• IMPORTS

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • DOMESTICS

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I can't resisit, I have to jump in and defend 1968 jeepthing. First off, I think this poll is unfair because it is obviously biased....but it's still fun to interact.
I AM A DOMESTIC MAN THROUGH AND THROUGH. on the topic of durability---a 4.3 will run for 300k miles no problem, I've seen many do it. Sure it will burn a little oil but who cares??
YellowJacket---reliability?? lets talk about your rig, it's a challenge to get that thing to campus from salt lake. LOL however my jeeps 4.3 starts everytime. first crank.
Trail prowess? again YellowJacket- we both watched your Yota on the ramp out back and what did it get? 11 inches before it pulled a wheel? I think mine went 34"? nother point for domestics.
THIS OTTA RAISE SOME HAIRS!!!
Brandon
82 CJ7

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Nice to see you too Brandon.:)

Everything my truck sucks at is because of something I did to it. Example: My truck doesn't like to start in the mornings because I didn't rebuild my carb properly.

This thread isn't talking about who has the sweetest modified truck or who has spent the most money on it.

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
I have worked on Jeeps, and I have worked on honda's, Both suck. Toyotas on the other hand, I don't mind as much. I have worked as a mechanic(will never do it again), and I hate working on domestics.

None of my opinions are biased. My opinions have been based on real life experience, and owning 45 vehicles over the past 10 years.

Bbowski, Ramps don't mean jack. Why do you think they use them anymore. Ramps are taylored to short wheelbase(like jeep or fj40 LC). Oh, and check this. Tobins truck, with the little wheel travel he has, and the stock toyota draglink, and no front locker was wheeling as good as guys with lots of flex, and locked front and rear. Imagine when he gets some different springs put on. Tobin, get that carb fixed right.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Oh yeah, I agree. I just had to Jaz Tobin (we both go to school together, well sorta) I too was a technician, I graduated with general motors. But i would have to disagree, I really like to work on domestics (probably because they break so much more) MORE MONEY U KNOW. but then again I just interviewed for a job with Toyota Motor Sales USA as a service engineer at their Corp headquarters. So...I am all mixed up. But please don't take that last post too seriously it was for the sole purpose of razzin Tobin.
Brandon

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
He knows we go to school together and that is what I got out of it.:D

We still need you to be our advisor for the club up there. The Student Activities Coordinator never answers his phone and never calls me back though. That's sweet you interviewed with Toyota, (little confusing but understandable) but is there a Headquarters in Utah?

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
No headquarters is in Torrance, CA. so it would be a summer intern position. pretty cool job! Just let me know if I can do anything to get ahold of anybody to get that club rollin because i will be ready to wheel in about 5 days(I am getting 5 replacement shafts when I go home for Thanksgiving today) Happy Thanksgiving, Brandon

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Yeah, I thought it was somewhere in CA. I guess we won't be wheeling with you in the summer. Maybe we will meet up with you at the Rubicon! (ya right) Let me know if you go.

Brandon, If you ever get a chance you could try getting a hold of Russ with Student Activities @ 626-6349. He said he would get back to me about you being our advisor also you could pick up waivers from him that we all need to sign to be a "school club" and get sponsered.

I'm not ready to wheel. I've got to get a new rear driveline and get my front locker in, etc...