LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

LT.

I think you even said the same thing to me when I was discouraged with the Rockwells. It will get done sooner than later if you keep pluggin

I know, I know, it is just easier said than done. I mean what a pain in the backside. I took both the 205 and the 203 apart on the same day. Then I found out that I really needed to get rebuild kits for both as the bearings were all shot. Something I was hoping to avoid. A week later and it was time to put them back together. Only thing was I did not know what pieces went with which cases. As the week went on all the parts ended up thrown together. What a mess! Next time I get this wild hair in my backside I will take it somewhere else. The dual cases was just too much for me.

LT.

LT.

Time for another update. The new tires and wheels showed up while I was gone. I now have all five tires mounted up on five Spyder lock bead locks and now I am ready for the suspension work to begin, darn it. I guess I am out of other things to do. I did not take any pictures for two reasons. First, everyone knows what they look like and second, because the wife still had the camera.

LT.

LT.

I did not bring my phone with me because I have no service there. But, here are a few pictures to hold you over. First are pictures of the T-cases, loosely assembled.

LT.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

LT.

Here are a few pictures of the new tires and wheels. Bling, bling, they are really too pretty for the Beater.

LT.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6

LT.

Here are a few of the motors that I am going to build. I have built a few and each one has been a little more than the last.

LT.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0540.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 11

LT.

Here is a little teaser for Cheston. This is the Scout that I have been working on for a little bit. Powered by a Chevy 454 including the factory Chevy fuel injection, TH-350 tranny and a Scout Dana 300 T-case.

LT.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 10

LT.

I bought the Rockers after talking to Cheston Beck, Corey Casper, and Canyoncrawler (Chad.) I was eyeballing the Maxxis Creepy Cawlers but after looking at the price tag ($700.00 a piece) and still kind of leaning towards the 42" tires instead of the 40" tires. I was also watching a few videos on Planet 4x4 that showed the Maxxis tires working the same lines as the Pitbulls. The Pitbulls seemed to work in the wet weather a little bit easier. I won't get a chace to run them until Easter Jeep Safari 2010.

LT.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
:eek: Thank you!! I feel better now after those pictures and a little time by myself.... if you know what I mean!! ;)

Get your mind out of the gutter you sickos!!! This is a G rated site... Not Pirate!!! There are Women and Children here!! I meant that I had to go out and look at my truck a little and dream about how good that 203/205 would fit under there!! :D
Those parts look good brother!! But I have to ask... why did you get another motor? Was the first one not up to par after all? If you want me to get that body work done for you.. I am still the low bidder!;) and let me refresh your memory on the design:
Modified beater.jpg
This body design, combined with the new killer parts that you have will make for a sweet Fourwheeler Magazine Cover Beater!!!! Or maybe TTC???
Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!!!
Later brother!
Matt

LT.

I bought the second motor because it was a good deal and it gave me an excuse to get out of the house for a little road trip. Thardy had the motor up for sale and I ended up paying $300.00 for it. The motor came out of a 1977 Dodge Ramcharger so the oil pan, pickup, and pump are situated the correct way. I have wanted to build another stroker motor and thought this would be a chance to do it. The first motor I will build will be the one out of the motor home. I was told it only had 70,000 miles on it. I will keep it fairly mild and only push about 500 to 550 hp out of it. The second one will end up being the stroker motor that will displace no less than 500 ci. It will be easier to get 650 or 700 hp out of it than the smaller 446 ci motor. This is, of course, based off the assumption that money will be available for both builds. The last motor took me almost 5 years and $10,000 to finish and I still don't have a home for it yet. Who knew that a 434 Chevy small block pushing 600 hp would take so long?

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Here is a little teaser for Cheston. This is the Scout that I have been working on for a little bit. Powered by a Chevy 454 including the factory Chevy fuel injection, TH-350 tranny and a Scout Dana 300 T-case.

LT.

I was excited til I got the the Chevy part :rofl:

Just kidding. It looks sweet!

LT.

This body design, combined with the new killer parts that you have will make for a sweet Fourwheeler Magazine Cover Beater!!!! Or maybe TTC???
Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!!!
Later brother!
Matt

I am not really wanting to tear up my rig at TTC. I have seen a few rigs after TTC that really needed a complete rebuild. No always but, often enough to keep me out. I have only wheeled this thing 5 or 6 times total. Before I started this build I had only done mud racing. And that was done with the majority of bolt on parts, except for motors.;) The last truck was a huge Chevy that started out life as a 1982 half ton, Diesel, long bed. I punched and stroked the 396 ci motor (that started out life in a corvette) out to 472 and ran a 300 hp shot of nitrous on it. I dynoed the motor at 857 hp at the flywheel on laughing gas. It was an insane truck that really only had one purpose. With this truck I wanted to start out with a platform that was affordable, different, and easy to work on. Something I could learn from and hopefully end up with a rig that could do a little bit of everything.

LT.

LT.

I was excited til I got the the Chevy part :rofl:

Just kidding. It looks sweet!

It will be. We have been working on that thing for the last 7 years. My bro started on it before his last divorce. Then it sat in storage for a few years. He re-married, had a kid, and another one is on the way, and now it may actually get done if he quits buying other projects. His last project is a Toyota motor home. We are working on turning it into a four wheel drive sitting on a 3/4 ton Dana 44 front, Sterling dually rear, powered by a 350 chevy, and a 4L80E. Why, because these are the parts we have laying around.

LT.

Bart

You, sir, with all due respect, are a mad man. Can't wait to see the Ram back up and running and looking forward to the motor selection you've got. And a Scout too? Geez man, where do you find the time?

LT.

You, sir, with all due respect, are a mad man. Can't wait to see the Ram back up and running and looking forward to the motor selection you've got. And a Scout too? Geez man, where do you find the time?

The motor will not be in the Beater before EJS.:( The Scout is just another project we have been working on for a while. My bro does things a little different than I do. He wants the Scout to be more like an expedition type rig where I am content to have my rig set up for a drive to and from the trail and wheel it.

Time is a little harder to come by. I have found that either you have the time to work on something and don't have the money to purchase anything new or, you have the money to make the purchases but no time to work on it. I just finished working nine weeks straight without a day off. That is how I was able to buy the parts I wanted. Now I am taking some time off so I can work on it.

Oh, and I can only hope to be able to keep up with you. You are truly a Rock God amongst mere mortals.

LT.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
.... His last project is a Toyota motor home. We are working on turning it into a four wheel drive sitting on a 3/4 ton Dana 44 front, Sterling dually rear, powered by a 350 chevy, and a 4L80E. Why, because these are the parts we have laying around.

LT.

I would LOVE to see more of this, had a similar idea myself, though a bit different.