Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My office is looking for an Office Manager type person. We need someone that can handle conference room setups, shipping/receiving via FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc, assist with HR tasks, assist with IT tasks, assist with Accounting tasks, other general administrative duties. Problem solving skills, assist with office planning/moves/changes, etc. Great Basin Industrial is a growing Industrial Construction company with current revenue in the $100-130m and looking to aggressively grow over the next 5-10 years. Good opportunity for the right person that could grow with the company.

We'd need someone to be available from about 9am-4pm (somewhat flexible) and be working in office in Kaysville. Pay depends on experience and fit but could start at about $20+ per hour depending on qualifications. Bonus points (and $ per hour) if there is some accounting background (AP/AR, or similar)

Ideal candidate would be a stay at home mom that just sent all the kids to school and needs something to do during the mid-day or a responsible high school graduate. Open to other suggestions for "ideal candidate".

Shoot me a PM if you know someone interested. I'll have you send a resume and we can maybe chat on the phone before I have you come in to chat with the hiring manager.

Last edited:

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Looking for a new career? Union Pacific is hiring like crazy... it's not easy work, but pays well, offers good benefits and a pension. Plenty of positions up for hire in UT.

If you apply, put my name down as a reference... it helps to have a connection with a current employee. ;)
Oscar Meier is looking for a driver for the weiner mobile, so that looks like the perfect career path for me.

Asbjorn

I’m exploring a career change. My current career of 17 years is no longer fulfilling and I’m dying to do something more rewarding. My current position has me staring at a computer and pushing paper 90% of the time.

Looking for apprenticeships or other opportunities to get into an industrial or trade-type position. I’m mechanically inclined, enjoy working with my hands, and most of all, being productive.

I’m in my mid-30’s, physically able, and not scared to work. Open-minded and quick to learn.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I’m exploring a career change. My current career of 17 years is no longer fulfilling and I’m dying to do something more rewarding. My current position has me staring at a computer and pushing paper 90% of the time.

Looking for apprenticeships or other opportunities to get into an industrial or trade-type position. I’m mechanically inclined, enjoy working with my hands, and most of all, being productive.

I’m in my mid-30’s, physically able, and not scared to work. Open-minded and quick to learn.

If you're wanting to move to northern UT, we are always looking for various craftsman/craftswomen in our Plymouth, Utah fab shop. We build (mostly) steel tanks for water/petroleum/vacuum etc. Feel free to use my name (Marc Bryson) as a referral. Cool projects up there. We'd also have various on-site jobs around the west.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

If I were go at it again, I'd jump into being an electrician. It has good technical/mental challenges that I get from writing code and I'm just really fascinated with doing electrical work. Best of luck with your new venture!

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
If you're wanting to move to northern UT, we are always looking for various craftsman/craftswomen in our Plymouth, Utah fab shop. We build (mostly) steel tanks for water/petroleum/vacuum etc. Feel free to use my name (Marc Bryson) as a referral. Cool projects up there. We'd also have various on-site jobs around the west.

If I was willing to move I'd almost consider that...

mbryson

Supporting Member
If I was willing to move I'd almost consider that...

We'd love to make a connection with your employer to be able to get referrals for trained folks. I can get you recruiter info if that is something you could help iron out?

All of the work is pretty interesting (at least from my IT perspective). The tanks can vary in size and shape and purpose and material. Some are HUGE (up to 300' that obviously have to be assembled on site--tough to ship a 300' diameter tank on a highway or railway), others will fit on a flatbed or whatever. Lots of amazing fab tools up there as you'd imagine.

Best way to show you what we do is to go to mygbi.com and watch the video on the main page. Pretty interesting stuff. Some of the onsite stuff is rather remote (NV, ID, NM, UT, CA, WY etc) where I provide internet access through Starlink because there is NO infrastructure there.

Last edited:

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
We'd love to make a connection with your employer to be able to get referrals for trained folks. I can get you recruiter info if that is something you could help iron out?

All of the work is pretty interesting (at least from my IT perspective). The tanks can vary in size and shape and purpose and material. Some are HUGE (up to 300' that obviously have to be assembled on site--tough to ship a 300' diameter tank on a highway or railway), others will fit on a flatbed or whatever. Lots of amazing fab tools up there as you'd imagine.

Best way to show you what we do is to go to mygbi.com and watch the video on the main page. Pretty interesting stuff. Some of the onsite stuff is rather remote (NV, ID, NM, UT, CA, WY etc) where I provide internet access through Starlink because there is NO infrastructure there.
Absolutely! Only problem I forsee is most of our students have jobs before they graduate and I don't see many wanting to commute to Kaysville or Plymouth from Lehi... 😬

Same reason I'm not quitting and heading that way myself!

Asbjorn

If I were go at it again, I'd jump into being an electrician. It has good technical/mental challenges that I get from writing code and I'm just really fascinated with doing electrical work. Best of luck with your new venture!
Funny you mention that, I just had a buddy call me and shared a pretty promising electrical apprenticeship in an ideal location. Might be pursuing that ASAP. Thanks!

Asbjorn

Thanks Marc, we aren’t opposed to northern UT. I’ll look into the website and see what’s available!

1969honda

Supporting Member
Rocky Mountain Power/PacifiCorp seems to always have lineman, meter man and substation operator apprenticeships open across the state. Pay varies a little but it's usually $20+ an hour for apprentices and can easily go over $50/hr once you reach journeyman level.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Cruiser Outfitters is hiring.

I'll have some formal job postings in the coming days but figured I'd toss it on there.

We are looking for FT/PT shipping team members. We have a handful employees that started as PT while in high school (M-Fri 2-3pm to close, 6pm) and transitioned to full-time post-graduation. We a couple going on religious sabbatical trips late summer/fall and need to bring in more help.

We will also be hiring a FT shipping department manager. Would love to fill this role asap so you can spend a month working with the current manager. He's moving to Portland in August.

Let me know if you hear of anyone looking!