My CNC drawing machine!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Return spring can come from Home Depot, Lowe's, or online places....it's just a garage door extension spring. The casters can come from A1 Casters or Harbor Freight.

A degree ring--I could cut the ring, but can't etch the numbers in. I don't really see the need for one with a vertical bender, I just use a digital angle finder on mine.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Dueling tree. :cool:

IMG_2723_zps54d206d1.jpg

Adjustable lean from 5 degrees to 20 degrees:

IMG_2724_zps32b730cb.jpg

IMG_2725_zps359146eb.jpg

Here's how I did the "hinges"...1/2" rod going through 1/2" schedule 40 pipe:

IMG_2726_zpsb890a06a.jpg

Here's where the legs attach to the main mast. If this proves too flexible, I may need to add some horizontal gussets in between the front and back legs.

IMG_2727_zps13327728.jpg

I'm excited to try it!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Dueling tree. :cool:

IMG_2723_zps54d206d1.jpg

Adjustable lean from 5 degrees to 20 degrees:

IMG_2724_zps32b730cb.jpg

IMG_2725_zps359146eb.jpg

Here's how I did the "hinges"...1/2" rod going through 1/2" schedule 40 pipe:

IMG_2726_zpsb890a06a.jpg

Here's where the legs attach to the main mast. If this proves too flexible, I may need to add some horizontal gussets in between the front and back legs.

IMG_2727_zps13327728.jpg

I'm excited to try it!

I want to help break this in!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Plane of Bend bracket. Clamp to the piece of tube you're bending, put your angle finder on top, and you have a reference when you're doing bends on more than one plane. :cool:

PlaneOfBend.jpg

STAG

I've got one that I bought from OFN, if I could make a suggestion I'd say make the top plate a little longer so you can use the digital levels. This is the one I have.
Works awesome. And when you turn it on each time it tells you the ambient air temperature lol
helix+done+3.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've got one that I bought from OFN, if I could make a suggestion I'd say make the top plate a little longer so you can use the digital levels. This is the one I have.
Works awesome. And when you turn it on each time it tells you the ambient air temperature lol

Easy enough. How long is your level? The top plate pictured above is 1.25" x 4".

STAG

Wow with that tube I could see how a vertical bender (and no ceiling) would be a an advantage. I'm sure with my horizontal bender I would have to support the far end of the tube pretty well somehow to minimize twisting.