Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Put in the rear firewall and added some tabs on the roof to keep it from flopping around so much.
image.jpg
Oh and I got my oak dash panel installed. My nephew made it in his shop class lol
image.jpg

N-Smooth

image.jpg
Guy on his side in Hell's gate
image.jpg
Me trying to find the right angle to get up this obstacle in green day. I love area BFE

N-Smooth

Just got back from EJS. What an amazing trip! I still love it and this was year 13 for me. I'm so glad that I have such awesome friends w/jeeps that I get to enjoy these times with. We're still busy surprising people with how capable our little rigs are... Heck I'm still surprised sometimes. Here are some random pics:
Be the first to stop for lunch and this happens.
image.jpg
Another pic from green day of me testing the jeep's balance
image.jpg
My 15 y/o nephew driving the crack. He drove a lot of rusty nail until he accidentally gassed it and ran into a sharp rock with the passenger front tire. Blew a giant hole in the sidewall. He felt terrible and learned that every action can have consequences but luckily I have replacement certs at discount!
image.jpg
One from the trail leading up to green day. I always forget what it's called. We also ran lock jaw for the first time. I think I'm going that way from now on.
image.jpg
I must say I'm really happy with the last minute cage redesign in the back. I used these bars a TON to slide over rocks.
image.jpg
The bars couldn't save my taillights though. I need to build some new lights inside the cage.
image.jpg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Got my new km2 from discount today. Thank goodness for free replacement certificates! It's sooooo new it makes the other 3 almost offensive.
image.jpg
image.jpg

N-Smooth

How old are the other ones? I made sure to get certs on my tires, rather buy a cert then a tire

I just had to check the first page of this thread lol mid-2011. They're really not in terrible shape. I'll never regret the certs, especially since I wheeled and dealed with discount and got them to include them for nearly free IIRC.

N-Smooth

image.jpg
image.jpg
Got my numbers on there for OSRC. It's code. If anyone can figure it out they win awesome points.

ricsrx

If all of you are done being butt hurt about commenting, A Toyota guy would like to say somthing