LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

LT.

As you can see some of the boxes were damaged upon delivery. I am missing a few parts like one left hand thread tubing adaptor for the 1X1 1/4" joint, and three bolts and two nuts. Other than those parts and a few mis-alignment spacers everything is ready to go.

LT.

LT.

I am going to say that they fell out of the box. The box was really beat up and there was some huge tears in the bags. Due, at least I am going to guess, to the heavy parts and sharp edges of all the brackets. Also the miss treatment of the boxes them selves. At least that is what I think. Having spoke to Jason at Blue Torch a few times on the phone and email him a few more times he seems like a very honest and trustworthy fella. I have no doubt about it. The parts are top notch! Beautiful, perfect, and are fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle. So far I am very happy with the fit and finish of all the products. The bat wings for the lower link arms are set up so that they self jig themselves together as well as the lower shock mounts for the rear axle. The front axle gets a different set up for the lower shock mounts because of the diff being off set.

LT.

LT.

I got a reply from Blue Torch and they sent out the missing pieces today. I just sent them an email early Sunday morning and they have already sent out the missing items. Amazing! That is customer service!

LT.

LT.

cool!

When does the labor start? You only have a couple months before Moab!!!!!

Things are on hold for now. I am waiting to see what happens with the layoffs. I really don't see making it to Moab this October either. Things are just falling apart here at home. I need to keep my self here at work so that I can get as many things paid off as possible.

LT.

sixb

Will work for beer!
Things are on hold for now. I am waiting to see what happens with the layoffs. I really don't see making it to Moab this October either. Things are just falling apart here at home. I need to keep my self here at work so that I can get as many things paid off as possible.

LT.

Sounds like you have a good plan for fixing it, good luck.

LT.

I ordered the transfer case doubler today. I also ordered a new rear yoke, 1350, 32 spline outputs front and rear, triple sticks, and rebuild kits. Everything I need for the complete doubler set up. All from Off Road Design. These folks are great to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is working with a solid axle Dodge or Chevy, or anyone that needs a doubler for that matter.

LT.

LT.

Most of the doubler parts showed up yesterday. The gaskets, input shaft, output shaft, bearings, shifters, and new shift rails. The only thing missing is the actual doubler bracket. I took them up to the shop today and asked my Bro how much time he thought it would take to get everything back together. He told me a couple of months. I told him he was on and that I was wanting it together for the second weekend of October hoping to make it back to Moab then. We will see if it happens by then or not.

LT.

LT.

I just ordered all the other tubing that I should need to finish the build off. I ordered 20' of 2 1/4" X 3/8 wall DOM for the lowers, 20' of 1 3/4" X 1/4" wall for the lowers, 10' of 1 3/4" X 1/4" wall, and 40' of 1 3/4" X 1/8" wall for all the bracing and support for the shock towers. The bracing will match what BTF has already sent me for the shock towers. All total about $800.00 worth of steel and it should be in by this Friday. YEAH!!!

LT.

LT.

I picked up the metal yesterday and I got the new wheels and tires ordered the other day as well. The company I ordered the wheels and tires from must have thought I was trying to commit some kind of fraud. I ordered them over the internet. My last name is different than the card holders last name and I had them shipped to the shop which is also not in my name. I think I have everything straightened out so I am going to expect them to arrive some time after next week.

LT.

LT.

The last couple of days have been painful for me. I have made the startling discovery of two things. First, I have no business working on anything that has to do with gears. The transfer cases kicked my butt for two days solid. If it had not been for my bro I would not have them assembled yet. Second, I think that I have just become a Visa card wheeler. Next time I will just buy the DARNED BLASTED things already assembled! I really did not pay too much attention while I was taking them apart. Then I went to put them back together a week later. What a mistake! Never again.

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I sometimes wish I could go the way of the visa wheeler. Just take my junk to a shop and say this is what I want done and pick it up a few weeks later.

Thats no fun tho. I do get a lot of enjoyment out of something that I built works good. It doesnt happen everytime but once in awhile.

There is nothing wrong with that type of person......I think they just must have A LOT more money than I do. If I was to add up all the hours weve spent working on the Scout and times that by a VERY modest 50 bucks an hour.........I bet the Scout would be worth 300 grand easy!

Like Mitch said....hang in there. I think you even said the same thing to me when I was discouraged with the Rockwells. It will get done sooner than later if you keep pluggin