Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
If you’re okay with less money, or able to make it work, I would suggest looking at local government jobs. City or state jobs are very chill. I’ve been in a state college position for 5.5 of the last 6 years. I make significantly less than anybody in the private sector for my trade, but in my opinion, the benefits significantly outweigh the pay.

Not trying to brag, but here’s some of the things I get.

-14% employer funded donation of my salary into my 401k every pay check, regardless if I contribute or not.
-2 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick to start, accruing, 2 personal days every year
-Around 12 holidays paid off per year
-free UTA pass
-and my favorites, I’m home every single day at nearly the same time, I rarely need to work OT, if I do stay late one day, I leave early the next. OT is available at times, but I usually choose to not work it.
-also, many state employees work four 10’s
Being that we work at the same place, I agree. Sometimes it's really hard to look at my paycheck and feel like I'm getting what I need... But then I look back on all the PTO and Sick days I've taken the last couple years plus the plethora of holidays. I don't know if I'll ever be able to work a real job again.

Like some others have stated, I make up the pay difference with side gigs here and there. But unlike running a full time business, I can take extra work when I want/need to instead of all the time.

The_Lobbster

MTECH also has two new campuses in the works as well, one in Payson, and one in Heber that will create a few more openings either there, or based out of Lehi if we have people transfer. That will be a ways down the road, but we'll probably be hiring for a plumber, and possibly an electrician. I will post more info on those once I have more deets.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
MTECH also has two new campuses in the works as well, one in Payson, and one in Heber that will create a few more openings either there, or based out of Lehi if we have people transfer. That will be a ways down the road, but we'll probably be hiring for a plumber, and possibly an electrician. I will post more info on those once I have more deets.
Also hiring 3 more welders for that as well.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
A good friend of mine is looking for a new Project Management position. He's a forward thinker and gets after projects. He lives in Fruit Heights - I can send a link to his resume if anybody is hiring for something like that.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I'm currently looking for a new position. I've worked in IT and Knowledge Management for the last decade or so. I've also worked in Land use with the BLM and Tread lightly in the past. I live in Ephraim, so I'm mostly looking for remote work as it's mostly farm land down here. If anyone has any leads for something along those lines with your company, I'd love to send you my CV. Thanks in advance!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
A good friend of mine is looking for a new Project Management position. He's a forward thinker and gets after projects. He lives in Fruit Heights - I can send a link to his resume if anybody is hiring for something like that.

What kind of Project Manager? I'm not sure if we're looking but we usually have some construction PM stuff open? https://mygbi.com/contact-employment

I'm currently looking for a new position. I've worked in IT and Knowledge Management for the last decade or so. I've also worked in Land use with the BLM and Tread lightly in the past. I live in Ephraim, so I'm mostly looking for remote work as it's mostly farm land down here. If anyone has any leads for something along those lines with your company, I'd love to send you my CV. Thanks in advance!

This came into my mailbox yesterday.....

JD || M&A Infra Project Manager || Remote​

profile_mask2.png

Kanika Jain <kanika_jain@maxeleven.com> Unsubscribe​

Tue, Jan 2, 12:27 PM (23 hours ago)

to me

Hi Marc,

Greetings..!!
Hope you are doing great today!!
Please review the job description if you find yourself comfortable with the description please share with me your updated resume along with the best rate what you are looking for.

Role: M&A Infra Project Manager
Duration: 9-12 months
Visa: USC,GC and all visa

They must have M&A experience

Project
: Migrating 19 new centers into the SE fold over the next year
Details: Infrastructure heavy in the initial phases – networking, emails, servers, telephony, equipment, etc , with transitions to ERP/financial systems.

Top Skills
  • MUST HAVE experience with mergers and acquisitions
  • Experience contributing to the structure and governance within a PMO/infrastructure division.
  • Must have experience with IT specific projects- SDLC & Infrastructure experience.
  • 8+ years background in IT project management, can speak to C-Suite, work with outside vendors
  • Will work within waterfall and iterative projects
  • Create and maintain project plans, schedules, and budgets, closely monitoring progress
--------
Thanks & Regards
Kanika Jain - Technical Recruiter

Ph : +1(609)875-4638
Email : kanika.jain@maxeleven.com | w: www.maxeleven.com |
Max Eleven LLC
116 Village Blvd. Suite 200, Princeton, NJ 08540
E verify | SBE Set-Aside Program & MBE Certified

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
anyone's company hiring software engineers for remote?
The place I work for might be looking for a java dev but we are also actively moving toward typescript for backend services. We are full-remote. My team is down 1 engineer but I haven't seen the listing yet, I can send it your way if it pops up.

Wulf

no brain just damage
The place I work for might be looking for a java dev but we are also actively moving toward typescript for backend services. We are full-remote. My team is down 1 engineer but I haven't seen the listing yet, I can send it your way if it pops up.
sure, that sounds like something I'd be interested in. I'd love to chat more if/when it comes up.

rholbrook

Wasatch Trailers Sales in Layton is looking for a receptionist that can greet customers, file, prepare title and registrations and finish deals. This is a fast paced job and the applicate must be able to multi-task and attention to detail is a must. Let me know if you know someone looking.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Union Pacific RR will be hiring for my exact job in Evanston WY (but you can work out of Ogden UT or the immediate area), you'd actually be on my team with 7 other mechanics across WY and CO. (There will be another job out of Denver, if anyone cares).

The job title is 'Road Machinist' which means you don't work out of a shop, but out of your own F550 work truck along the railroad track, equipped with tools, a welder, a crane, etc, etc. You do need a CDL for this position!

The work is maintaining & repairing the heavy equipment that works on the RR track. If you have training & experience with heavy equipment, working on hydraulics, engines, electrical and welding then you're a prime candidate! (I did NOT have any training on heavy equipment, but had ran equipment and I got the job.)

My work breaks down to about 30% driving, 30% office work and 30% actually wrenching... and about 10% f**king off. I end up doing a LOT of driving, I have an assigned territory of about 150 miles and often cover much of it in a day. (In January I drove 4000 miles for work, for example). It's actually a pretty interesting and challenging job, working for a company thats been around for over 150 years and was planned by Abraham Lincoln. Lots of history with Union Pacific and the railroad really is the backbone of the USA.

It's a Union job working Monday - Fri, but you're on call on Saturdays. (I might work one or two weekends per year). You'll get great pay, excellent benefits and an unbeatable retirement. It's a salary position, about $120k/yr.

Keep an eye out here - https://up.jobs/

If you apply, you can use me as a reference.... but let me know, so I can tell my boss to hire you!!!

1000009905.jpg

1000010125.jpg
1000010126.jpg

The_Lobbster

Union Pacific RR will be hiring for my exact job in Evanston WY (but you can work out of Ogden UT or the immediate area), you'd actually be on my team with 7 other mechanics across WY and CO. (There will be another job out of Denver, if anyone cares).

The job title is 'Road Machinist' which means you don't work out of a shop, but out of your own F550 work truck equipped with tools, a welder, a crane, etc, etc. The work is maintaining & repairing the heavy equipment that works on the RR track. If you have training & experience with heavy equipment, working on hydraulics, engines, electrical and welding then you're a prime candidate! (I did NOT have any training on heavy equipment, but had ran equipment and I got the job.)

My work breaks down to about 30% driving, 30% office work and 30% actually wrenching... and about 10% f**king off. I end up doing a LOT of driving, I have an assigned territory of about 150 miles and often cover much of it in a day. (In January I drove 4000 miles for work, for example). It's actually a pretty interesting and challenging job, working for a company thats been around for over 150 years and was planned by Abraham Lincoln. Lots of history with Union Pacific and the railroad really is the backbone of the USA.

It's a Union job working Monday - Fri, but you're on call on Saturdays. (I might work one or two weekends per year). You'll get great pay, excellent benefits and an unbeatable retirement. It's a salary position, about $120k/yr.

Keep an eye out here - https://up.jobs/

If you apply, you can use me as a reference.... but let me know, so I can tell my boss to hire you!!!

View attachment 170891

View attachment 170892
View attachment 170893
Dang…..the temptation to apply is real.

Are you home just about every night? Or is there quite a bit of overnight stays out of town?

Greg

Admin
Dang…..the temptation to apply is real.

Are you home just about every night? Or is there quite a bit of overnight stays out of town?

Usually home every night, I stay out of town once in awhile, on the company's dime. I might be out of town 5-6 times a year at the most, usually for 2-3 days at a time.

If I travel, it's usually to the adjacent mechanics territory to assist or cover if he's on vacation.

Who ever gets this job will work from Ogden, headed East along I80. The next mechanics territory is out of Green River, WY so if you travel, it would be that direction.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Usually home every night, I stay out of town once in awhile, on the company's dime. I might be out of town 5-6 times a year at the most, usually for 2-3 days at a time.

If I travel, it's usually to the adjacent mechanics territory to assist or cover if he's on vacation.

Who ever gets this job will work from Ogden, headed East along I80. The next mechanics territory is out of Green River, WY so if you travel, it would be that direction.
Actually sounds really interesting but I have no desire to move to/near Evanston or Ogden right now.

Tebbsjeep

How much of a stickler are they on relevant work experience?

Do they just toss you into the fire, or do you go through a training period?

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
How much of a stickler are they on relevant work experience?

Do they just toss you into the fire, or do you go through a training period?

Some kind of related experience will be needed to get the job, you mostly work on your own so you need to know the basics about wrenching, diagnosing electrical issues, performance maintenance and stick welding when things break.

If you've ran heavy equipment, that experience helps.

The company does offer training, but it's somewhat minimal. I've been to welding school, hydraulic class, A/C training, etc. Much of it is on the job experience though, I've done work I had never done before and had to figure it out. I'm still learning how to do my job. 😄

My coworkers have mostly been auto mechanics, one guy ran his own shop, another attended WyoTech for Semi repair, we have Airplane mechanics, etc.

The_Lobbster

Some kind of related experience will be needed to get the job, you mostly work on your own so you need to know the basics about wrenching, diagnosing electrical issues, performance maintenance and stick welding when things break.

If you've ran heavy equipment, that experience helps.

The company does offer training, but it's somewhat minimal. I've been to welding school, hydraulic class, A/C training, etc. Much of it is on the job experience though, I've done work I had never done before and had to figure it out. I'm still learning how to do my job. 😄

My coworkers have mostly been auto mechanics, one guy ran his own shop, another attended WyoTech for Semi repair, we have Airplane mechanics, etc.
Has this been posted? I see a mechanic posting out of SLC, haven’t seen a machinist posting.