New Cordless Tools

Tonkaman

I love my EGo trimmer. Enough power to slice through the Amazon, could probably trim my yard 5 times on one charge. Never had a tangle and takes less than a min to reload the string. Literally takes me longer to find the string cut it than it does to physically put it in the machine

EGO definitely has their stuff figured out for the yard tools!

jems07

I've been through this recently.
For the yard tools, I went with Ego for the mower and blower. No complaints. It doesn't provide the same suction for sucking leaves and mulching as well as a gas mower--but is likely the best 'green' mower out there.

For tools, I just picked up the Milwaukee M18 Fuel, the M12 Ratchet, and the M12 Fuel. Very happy with all three. The M18 1/2" drive loosened my control arms like it was nothing. The Ratchet is great to get into tight places. I recently used it to get my lower shock bolts where the even smaller M12 couldn't fit.

The M12 Fuel is used for almost everything else...compact size and powerful. I tossed my Ryobi in the trailer and only use it now to lower and raise landing gear.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this kit. Ordered a few power tools for the side gig, ended up finding a deal that will fulfill my needs better. They are sold out of this now, just wanted to see before I returned I purchased for $99

I’m in on that

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have that cordless ratchet. It's a sweet tool. I rarely use a short handled 3/8 anymore, just a long flex to break things, then the cordless to zip them out.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well, I'm not very impressed with the Milwaukee cordless 4.5" angle grinder.... it let the magic smoke out yesterday, while doing some pretty routine grinding work. That tool is part of the power tools I use on my work truck, often in remote places. I really need tools I can rely on.

It is less than 6 months old and had been lightly used. I had to run to Lowes and buy a 110v Dewalt to finish the job the Milwaukee couldn't.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I've never had good luck with the cordless grinders, even my dewalt went through batteries so quick.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
That sucks Greg.
I'll vouch for the Kobalt 24V max brushless battery powered angle grinder. It very nearly has the power of the 6amp 110v machine I use with a 3.5" wire cup for cleaning rusty metal day in and day out. The key I've found to grinder life is periodically opening the tool: then cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner, a brush and air nozzle.
The one tool I smoked- I literally walked into Lowes and they handed me a brand new tool and was home in 15 minutes.

Tonkaman

Well, I'm not very impressed with the Milwaukee cordless 4.5" angle grinder.... it let the magic smoke out yesterday, while doing some pretty routine grinding work. That tool is part of the power tools I use on my work truck, often in remote places. I really need tools I can rely on.

It is less than 6 months old and had been lightly used. I had to run to Lowes and buy a 110v Dewalt to finish the job the Milwaukee couldn't.
If it’s only 6 months old I’m sure you can get it exchanged. I’ve never smoked a modern miluakee or dewalt tool unless you keep pushing it hard after it’s getting super hot.

Kevin B.

Big hippy

Sucks for you, but this does make me feel a little better about all the yellow and black in my garage...

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous

Which one? I had one and it let out the smoke also. Ace replaced it for me and I somehow got upgraded to the fuel one. Old one was not a fuel.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Unfortunate to hear about @Greg 's Milwaukee grinder experience, that was on my radar. I've been packing a welder around for a decade (and used it on many occasions) but always packed a 110V Dewalt and inverter. I'm really aiming to simplify that. I've personally had great luck with Dewalt cordless and corded goods but my stuff is several iterations behind and if I'm jumping into new stuff, anything is on the table.

Last edited: