LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

kawzx10

I am staying at pack creek campground to and I just bought a 77 rc. I have been watching your build and alot of the stuff you have done to your rig is what I would like to do to mine. If you do get it down to ejs I would really apreciate it if I could come check it out in person and maybe get some ideas.

LT.

I am staying at pack creek campground to and I just bought a 77 rc. I have been watching your build and alot of the stuff you have done to your rig is what I would like to do to mine. If you do get it down to ejs I would really apreciate it if I could come check it out in person and maybe get some ideas.

You got it. I will look for ya'. We are staying there from the 1st through the 11th I think.

LT.

I like it,.. gotta love those older Dodge trucks. I used to have a 1975 Plymouth Trail Duster 4x4....
kick_ass.gif

LT.

You won't be able to miss us. There will be a HUGE Scout, MONSTER Durango, OVER GROWN Dodge pick-up truck. Along with our assorted family members and kids running around. I look forward to seeing you there.

LT.

LT.

Front suspension 2 LT. 0. This is the story of my life lately. First thing tomorrow morning I have to call Blue Torch Fabworks again and order different parts. I have tried every which way with what I have and it is just not going to work. Darn it. The front suspension will now be a parallel four link with a panhard, or track bar. It is starting to look like I may not make it this year. I am finding it hard to believe that the front suspension is so difficult. The rear almost put itself together. Why am I having so many problems with this sucker?!

LT.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Front suspension 2 LT. 0. This is the story of my life lately. First thing tomorrow morning I have to call Blue Torch Fabworks again and order different parts. I have tried every which way with what I have and it is just not going to work. Darn it. The front suspension will now be a parallel four link with a panhard, or track bar. It is starting to look like I may not make it this year. I am finding it hard to believe that the front suspension is so difficult. The rear almost put itself together. Why am I having so many problems with this sucker?!

LT.
make it man.

ya can't buy a link setup out of the box for a old dodge. or box's. lol

Bart

Fronts are always harder, even if you can squeeze a 4 link in there. Lot's of engine and other parts to clear.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Nothing wrong with parallels and a panhard tho.....

Just make sure you make the panhard as long as possible and have it be as close to the same angle of your steering as possible.

AND GET TO WORK YA BUM!!!!

LT.

Hopefully the last hurdle to get over will be the panhard bar. I don't know if I can make it work or not. The problem is that my front axle is a passanger side drop. To make matters worse it is a Dodge front 60 instead of a Chevy 60. Yep, there is a difference in the housings. My short side tube is about 3" long. I am running out of room to have a panhard bar. If worse comes to worse I guess I can still use a panhard bar it will just be mounted backwards and I will use full hydraulic steering. I am also starting to run out of money for all the parts I still need to purchase. We will have to wait and see.

LT.

LT.

Put some leafs back on the front and go have fun this spring then regroup your thoughts and funds for the front this Summer.

That would be a great idea except, I already removed the leaf spring pieces and gave them to my brother for his Ramcharger. His had been damaged during a recovery. I just need to get this thing to work, somehow.

LT.

LT.

Let's see, I have now placed an order with Summit Racing for exhaust pieces and another order with Quadratech for the bump stops for the shocks. I placed another order with Blue Torch Fabworks for some more pieces so I can change my front suspension over to a basic five link. Four link with a panhard bar. I hope this solves my problems.

LT.

LT.

You know it really does not seem like it was that long ago and I had posted up some pictures showing the vandalism that was done to two of my vehicles. Well, again early this morning they struck again. This time they spray painted the drivers front wheel on the black Hemi bright electric blue. My wife said that Harley, the Rottweiler, was going crazy at 0100 hours this morning and she did not know why. A police report and a claim have been made and I hope to have this fixed sometime this week. I will post up the pictures when I get home.

LT.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Dang brother...... that stinks!!! I am sorry to hear about that and I hope the LAPD can get their proverbial fecal matter together and catch these guys!!!!-_- It is really low to vandalize such a nice vehicle like Tiff's truck. They didn't get anything else did they???
Give me a call here sometime so we can catch up!
- Matt

LT.

Dang brother...... that stinks!!! I am sorry to hear about that and I hope the LAPD can get their proverbial fecal matter together and catch these guys!!!!-_- It is really low to vandalize such a nice vehicle like Tiff's truck. They didn't get anything else did they???
Give me a call here sometime so we can catch up!
- Matt

No, nothing was taken. But, replacing a factory Dodge 20" wheel is not cheap. Those suckers are about $400 to $500 a piece. Cast aluminum does not clean up well when it is painted on. We could almost buy a whole set of wheels for the price of the one. It just sucks. I really don't know what to do about it either. I am going to start looking at new houses and see if we can purchase one with a big enough garage so we can keep the vehicles in it. It would be nice to find a garage big enough to keep all the truck inside but, I don't see that happening.

LT.