided to be very nice today, she let me pick up an 08 ktm 250 xcf-w. It's street legal and has a rekluse clutch. I bought it from the original owner that was probably 65 years old. I got a smokin' deal I couldn't turn down. I'll try and get some pics up later. I'm ready to go on a ride!

I was going to reply to you again and tell you that if you pass up that bike you'd be crazy. You scored a killer bike. :) (truck too :D)

Cascadia

Undecided
Just so you know Caleb, I didn't get that one. But it is the same exact everything including the rekluse, down to the hand guards I think. I got a number from a buddy that knew a guy. His tranny went out In his Subaru and I almost got my bike for half that one. The guy also threw in his stand, 8 oil filters, a jug of oil, the original clutch, and a few other goodies. The park city one sold earlier today too. I totally lucked out! And yes I love my wife too!

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I need to get a bike soon. Hopefully the one I'm looking at works out on Saturday. The trials bike isn't going anywhere though, I love riding trials.

Caleb

Just so you know Caleb, I didn't get that one. But it is the same exact everything including the rekluse, down to the hand guards I think. I got a number from a buddy that knew a guy. His tranny went out In his Subaru and I almost got my bike for half that one. The guy also threw in his stand, 8 oil filters, a jug of oil, the original clutch, and a few other goodies. The park city one sold earlier today too. I totally lucked out! And yes I love my wife too!

:eek: Wow, you stole that bike!!! Even the PC one was a great deal.

Cascadia

Undecided
I guess well see. I'm excited to ride this bike. I feel like I'll have plenty of time to get good on it cause there's no way I want to sell it for how good of a deal I got.