Lighten the mood

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Brutal. I'm afraid to look for the "Toyota guys be like" video...
Seriously. There are insufferable people in every enthusiast group; most of his jokes can be applied to off road/overlandy types in general. But the duck thing can not be defended. I got one on my jeep so far, and if I had seen who done it we would have been in a fist fight.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Just when you think you’ve seen it all someone goes and names their kid justice and spells it just’us.View attachment 173589
Many years ago I worked in a call canter for student loan repayment and I called a woman named La-a Brown. Now, we had a fair number of Polynesian borrowers with lots of hyphens and apostrophes in them, so I did my best and asked for "La 'Ay Brown". She very quickly and rudely corrected me and said, "It's LaDASHa. The DASH ain't silent!"

I may have gotten in trouble for laughing.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Many years ago I worked in a call canter for student loan repayment and I called a woman named La-a Brown. Now, we had a fair number of Polynesian borrowers with lots of hyphens and apostrophes in them, so I did my best and asked for "La 'Ay Brown". She very quickly and rudely corrected me and said, "It's LaDASHa. The DASH ain't silent!"

LaHYPHENa Brown.

RockChucker

My sister went to school with an Abcde. Pronounced Ab-sid-ee. Apparently a substitute was calling roll, reached that girl’s name and didn’t know what to say so said, “Uh, alphabet (last name)”

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
111666-03a9e9e30aca7f89bdd517330493606e.jpg