M-16/M-4/AR-15 people......decisions

bobmed

- - - -
Special tax for full auto also for barrel shorter than 16".

You can also get removable carry handles for AR's so it can be flat top for optics or with the carry handle for iron sights.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sportsmans has a S&W MP15 (not sure whats different from the AR15, it looks the same?) on sale right now for $899 complete. Good deal?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
And random question. I've found parts to make the lower auto.....but what do you have to do with the goverment to do this? Permits or what?

DIAS? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to MAKE one I think you have to register as a manufacturer, but don't quote me on that-- FA is too expensive in ammo for me to get into.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
DIAS? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to MAKE one I think you have to register as a manufacturer, but don't quote me on that-- FA is too expensive in ammo for me to get into.

haha.....I know what you mean. Hell, it's easy enough on semi to blow through a magazine. How about 3 round burst? ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
3rd burst is great! but pricey LOL

DIAS's are spendy. The waiting for approval sucks. ETC.

That said, I am looking for either a suppressed 10/22 or a suppressed Mk2 pistol. :D

Maybe a threaded barrel and suppressor for the Sig. All about the same cost.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
yeah, that's it. It's what I'm assuming you mean by "all the parts to make it full auto"... otherwise, you're manufacturing a machine gun, and the BATF will own you like you've never been owned before. ONE machine gun part makes an AR a machine gun to them, which is stupid, but law.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
yeah, that's it. It's what I'm assuming you mean by "all the parts to make it full auto"... otherwise, you're manufacturing a machine gun, and the BATF will own you like you've never been owned before. ONE machine gun part makes an AR a machine gun to them, which is stupid, but law.

Yeah, thats what I was meaning....to convert from semi to auto. Though 3 round would be better I think.

And I call it my boomstick!

teknodestrukto

Anything that fires more than 1 round per trigger squeeze is considered auto and requires a license. If you're just wanting to blow through ammo really quick full auto is a riot, especially on an MP-5, 9mm. Most rifle rounds are uncontrollable on full-auto, or 3-shot burst, and you're just spraying and praying. IMHO:D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Anything that fires more than 1 round per trigger squeeze is considered auto and requires a license. If you're just wanting to blow through ammo really quick full auto is a riot, especially on an MP-5, 9mm. Most rifle rounds are uncontrollable on full-auto, or 3-shot burst, and you're just spraying and praying. IMHO:D

I didn't think that the 5.56mm round was uncontrollable in 3 round when I was part of the service :)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
3rd burst is plenty controllable. Full auto, less so.

I may have fired some HK g-91/93 thing in .308 on 3rd... I can't remember, but I do remember thinking that .308 was a hell of a lot more impressive than .223 when fired in that manner.

I was lucky enough to be invited to a MG shoot about 5 years ago or so. Very good time. :D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
3rd burst is plenty controllable. Full auto, less so.

I may have fired some HK g-91/93 thing in .308 on 3rd... I can't remember, but I do remember thinking that .308 was a hell of a lot more impressive than .223 when fired in that manner.

I was lucky enough to be invited to a MG shoot about 5 years ago or so. Very good time. :D

.308 will tell your shoulder what's up. .223 will just say hi!

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Had a h/k 93 for a while....LOVED it and would take it over most AR's I have shot. H/K's are $$ but worth it when they are so nice out of the box....
.223 on full is not bad at all, except to the wallet.