Jeep Safari 5 year permit and EA

Mother Deuce

Having read all 75 pages of the permit, plus both findings of NSI and the 4-page list of stipulations . . . :-\ I am still unclear on the limitations for all 32 routes on the EJS (see #26). For non-exclusive routes there is stilil an upper limit on the number of vehicles "per trip" (i.e., 60 vehicles on Fins & Things.) Does that mean 60 registered vehicles for every trip listed in the 2006 EJS schedule, plus an unlimited number of unregistered ("private") vehicles?

I guess the ambiguity in my mind is this: why there would be a cap placed on registered vehicles and not on "private" vehicles when BLM clearly believes the registered participants are the more responsible users during EJ week? :confused: No response needed if that is simply a rhetorical question. However, if there are only 60 vehicles allowed on the route at any one time, that is a practical question.

Sorry if this is redundant to EJS vet's. I'm submitting route requests for my first trip and just trying to comply with the rules and avoid unpleasant suprises.

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
Mother Deuce said:
Having read all 75 pages of the permit, plus both findings of NSI and the 4-page list of stipulations . . . :-\ I am still unclear on the limitations for all 32 routes on the EJS (see #26). For non-exclusive routes there is stilil an upper limit on the number of vehicles "per trip" (i.e., 60 vehicles on Fins & Things.) Does that mean 60 registered vehicles for every trip listed in the 2006 EJS schedule, plus an unlimited number of unregistered ("private") vehicles?

I guess the ambiguity in my mind is this: why there would be a cap placed on registered vehicles and not on "private" vehicles when BLM clearly believes the registered participants are the more responsible users during EJ week? :confused: No response needed if that is simply a rhetorical question. However, if there are only 60 vehicles allowed on the route at any one time, that is a practical question.

Sorry if this is redundant to EJS vet's. I'm submitting route requests for my first trip and just trying to comply with the rules and avoid unpleasant suprises.
The vehicle cap is for the permit so there is no cap for non registered users. We regularly see more non registered vehicles on Golden Spike and Pritchett for example hence the club asking for exclusive use for a better experience for those that sign up.
Todd

Mother Deuce

Todd Adams said:
The vehicle cap is for the permit so there is no cap for non registered users. We regularly see more non registered vehicles on Golden Spike and Pritchett for example hence the club asking for exclusive use for a better experience for those that sign up.
Todd

Thanks Todd. It is clear that a huge amount of work goes into this permit and I appreciate RR4W getting the word out so we can plan ahead to spend the extra $$ or choose a different route. I hope it turns out to be a positive experience for everyone.

1993yj

Just a quick thought, if the cap is 60 for registered trails (which seems like a lot of people to put in a group), are all of the registered trails already full? Or would people who havent registered for a trail yet still be able to register so they can get on a trail? Mainly I am referring to Fri and Sat on the big weekend.

Mother Deuce

1993yj said:
Just a quick thought, if the cap is 60 for registered trails (which seems like a lot of people to put in a group), are all of the registered trails already full? Or would people who havent registered for a trail yet still be able to register so they can get on a trail? Mainly I am referring to Fri and Sat on the big weekend.
Just to clarify, the cap goes from 25 vehicles to 60 vehicles, depending on the trail. There is a guide for every 20 vehicles.

Do you have the official 2006 EJS paper from RR4W? It tells you how to register for trails and how they are assigned. I believe they don't start assigning trails until March 1 so you have time. Todd or Kurt will correct me if I am wrong. :eek: But if you don't have the paper yet you have to start there.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
1993yj said:
Like Mother Deuce said, none of the trails will be assigned until March 1st. If you need a paper, which has all the registration info in it, call 435-259-ROCK.