Moab - Labor Day Weekend

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by JeepTJ38
I'm still planning on going but might have to hit some easy trails (fins and things or something) first since my rig will be totally diffrent since the last time i wheeled, I'll need time to adjust and the girls will probably want to hit easy stuff first too. Not alot of slickrock in Colorado.

You bringing the TJ that is listed in your signature?

I've never even been on fins & things yet. What about trails like Cliff Hanger, PSM & Golden Spike? Those aren't very hard and their probably on our list to do while down there.

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
I'll be up for going with if you guys are hitting some of the moderate trails I probably won't have time to get a locker and throw in it the toy but if I get desperate I might just weld the crap out of it for the weekend then get another third that I can throw a lunch box locker in for later.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Also are you guys camping/where ? i usually camp at the sandunes at the end of town. Also look for in a black TJ 35's and THE MYTH written across the hood ( and the cool little red vortec sticker im so proud of) ha ha

Sand dunes end of town??

Were usually up Potash, but depending on the situation we might be finding new camp spots.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
if i make it, we camp no fail, everytime 9 miles out of Moab just up the Dead Horse road or whatever that is. ya'll know what i mean? the road that branches off on the other side of the road from the gas station. that's where i'll be if...err.....aaahh....when, i go.:D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Where is potash ?

It's the road that spurs off the highway just before you get into Moab. It takes you to Poison Spider Mesa.

The Potash camp spots used to be free up until earler this year. :mad:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
no idea what your talking about. What gas station. N S E W ?

He is talking about the gas station way north of Moab. Just up from the Gemni Bridges turn off.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
lets see...... jerk...i had to pull a map for this:mad:

turn right off of I-70 onto 191. then head down the road a ways and you'll pass the only gas station in the middle of no where on your left, 9 miles out of moab. then 20 yards from there is 313 on your right. turn onto 313, go over the railroad tracks, up a ways, and there is some sweet camping on the left of the road. turn off the road just before the sign on the left of the road that says "no camping beyond this point"...or something like that.

is this specific enough?:rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by SAMI
lets see...... jerk...i had to pull a map for this:mad:

turn right off of I-70 onto 191. then head down the road a ways and you'll pass the only gas station in the middle of no where on your left, 9 miles out of moab. then 20 yards from there is 313 on your right. turn onto 313, go over the railroad tracks, up a ways, and there is some sweet camping on the left of the road. turn off the road just before the sign on the left of the road that says "no camping beyond this point"...or something like that.

is this specific enough?:rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D

I think driving into town to canyonlands camppark is much easier directions to follow. That is where I'll be in my little yellow jeep:p :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by James K

I think driving into town to canyonlands camppark is much easier directions to follow. That is where I'll be in my little yellow jeep:p :D

That might be where my folks will be. They said they made reservations for themselves somewhere. I'll have to find out. We might end up just getting a tent site at someplace like that if it comes down to it.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
camping is the way to go

that site i directed everyone to is sweet, you camp against a huge red cliff under lots o trees. i love it. it's 98% of the time good and cool.