Moab trip in October!!!

casper customs

Cool! Look for us! I will be in my Dodge dually with the race trailer and my beater. Black and gold..... well what is left of a Dodge Ramcharger. Turbosniper will be in two green Dodges. Both are second gen one with a cummins and the other is a very dove tailed on 42's. We will be at the Pack Creek Campground. Come and hook up with us at least for lunch!

LT.

ya brag it up how nice your set up is :greg: ya ok im jealous

LT.

Don't be. I have seen your offroad rig and it is a heckuva lot better than my junk. I know now why you like hauling on flat bed trailers. Between you, Cheston, Matt, and Stan y'all have something to show off in the way of your trail rigs. I use a race trailer because that and the tow rig are the best part of my junk. When you have something as ugly as my beater you will tend to keep it under wraps and only show off things that are worth showing off.

Catch ya' later,
LT.

Crinco

Right now the Scout is running. I put the oil pump and pickup in from TTC since I cant find the right rear sump pickup tube. I have now ordered 5 different ones and they have all been variations of the mid sump pickup for the ford van. Might just have to find a van oil pan!

The motor has a HORRIBLE lifter noise. We tried adjusting the rockers but to no avail. I must have a bad lifter. The mechanical fan seems to be doing the cooling job so that will be nice.

Basically all I can do is pop the intake, put in my new lifters, and see if that fixes it. It should. There was so much I wanted to do before Moab thats not going to happen. Maybe for Easter.

If you have bad noises coming from your valve train and you slipped a couple teeth on the chain, theres a real good chance your noises are a bent valve or two and not lifters. It is possible that the lifters got damaged too. You said you did a compression test and ALL cylindars came back even? Maybe you lucked out with the valves.... but you might just try adjusting them first before replacing. If you replace the lifters and not the Cam, you might cause both to fail before long. Just my .02 cents

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
Well, I have 1 week and 1 day to get my junk ready......

wire lights

clean

change oil

respool winch

tighten everything.

load

what is on your list to get done before the trip?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Fix a Creepy Crawler that I flattened Sat on 21 Road... Find somewhere to stay.

Hey Marc, you have anyone with you? Interested in a roomie? I'll be solo Thurs and Fri, mabey Sat too.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
For anyone interested... Pack Creek Campground is a great place to stay! Off the beaten path and quiet! So what if there is not a pool... they don't care if you work on your junk at night, as long as you don't speed through the grounds, they are cool!! Clean bathrooms, playground for the kids and ample room for bigger rigs!! Not to mention great company!!!;)
Just my $.02
Matt

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Fix a Creepy Crawler that I flattened Sat on 21 Road... Find somewhere to stay.

Hey Marc, you have anyone with you? Interested in a roomie? I'll be solo Thurs and Fri, mabey Sat too.

yeah, you're more than welcome. I'm kinda thinking Pack Creek at a tent site. I can bring my bigger 3 room tent without any trouble.

Greg

Admin
yeah, you're more than welcome. I'm kinda thinking Pack Creek at a tent site. I can bring my bigger 3 room tent without any trouble.

Don't worry, I think I may hotel it... if I can find someone to split a room. I've been camping recently and have plans to camp the weekend after Moab Mash, I think I want to avoid a tent for this weekend. If I can't find someone, I may setup my tent by yours. :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Don't worry, I think I may hotel it... if I can find someone to split a room. I've been camping recently and have plans to camp the weekend after Moab Mash, I think I want to avoid a tent for this weekend. If I can't find someone, I may setup my tent by yours. :D

I'm probably up for a motel. :D What's the rate? (this is the first of a BUNCH of trips over the next 2 months, though, I need to watch my cash a little, but if it's just a little more, the convenience of a motel would be justified)

Greg

Admin
I'm probably up for a motel. :D What's the rate? (this is the first of a BUNCH of trips over the next 2 months, though, I need to watch my cash a little, but if it's just a little more, the convenience of a motel would be justified)

:greg: I'm not sure honestly, I haven't checked yet. I'll see what I can find out.

How did this happen? Sidewall? Bead? How are the stein bead locks working?

I have been thinking about going with internal bead locks.

Honestly, I'm not sure what happened... I don't want to say what the problem is until I have a chance to check it out. I noticed the tire was very low right before I left home for a few days.

The Stauns are a PITA to mount, but work very well. I've been running 4-5 PSI to break in the tires and the traction is amazing. Best part, no loosing a bead!

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Honestly, I'm not sure what happened... I don't want to say what the problem is until I have a chance to check it out. I noticed the tire was very low right before I left home for a few days.

The Stauns are a PITA to mount, but work very well. I've been running 4-5 PSI to break in the tires and the traction is amazing. Best part, no loosing a bead!

Well, after loosing a inside bead trying to climb eagles nest I now carry a nitrogen tank and am looking at other options on bead locks. Seems like the Stauns mught be a good option!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Power steering cooler

New temp gauge

Seat belts for the new back seat

rob a bank so I can afford the trip :rofl:

and...

get my stuperduty registered

Thanks to my brother......The Scout should be in good shape

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
I've never been to Moab so all for this is new to me. I've been planning to go sometime in October. The hotels are so busy that you need reservations way in advance? I only plan to stay over for 1 night, maybe a friday-sunday trip so a tent would not be so bad.

I've also heard about registering for trails. How do you do that?

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I've never been to Moab so all for this is new to me. I've been planning to go sometime in October. The hotels are so busy that you need reservations way in advance? I only plan to stay over for 1 night, maybe a friday-sunday trip so a tent would not be so bad.

I've also heard about registering for trails. How do you do that?

I would get advanced reservations cuz most weekends are pretty busy. The hotels right on Main book up first. You could probably find a room just outside of town but I wouldn't chance just showing up.

You dont need to register for trails unless your going to run with an organized event