linking the truggy, finally!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I didnt do a very good job of updating my build. I was pretty pressed for time trying to get the rig finished for our rubicon trip.

I thought that I would post up a few pics of the suspension all finished.

Attachments

• DSCF0005link.jpg
    DSCF0005link.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0007links.jpg
    DSCF0007links.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF0008link.jpg
    DSCF0008link.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0009link.jpg
    DSCF0009link.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 27

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I finished everything up the night that we left for the rubicon. I was a little nervous, I like to do some testing before taking it out on a trip like that. the suspension worked awesome! there was no dipping or diving when braking, nothing weird! it has incredible travel, & is still very stable (for a big truck).
evedently it doesnt float a tire untill you tip it over, haha.
I have some minor adjustments to make, limit straps & bump stops, everything else is real close to where I want it.
heres a funny clip of me in the sluce tipping it.

[YOUTUBE]Zs259FZ7rQQ[/YOUTUBE]

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I sure was having fun in there!!!
I know it doesnt look like it but I was trying not to break anything. since I had already replaced 2 stubs & 2 hubs.

time for some 35 spline alloys!!

zukijames

did you get the results you were hoping for out of linking the front josh said it worked awesome! and it looks like it did! rightting it(not sure about spelling or ussage of that word) was freaking awesome. You need to start a driving school and teach me and josh to drive like that!

Bart

Looks like you had fun on the Rubi. I guess Art didn't go the week before because of snow. The suspension looks like it's working well.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Looks like you had fun on the Rubi. I guess Art didn't go the week before because of snow. The suspension looks like it's working well.

I guess art called the ranger station or something ??
I think he would have been just fine, there wasnt much snow when we went through. just a few patches here & there.
yeah, we had a blast, I wish you could have come with. thats a great trail, it was fun to do something a little different.
I was pleased with the suspension, it seemed to work great! It sounds like PSC is sending me a new pump :rolleyes: I guess wel see how this one works out?
the toy pump worked fine, its just lacking some volume.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
last night I finished building my lower axle mounts & picked up my links.
when I was threading my joints into my links, I realized that I had 3 right hand thread & 1 left, lame!!
I got all my brackets & Link mounts tacked on & my links hung. oooh yeah!! Its starting to take shape.
Its ready for me to cycle the suspension so that I can see If I screwed it up or not, jk.
heres a couple more pics

I recently decided to make some adjustments, on the rear suspension.
In the beginning I wanted to mount the lower links on top of the axle tube, instead of at the center line. But I had some clearance issues.
I ended up with a little steeper lower link angles than what I wanted.
So to remedy the lower link angles, I opted to raise the axle mnt & lower the mnt at the cross-member (under the t-case)

The result was a much better, (flatter) lower link angle, (better antisquat)
with more link clearance.
the trade off is, there is more presure on my joints & mounts.
but since I had planned on going this route in the beginning, I built everything pretty beefy! with big joints, so it should be fine.

after the change, Ive gone out on costrictor, moab, billings canyon.
after some abuse, everything seems to work very well!
The flatter links definitely have better antisquat characteristics. (axle stays under the truck better)
Il try to thro some more pics up for all to see.