Jeeper's F350 'Bagheera'

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
My brother pretty much has the same truck but in a dually version and an aluminum bed and he sits right around 10 as well. Did the emissions deletes and it didn't help any. He has a 50 gal titan tank though. He just went and bought a '17 power stroke and he's averaging 15 mpg with it.

And also, thanks to Netflix, I now understand the name of your truck ha.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Ford had this great Idea with their up-fitter switches, but then they ruined it by making them key on only. I wanted to have use of the switches without the key. The internet is full of ideas on how to cut and splice wires to get the switches to have power without key. I didn't want to make permanent changes.. So I created my own solution.
I took 2 ad-a-fuse adapters and put them together. I only fused the top wire, so the original fuse would not be connected when the ad a fuse is inserted.
IMG_0555.JPG

I used an empty fuse slot to get my power, and plugged the ad a fuse back into the up-fitter fuse . Only the hot of the empty fuse, and lead to the switches are connected.

IMG_0556.JPG

I now have power to the switches without the key!

IMG_0557.JPG

I then added a light bar to the back of the headache rack, and ran it to a switch. I ran all the wires into the tubing of the bed so they are hidden and secure.

IMG_0558.JPGIMG_0563.JPGIMG_0562.JPG

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Those stake sides don't look at all how I thought they'd turn out. ;)

I know, right!?

I threw those on to haul a load of firewood.. and haven't taken them off yet.
I've got my real sides together.. but haven't finished welding them.. and still have to decide how to make the back section work. They are taking a long time.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
My spare has been thrown on the bed for the last 2 truck I've had a flatbed on because the flat bed gets in the way of the tire crank for the spare. This was not going to happen again. So after 4 months, I finally got around to fixing it. I had to remove the crank and spin it 90 degrees, then use a plate to make the bolts work.

IMG_0595.JPG
I had to torch a bit of the fame to get the right angle for the tools to reach the crank. It was tight, but worked without the torching, however I wanted it to be a little easier.
IMG_0596.JPG
And here it is, all mounted and out of the way.
IMG_0597.JPG

It took a couple hours to get it all done, but it was well worth the time!

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I ordered a couple sets of quick fists to hold my shovel and splitting maul. Only 1 set got mailed, so I am waiting for the other set to mount the maul. It will go just below the shovel, facing the other direction. The shovel and maul have always been a hard item for a truck as they don't typically get a good home. Having them permanently mounted will be very helpful.

IMG_0605.JPG

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
A few updates:
My second set of quick fists came.
IMG_0712.JPG

Got the sides of the bed done. I still need to do the back portion, but haven't quite decided how I want to attach it to the sides yet.
IMG_0724.JPG

It took 3 tries to find a light for the front of the truck, but I found the best fitting light available.
IMG_0831.JPG

Head lights - Brights- low beam with LED
IMG_0835.JPGIMG_0836.JPGIMG_0838.JPG

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I wanted a mounted compressor. There is plenty of room under the hood by the battery:
IMG_0828.JPG

I made this cute little bracket for one mount, and drilled through the battery box for the other.
IMG_0829.JPGIMG_0830.JPG

I painted the bracket, and bolted the compressor in.
IMG_0833.JPG

The mount is very sturdy, seems like it should hold. I got a longer coil hose that allows me to get all 4 tires from the compressor.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
For some reason, my brain thought that by strapping the motorcycles against the sides of the bed, they would be held in place by the force of the bikes. This theory is sound, unless the straps are ALSO attached to the bedside, creating an equal balance of pressures. The bed sides lift right out while strapping bikes down..

IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0857.JPG

I solved this with a bolt through the sides under the bed.

IMG_0862.JPG

The bed and sides did exactly as hoped. There are 6 dirt bikes, a ton of wood, tools, and gas cans on the bed, with room for additional items if needed. I haven't built the back bed side yet, but found my loading ramp makes a great tailgate.

IMG_0863.JPG