Jeeper's F350 'Bagheera'

pELYgroso

'Merica
I have about 3000 miles on my '19 6.2 and I'm loving it! I have zero complaints with it. I've towed a handful of times including back from Lava, ID with our 10k toy hauler and it did great. We recently towed our JKU on a flatbed down to St. George and back, and it had zero problems. If you get 2017+, I'd get the F250 for the tranny, IMO. It's designed and tuned specifically for the gas motor. The older 6.2's all have the same tranny as the diesel which is still great, but from what I've heard, the newer tranny (torqueshift-G, only in 2017+ F250's) is a better pair with the 6.2. I haven't driven one with the other tranny to compare. I'd also highly recommend the 4.30 gears if you can find one.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
If I get a 6.2, it’ll be an ‘11-16. I don’t know that I’ll ever warm up to the styling of the ‘17-19 Super Duty truck’s. I’m sure they are nice but just not for me at all. I believe we’ll be buying 4.30 gears or regearing

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
@jeeper still liking the 6.2L? Trying to decide between that in an F350 or an EcoBoost F150 for the next 3-4 years. (or do I try to "steal" a 6.7L that occasionally pops up? )

I am still very happy. I think the two trucks you mentioned are two completely different animals. If you are looking for a heavy duty truck to haul a lot of weight go for the F350. If you are looking for more of a daily driver that can occasionally haul your jeep I would go for the F150. There is no way I would ever drive my F350 for a daily.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I am still very happy. I think the two trucks you mentioned are two completely different animals. If you are looking for a heavy duty truck to haul a lot of weight go for the F350. If you are looking for more of a daily driver that can occasionally haul your jeep I would go for the F150. There is no way I would ever drive my F350 for a daily.

I may be going back to towing two rigs at a time. Trying to figure out how long I should have the next truck for. Cheap is good as I’ll be daily driving an old pile of GM from the muscle era or the truck on crappy weather days. I’ve had to much fun with the G8 and it’s gotten my blood going again for some other cars I’d like to own. You only have so many years here. I’m going to have some fun with what I drive

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’ve put some hours into the truck over the weekend and today. I pulled the flat bed off, installed a winch, replaced the rear shocks, and got my truck boxes added.
I still need to finish the wiring for the winch colroller and air compressor that will be in one of the boxes. I need to pick up some rubber grommets to keep the wires safe as they pass through the boxes.

65C91854-DD91-425C-B1BE-A3E4E3F25566.jpeg23736A8E-1375-48A7-A6A7-DFCCF151C0FD.jpeg3DB17E3B-12E4-49EC-A0EF-F5D240463535.jpegDE9D67A3-8546-4F7E-9F31-70B636CFBC3A.jpegED70A4BF-793B-45CD-9AFF-B51312E526AD.jpeg13FC9653-5174-4165-AE4A-D6602D7EDCB5.jpeg

Tonkaman

I’ve put some hours into the truck over the weekend and today. I pulled the flat bed off, installed a winch, replaced the rear shocks, and got my truck boxes added.
I still need to finish the wiring for the winch colroller and air compressor that will be in one of the boxes. I need to pick up some rubber grommets to keep the wires safe as they pass through the boxes.

View attachment 117176View attachment 117177View attachment 117178View attachment 117179View attachment 117180View attachment 117181
Nice!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I think I have got about 10 hours into this one stupid truck box. I really wanted to do things the right way, and that seems to take a bit longer.
I got the winch controller and air compressor wired up, and each is working well. I’ve just got the wires and plugs for the flat beds lights to get back together, and will be all done. I super excited to have this buttoned up. I’ve been hoping to have this done for years now.

314A0F47-62BC-4D03-9A79-EFF78FAC9C4E.jpeg014048CD-0EE9-425E-BDEB-C1DCDA3D5560.jpeg7AFC8163-ADBE-42FA-9DFB-056279E8C1F2.jpegF093FB8B-6BD6-4604-B70F-96CD28A115A9.jpeg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have to take the ARB fridge out of my truck when we go camping, as the dumb dog has to ride where the fridge goes. It's not an issue because the trailer has a large fridge. However, I don't like having to move the ARB in and out all the time. We had a trip to Escalante a few weeks ago, and went on some longer hikes in the heat. Even when we got back to the truck I didn't have cold drinks, and I was sad. The trailer was at camp, and we had a ways to drive. I vowed to not do that again. I bought a cover for my fridge, and mounted it on the bed of the truck.
I bought the fancy ARB plug kit... but it was quite disappointing. The first time I tried to pug it in, the thing fell apart!

IMG_8654.jpg
IMG_8653.jpg

I taped up the actual socket part, and still used it, but left the fancy cover off.

I was also pretty disappointed with the fridge cover. It has a large gap right at the lid opening. It seems to me that a little bit of effort could have been made to have a lid cover that came down over the top of the lower cover to create a better air leak protection, and a rain/dust deterrent for the lower portion

IMG_8656.jpg

The next thing that is bothersome, is that the lower portion has a lose fit along the fridge, which seems like it is going to be a catch all for water, dirt, leaves, bugs, ect and just hold them down in the bottom of the bag, almost making it worse than just being open. Again, a better lid cover could help prevent this.
It does have some velcro straps to help hold it closed, but they are sticky strips, and are not going to stay stuck to the fridge when in the hot sun.. so I didn't apply them.

IMG_8657.jpg

However, I have the fridge mounted and wired, and am SUPER glad to have it there.

IMG_8655.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have to take the ARB fridge out of my truck when we go camping, as the dumb dog has to ride where the fridge goes. It's not an issue because the trailer has a large fridge. However, I don't like having to move the ARB in and out all the time. We had a trip to Escalante a few weeks ago, and went on some longer hikes in the heat. Even when we got back to the truck I didn't have cold drinks, and I was sad. The trailer was at camp, and we had a ways to drive. I vowed to not do that again. I bought a cover for my fridge, and mounted it on the bed of the truck.
I bought the fancy ARB plug kit... but it was quite disappointing. The first time I tried to pug it in, the thing fell apart!

View attachment 130307
View attachment 130308

I taped up the actual socket part, and still used it, but left the fancy cover off.

I was also pretty disappointed with the fridge cover. It has a large gap right at the lid opening. It seems to me that a little bit of effort could have been made to have a lid cover that came down over the top of the lower cover to create a better air leak protection, and a rain/dust deterrent for the lower portion

View attachment 130309

The next thing that is bothersome, is that the lower portion has a lose fit along the fridge, which seems like it is going to be a catch all for water, dirt, leaves, bugs, ect and just hold them down in the bottom of the bag, almost making it worse than just being open. Again, a better lid cover could help prevent this.
It does have some velcro straps to help hold it closed, but they are sticky strips, and are not going to stay stuck to the fridge when in the hot sun.. so I didn't apply them.

View attachment 130310

However, I have the fridge mounted and wired, and am SUPER glad to have it there.

View attachment 130311

Interesting, your cover is completely different from mine. Also have purchased three of those install kits and never had a problem with any of them. Second one was in the back of the Taco can ask @Herzog if its still alive. Also have no complaints about my cover thats 8ish? years old? Maybe ARB has expo'd all their production to China?

DAA

That's completely different from my cover too. It came with the sticky velcro too though and it held up for seven or eight years. But it has let go now.

20200509_Camping-6.jpg

One of these days I'll put some new velcro on there, maybe.

Have installed a couple of those ARB plug kits, no issues, yet. But, I can see where one might want to come apart, they aren't super sturdy. I still really like them though, fridge never comes unplugged from one.

- DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I guess in my haste to complain, I forgot about the good things.
I actually bought the fridge install kit because I LOVED the insulated dual wire that comes in it. It is good quality and seems durable.
I have had the plug in my other fridge come out a few times, so I was also excited to use the screw on plug that came with the kit.

Reactions: DAA

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Also misread, i've never used the fancy cover for the plug. I put the socket in the bed, and through the interior panels on all three I've had

My cover looks like Dave's with fewer bullet holes :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: DAA