Mudflap citation for the wimpiest jeep in the family

kirby

I didn't read the whole post but when I got a ticket for tires not being covered the ticket that the uhp guy gave to me didn't say fix it ticket, but when I went to pay it they asked me why I didn't just fix it. So in fact it was a fix it ticket but the cop nor the ticket bothered to say that it really was a fix it ticket. Hope this makes sense. In other words fix it and take it in to have it looked at.

frankenfab

I'm not some punk kid, I'm almost 38, and clean cut. Tonight, I was driving down I-15, about 3300 south. I was in a middle lane, doing about 60 in a 65 zone. Lots of traffic was in the left 2 lanes doing 75 to 80. Highway patrol was on me in an instant, like I had robbed a bank. I was nailed with an appear in court ticket also, for my small lift XJ on 32" tires. It was no questions asked, no warning. "I pulled you over for no mud flaps and I'm going to issue you a citation, license, registration, and proof of insurance please." I saw a dozen others pass that needed flaps as well, as I sat waiting for my ticket.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
frankenfab said:
I'm not some punk kid, I'm almost 38, and clean cut. Tonight, I was driving down I-15, about 3300 south. I was in a middle lane, doing about 60 in a 65 zone. Lots of traffic was in the left 2 lanes doing 75 to 80. Highway patrol was on me in an instant, like I had robbed a bank. I was nailed with an appear in court ticket also, for my small lift XJ on 32" tires. It was no questions asked, no warning. "I pulled you over for no mud flaps and I'm going to issue you a citation, license, registration, and proof of insurance please." I saw a dozen others pass that needed flaps as well, as I sat waiting for my ticket.

Must have been the same guy... his wife is definately getting nailed by some dude with a cherokee.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
Hey guys.

I'm new to the forum but have been looking at other forums and researching for several months. Does anybody know the actual law for how high you can lift an XJ? Ive gotten mixed results, anywhere from 4" total, to bottom of frame no more than 24" off the ground. Does anybody know the actual law?

frankenfab

Update...The citation states I must appear in court. I got a notice in the mail from the Murray Justice Court that says if I send them $40, they will close the case. That's what I will do. I'm going to put on flaps this weekend, even though I think it is rediculous.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
... and so once again, someone gets a de facto tax, super. I love hearing "revenue projections" from tickets, that's your clear indication of how municipalities use tickets: another source of income that they plan on and budget around.

Oh well. I'll have flaps too. :)