Most Trustworthy Wheel Adapters?

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
So with the new wheels for the TJ I'll need to run Spacers/Adapters 5x4.5 to 5x5. Due to backspacing issues I also need them to be about 1.5" thick.

Recommendations on brand?

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
i like hub centric ones when it comes to spacers like these:

takes the weight off the studs and takes away alot of the risk of adapters breaking studs or ripping apart.

STAG

On my grind
I’ve never even had a cheap Chinese one give me any grief. My tip is make sure to use a torque wrench on the inner set of lug nuts for sure. But yeah the spidertrax ones are nice. That’s the brand I put on a yellow Connecticut JLUR

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
What wheels are you running? My stock JK wheels needed 2" wide adapters. I got a 1.5" wide set that wasn't wide enough and caused lots of rubbing. The 2" just clears everything. If you're sure the 1.5" will work for you I'll send you my set for the cost of shipping (I need to pay it forward 😇 ).

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Spidertrax is the name behind ones you won't have to worry about (if installed properly)

But I'll echo that I've seen other brands hold up just fine as well.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I ran pro comp (Chicom) 1.5" spacers on my 4 runner for 70k miles without an issue. I torqued them at 5K mile tire rotations and never found a nut loose.
I've had 1.25" spidertrax on my LJ for 90K miles with 35/37's and also never had an issue. My wife tests the rears for proper clamping force at every stop light.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So with the new wheels for the TJ I'll need to run Spacers/Adapters 5x4.5 to 5x5. Due to backspacing issues I also need them to be about 1.5" thick.

Recommendations on brand?
You probably want the set that I just dug out of the Duchy Of Dirt and was getting ready to post up in the Free section. Never run.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
What wheels are you running? My stock JK wheels needed 2" wide adapters. I got a 1.5" wide set that wasn't wide enough and caused lots of rubbing. The 2" just clears everything. If you're sure the 1.5" will work for you I'll send you my set for the cost of shipping (I need to pay it forward 😇 ).
I did a bunch of calculating and the wheels I bought from Method were basically the most Negative Offset they offered for 5x5 and not a beadlock.
From my math. a 1 1/4" would be almost exactly the same backspacing as I had before. But with that I would just barely rub on the frame at full turn so that's the idea on the 1.5" spacing. 2" wouldn't hurt, I'm just wary of a wider spacer.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I did a bunch of calculating and the wheels I bought from Method were basically the most Negative Offset they offered for 5x5 and not a beadlock.
From my math. a 1 1/4" would be almost exactly the same backspacing as I had before. But with that I would just barely rub on the frame at full turn so that's the idea on the 1.5" spacing. 2" wouldn't hurt, I'm just wary of a wider spacer.

Sounds like mine would work then.

IMG_4863.jpeg

Hit me up if you want them (or anyone else that wants them). I need the shelf space.