I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

STAG

On my grind
The funniest shit I’ve seen in a while just happened.

I sold a 65” flatscreen TV on FB marketplace.

3 Spanish speaking men, none of which were over 5’ tall, showed up in a late 2000’s Honda Civic. And watching them try for 15 minutes to get it to fit in their car, and still have room for them to sit 😂

They finally got it but wow that was entertaining.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Slightly different exchange. I just sold a vehicle. Had a couple annoying looky loos asking all the questions that are in the add listing. Then this dude starts texting, asking me pretty relevant questions. Took a bit for us to align schedules. He comes and looks at it, drives it for an hour, he told me he wanted to get it in the dirt and that he would be a while and offered to wash it and put gas in it, then left me the keys to his newer Lexus as collateral. Sends me 4 texts while he is test driving it. Comes back and hands me cash after mild haggling. All told, we had over 150 text messages, his hour test drive and over an hour in my driveway asking questions. Then he texts me videos of him in Moab in the vehicle. Interesting dude but damn that's the most work I've ever put into selling a vehicle.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Slightly different exchange. I just sold a vehicle. Had a couple annoying looky loos asking all the questions that are in the add listing. Then this dude starts texting, asking me pretty relevant questions. Took a bit for us to align schedules. He comes and looks at it, drives it for an hour, he told me he wanted to get it in the dirt and that he would be a while and offered to wash it and put gas in it, then left me the keys to his newer Lexus as collateral. Sends me 4 texts while he is test driving it. Comes back and hands me cash after mild haggling. All told, we had over 150 text messages, his hour test drive and over an hour in my driveway asking questions. Then he texts me videos of him in Moab in the vehicle. Interesting dude but damn that's the most work I've ever put into selling a vehicle.

Was this the 4Runner?
New vehicle coming?? 😁

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Not sure anyone else has experienced this?

I have my Ram CTD listed on KSL. Every day I have been getting multiple text messages from iphone users (usually scams come from green texts) that are essentially the same conversation over and over. First they ask if there are any issues with the truck, then they ask if there is any body damage, then they ask a pretty specific question about the vehicle (one was about the interior, one was about the bed liner etc...) and then they low ball the shit out of the price. I'm currently asking $37K and they are offers from $29K-$34K without even seeing the truck. I shoot them down and then they say they have cash and are coming from Utah County and want to make it worth the drive.

I called one "person" out last night and asked if he was a scammer or a broker trying to get it cheap? He said neither, it seems fishy to me though. Are they just working me to make me assume my vehicle isn't worth what I am asking and eventually take their low ball offers?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I started just saying "call me so I can confirm that you're real" if people start acting funny. It's weeded some out and the others that call me get a good laugh out of it and we start off on the right foot.

J-mobzz

Not sure anyone else has experienced this?

I have my Ram CTD listed on KSL. Every day I have been getting multiple text messages from iphone users (usually scams come from green texts) that are essentially the same conversation over and over. First they ask if there are any issues with the truck, then they ask if there is any body damage, then they ask a pretty specific question about the vehicle (one was about the interior, one was about the bed liner etc...) and then they low ball the shit out of the price. I'm currently asking $37K and they are offers from $29K-$34K without even seeing the truck. I shoot them down and then they say they have cash and are coming from Utah County and want to make it worth the drive.

I called one "person" out last night and asked if he was a scammer or a broker trying to get it cheap? He said neither, it seems fishy to me though. Are they just working me to make me assume my vehicle isn't worth what I am asking and eventually take their low ball offers?
If you’re genuinely curious Google phone carrier check and look up the number. If it comes back as some voip or really anything but a recognizable phone carrier it’s either a scam or possibly someone making multiple numbers to low ball you multiple times.

I can say I’ve been casually looking for something fun. Jeep, k5, fox body. And price’s still seem to be on 2021-2022 scale but I’m seeing the same things for sale for quite some time so while I never make offers over text or the phone I’ve been being picky and wanting for the right deal. It doesn’t seem (from my perspective) to be that sellers market like it was a year ago.