Jeeper's F350 'Bagheera'

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The day after I installed the fridge I went to winch a broken tractor onto a trailer for my brother, and of course used the fridge for the day. Parked the truck that night, and didn't use the truck again for about 6 days. Went to use the truck again and the battery was DEAD. Not even a dash light on. I thought I had tuned off the fridge.. but maybe not. Either way.. I thought it should not have drained the battery that dead.

I jumped the truck to use for the day.. and then triple checked that the fridge was off.

I didn't use the truck for about 5 days, but when I did, dead battery again! I was angry. Can the fridge really draw that much power when just plugged in, but not on??
I left the fridge unplugged and used the truck multiple time for the next few days.

Plugged the fridge in, and headed out to the desert for the weekend. Got to camp and parked the truck. About 6 hours later I needed to move the truck.. and it barely started. I didn't think it was going too, but I got lucky. WTF?
I am now somewhat depressed that the fridge draws so much power. I have used it many times before.. but just during the day I needed it, and never had it sitting for long.

Got home from the desert, kept the fridge unplugged. 2 days later the truck wouldn't start. Charged the battery again.. less than a day later, truck wouldn't start.

At this point it finally clicked. I had a dead (bad) battery. Stuck a new one in, and all has been well. The timing of the bad battery coincided so well with the fridge that it seemed to be the likely culprit. I am so glad it wasn't.

On our trip to the desert, my gas can tipped over and spilled about a gallon on the bed of the truck, and the sweet new fridge cover soaked it up like a sponge It took a couple washes to get the smell out. DOH.

I do love having it. I've got it cabled and locked to the bed.

IMG_8800.jpg

As anticipated, the velcro sticky didn't last long at all.

IMG_8801.jpg

And on the VERY rare occasion, and when all the stars align properly the truck gets a wash. You can't tell in the photo, but believe me it is shiny. A black truck is a horrible idea. It takes a LOT to make it look just not-dirty, making it look clean takes even more. But it was fun to drive it clean this evening.

IMG_8803.jpg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My understanding from everything I can find is that this truck does not have a serviceable fuel filter. I wanted to change it years ago and leaned it can’t be done.

So surprise surprise when this light popped up!

31A59658-576B-487D-B185-6F940C9C4763.jpeg

WTF?
Does it in fact want me to pull the fuel tank and fuel pump??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The truck has been getting a little bit of love today. I called these my ‘Chad hooks’. I kept ripping straps from rubbing on the edges of the flatbed and one day Chad said ‘why don’t you just weld some hooks on?’ What a genius idea!
B464ADCA-8CB1-48A0-8951-D5ADBC22B5B2.jpeg

I no longer carry an axe or a splitting maul with me, what should I stick with my shovel on my truck?

605F4962-B81E-4F3F-BB31-09F5209FDA90.jpeg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The truck has been getting a little bit of love today. I called these my ‘Chad hooks’. I kept ripping straps from rubbing on the edges of the flatbed and one day Chad said ‘why don’t you just weld some hooks on?’ What a genius idea!
View attachment 159058

I no longer carry an axe or a splitting maul with me, what should I stick with my shovel on my truck?

View attachment 159059
I mean... Welding stuff to your flat bed is one major reason to have a flatbed in the first place.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I had to register the truck yesterday. When I put the new sticker on, most of the older stickers were peeling off, so I removed them. The bottom sticker said 17. That blew my mind. I would never have thought that I was staring my 8th year with this truck 😳

Other than sucking my wallet dry from fuel costs, this has been a very good truck, and I am super glad to have it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I had to register the truck yesterday. When I put the new sticker on, most of the older stickers were peeling off, so I removed them. The bottom sticker said 17. That blew my mind. I would never have thought that I was staring my 8th year with this truck 😳

Other than sucking my wallet dry from fuel costs, this has been a very good truck, and I am super glad to have it.

Since I've sold the V10, I've had a lot of people lament that I sold the truck expressing your exact observation. Good trucks that will do the work you ask of them. Brutally reliable and capable in the gasser, just a little hit to the wallet when you really have to use it. Diesels get a little better fuel mpg but at a higher maint cost.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Since I've sold the V10, I've had a lot of people lament that I sold the truck expressing your exact observation. Good trucks that will do the work you ask of them. Brutally reliable and capable in the gasser, just a little hit to the wallet when you really have to use it. Diesels get a little better fuel mpg but at a higher maint cost.
I have this thought often. Due to one of my jobs I'm maxing out the V10 relatively often recently. It pulls great, just slow, especially on the hills... But it has just been so damn reliable the last few years. But that diesel itch still hits me every time I'm pulling up a hill and struggling to get to 60....

mbryson

Supporting Member
I have this thought often. Due to one of my jobs I'm maxing out the V10 relatively often recently. It pulls great, just slow, especially on the hills... But it has just been so damn reliable the last few years. But that diesel itch still hits me every time I'm pulling up a hill and struggling to get to 60....

Call me if you go to sell

(not sure how much bigger of an endorsement I can make than that :D )

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'll sell it to you if you do a full tune up and then let me buy it back.... I'm really dreading spark plugs.

I had those done. I think it was about $400 at LHM Ford in 13th South? That was 4ish years ago?

Assuming I go back to the tow rig, I'd probably throw down for a deezel as I'd likely be towing a 28-34' gooseneck enclosed. I think that's the gasser barrier (at least to me).

Getting back on topic of "Bagheera", a gasser (even if it's a new 7.3L gasser?) would totally struggle with any kind of a sail type trailer like a travel trailer or enclosed?