LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
the only resion why they do it is cus you have something they can never have.

sorry about it tho man, that is a very nice truck.

just the next time you heir that dog barking run out with the shot gun loaded with beanbag's and let em have it!

LT.

the only resion why they do it is cus you have something they can never have.

sorry about it tho man, that is a very nice truck.

just the next time you heir that dog barking run out with the shot gun loaded with beanbag's and let em have it!

If I go outside I hope they run for their lives. I don't have bean bags. Just some old bird shot. That should slow them down.

LT.

LT.

Here are the pictures.

LT.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17

sixb

Will work for beer!
I did not bring my phone with me because I have no service there. But, here are a few pictures to hold you over. First are pictures of the T-cases, loosely assembled.

LT.

LT did you modify the shift rail for front diggs? Also how do you like the shifters, they look like they will work good:D

Last edited:

LT.

LT did you modify the shift rail for front diggs? Also how do you like the shifters, they look like they will work good:D

No, I didn't think I had the time to get the shift rails. Now looking back I should have. I am not too sure I am going to keep the 205 that I have. The case has been repaired in two places and I would really like to have a new case. Maybe even one with the lo-max gears installed. Shifters are kind of cool. I did find some old school pistol grip shifters that I would like to install instead of the ones that I have. I really don't know what I want yet because I have yet to use what I have now.

LT.

Last edited:

LT.

The front suspension on the Beater is done as well as I know how to do it. I am a little limited on the travel due to the links being as short as they are. The upper links are limited by the body mounts on the truck. Since the uppers are only so long the lowers had to match them. Sucks but, what do you do? I am only able to get 13 inches of travel at the shock with the current set up. I can't move the front axle any more forward and still make the steering work so this is as good as it gets, for now anyways.;) I will take some pictures next time I get the chance.

LT.

sixb

Will work for beer!
No, I didn't think I had the time to get the shift rails. Now looking back I should have. I am not too sure I am going to keep the 205 that I have. The case has been repaired in two places and I would really like to have a new case. Maybe even one with the lo-max gears installed. Shifters are kind of cool. I did find some old school pistol grip shifters that I would like to install instead of the ones that I have. I really don't know what I want yet because I have yet to use what I have now.

LT.

You don't need to replace them.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572617

LT.

Take your insurance money and have them powdercoated SHINNEY black.

Insurance gave me a check for $85.00 for the damage. They told me that it could be cleaned for $185.00 and since my deductable is $100.00 that is all they would give me. Good news is that a small bottle of Goof Off and some rags and the wheel is as good as new. Only cost me a few dollars and some time.

LT.

LT.

Okay, another update. We were able to get the drivers front tire 54" off of the ground and still had the other three touching. It does have room for more about 3 inches or so. This, if my math and figures is correct, will max out a 20 degree ramp and will be close to maxing out a 30 degree ramp. We figured that it will just max out a 27" ramp. We still had a little bit still to go but, were so happy with what we did get we really did not want to push our luck. No pictures because my wife had the camera. Nothing much to look at anyways because we pulled the front clip off to get to the front suspension easier.

LT.

Bart

Sounds like it's coming along. Will it make it to Moab? Remember that however much it flexes in the shop, it will do more on the trail. Sounds like you're getting it dialed right in.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
:eek: That is some pretty sweet sounding travel! A very large increase over the leaves!!!! I remember riding Moab Rim with you and you kept complaining about the travel and it really was pretty limited.... Now on the other hand....
You have more travel than I do!!!! So no more complaining Sir!!!
Now we need to have the pictures!:greg:
Keep up the good work!
- Matt

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
:eek: That is some pretty sweet sounding travel! A very large increase over the leaves!!!! I remember riding Moab Rim with you and you kept complaining about the travel and it really was pretty limited.... Now on the other hand....
You have more travel than I do!!!! So no more complaining Sir!!!
Now we need to have the pictures!:greg:
Keep up the good work!
- Matt
2x! better shut up!

mine is now the stiff sob of the group. :rofl:

it dont flex at all!

LT.

Tranny lines are done as are the two tranny coolers I have. The first one is the stock one in the radiator and the second one is the B&M unit that I was using last year. Most of the under side is painted now and I made the new brake line brackets last night. The shifters (all three of them) are now adjusted for the T-cases as well. Steering is back in the truck and the frame is boxed at key points to reduce the frame twist. I also have some trianglulation in the front to help the steering and the winch. The truck in on the lift today getting the exhaust done and hopefully the new brake lines will be all done. The flat bed trailer is at the shop ready for the truck to be loaded when it is done. I also got the winch mocked up but, I am not sure if I will have enough time to wire it and get it burned in. It looks like the triple rate kits will be going back on the front shocks again. The truck is really tail high now that the sheet metal and fluids are back in the truck. I really did not expect the front to come down as far as it did. I don't know, maybe I will leave them off for now. I really like the way it looks and I don't have everything in the back yet. Time will tell. EJS is looking promising now, a few weeks ago I didn't think I was going to make it with the Beater. So, what is left? I need to get the tranny filled, motor filled, exhaust, brake lines, winch, all done and fired up. I can't load any pictures because we are having trouble with the internet at my house.

LT.