Will you participate

• Yes I will I care about Moab and want to continue to wheel there

Votes: 57 98.3%
  • No I don't really care about land use in Moab I own a mall crawler

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
count MountainYoats in for atleast 3 rigs... i'm going to make follow up calls today to try and secure more. no promises, but i have friend at channel4... i'll bring this to their attention.

-Jason

Last edited:

SP Unlimited

I get paid to do this
Final update: AGAIN IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

As a final reminder the meeting place is at “Crawlers” located at 3793 S State Street. You will know you have the right place because Bryon (Team Crawlers 1 form RME) will have his crawler parked out front. Please enter from state State street not through the parking lot of Crawlers but the side street directly to the North of the club. You will be greeted by someone in an orange vest who will number your vehicle and give you some directions as to where to stage.

If you have a CB please turn it to channel 7. As we will be making announcements though out the staging process via CB. Please let other around you know what is being said if they do not have a CB.

Once you have been staged another person will come around with a clip board and ask you to fill out some basic information. I would like to provide the BLM with a formal list of attendee’s.

We will have police assistance in entering the road way. Stay close to your rig cause when it is time to leave the police will block traffic in the eastern most lane and allow our entire group to enter the roadway. This will need to take place fairly quickly so when we say go follow the flagger and exit quickly (but safely).

There will be a police presence from SSL up to 2100 S at which point SL PD will take over. Again remember they will not be blocking intersection so please obey all traffic laws.

At this time I have arranged for media coverage from ABC, and Fox 13 on site and NBC will most likely be waiting at the capital to film us as we circle. Steve Jackson has contacted AYL and they have said they will send a camera along if they can.

Don’t forget your letters. We can drop them off at one of the tables at the meeting.

I had a meeting yesterday with SWCA and the library. They are glad so many are coming but they are concerned about crowd control. PLEASE lets all be on our best behavior. Be civil and respect the fact that there are other meetings going on at the library.

The format is 14 6’ tables stretching from the hall into the conference room. Each “station” will have information about a different part of the RMP and will have a representative present to answer any questions.

Here are today’s additions to the participant list bringing our grand total to 112.

Marlin S (Lone Peak 4 Wheelers)
Tim and Lisa A (U4WDA)
Jojo (U4x4C)
Mountain Yoats bringing 3
Matt S +1 (Unaffiliated)

This is go time everyone. We have a lot of eyes and ears on this so lets be sure to show up and be on our best behavior.

Again suggested dress for the event (not mandatory) business casual to help break some of the stereo types about our community. (Even if at heart they all apply to me) :)

Cherokeester

I stopped by 4wheel Parts today and let them know. They might get a few rigs out. They probably should have known earlier and we could have had a sponsor. Looking forward to the big cruise!

SP Unlimited

I get paid to do this
Several folks have asked for clarification so just as a reminder the meeting time at "Crawlers" is 4:45 with departure time at 5:15 Please arrive as close to 4:45 as you can so we have time to get stagged correctly.

See ya'll tonight

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i think there where about 70 vehicles. (does anybody have a final count)

it was a good turnout, the room they held it in didnt hold very many people. so there was a line outside the door to get in. but there was good information, i left my letter and had a brownie (or two).

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
i think there where about 70 vehicles. (does anybody have a final count)

it was a good turnout, the room they held it in didnt hold very many people. so there was a line outside the door to get in. but there was good information, i left my letter and had a brownie (or two).

Very good turn out we had 71 when we pulled out and 3 more turned around and joined us on up State...