KTM 300 Database

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I ran a Turbine Core II in the desert mainly and would put a Q-Stealth on for Idaho City. Q-Stealth is quite a bit quieter, but I think it also made the bike run a little fatter.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
2015 Husqvarna TE300 at 172 main and 35 idle. NBR H Needle at 3 from the top and idle speed screw 1.75 turns out and idle air screw 2 turns out. My idle seems ok but maybe a bit low, but I'm coming off 4 stroke land.

Fmf stock pipe and fmf turbine core 2 silencer.

I see what jetting you all are running but what premix ratio?
My book recommends a 172 main and 35 idle but at a 60:1 ratio.
Wouldn't a 50:1 be leaner? (More oil therefore less gas).

Would you all be willing to update your post with what premix ratio you're running please?

Last edited:

ricsrx

After getting back from five mile pass on Wednesday, my idle rpms are surging high and low, when i try to lower the rpms for my idle, the bike will die when the rpm surges go low.

does anyone know what will cause my idle to surge like that

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
After getting back from five mile pass on Wednesday, my idle rpms are surging high and low, when i try to lower the rpms for my idle, the bike will die when the rpm surges go low.

does anyone know what will cause my idle to surge like that

Bikes that are doing the "ring a ding ding" are usually suffering from a lean condition. Does it have a high rev when you first start it?

ricsrx

when you first start it up it idles normal, the warmer the bike gets the worst the surging gets.

we are going to clean the carb today, its crazy, i have never seen any thing like it.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It is a lean condition that is showing up when your bike is at basically a closed throttle when the bike is warm. You can commonly see this in bikes that are jetted properly when they are being worked hard. If you were not working the bike hard then something has changed. It could be caused by jetting or you could possibly have an air leak somewhere.

rholbrook

With a lean pilot you also get a hanging fast idle. One thing to check while you have it apart is the needle seat. Make sure there is not a ring in it. The one I am talking about is the one on the float needle. I have had those cause similar issues.

ricsrx

after cleaning the carb the problem was resolved, plugged idle circuit i guess..

thanks for all the feed back, it lead us in the right direction!
btw the cheapo plastic idle adjustment screw broke..

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've been running ATF+4 in my kids bikes for a couple years and have had not issues. On my 300 I started with Rotella 15w40 conventional but the last change I switched to ATF.