project bronco script.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Thanks guys!

I think they will too, soon as I get my harness back I can drive it around the back yard and see if the springs will settle down a little bit. Not to worried about it.

broncomitch

Well I got my harness back and he found no problems,
I fixed my exhaust and replaced the o2 sensors and installed the harness and it ran grate at first, was thinking "wow, I have finally fixed my EFI"

But when I was out back playing around it started acting up and then started running like it did and started having more and more problems..

Steering cooler leaking, main steering line has 2 pin hole leaks in it, creeper joints are falling apart, tires are hitting my links and almost had the right side link spin off the joint!

I got 7 days to get this thing finished, fixed, and running good... It's trip to the bronco safari isn't looking good, but I'll try my best to get it there...biggest thing is getting the EFI fixed..

Going to pull my injectors tonight and check em out..I put a scanner on it last night and apart from emission crap it's good...been told it's got to be a fuel delivery issue but I'm at 40psi and the regulator is working...so thinking injectors...

The motor has NO power and took me a few tries to get up on that pipe...
Any load what so ever it just sit's on the converter and stumbles and back fires and can't even spin my tires in loose dirt, but when it was running good at first it felt like I had all the power in the world lol
Did some donuts in the back yard, a burn out, a drag launch and was just awesome and begged for more...

20140420_145814_zps7f2dc85a.jpg

20140420_145831_zpsaebee014.jpg

20140420_145842_zps72616f8d.jpg

20140420_145906_zpsb1fe8b34.jpg

Bart

Are you sure your exhaust is not plugged some where? Sounds very familiar to a couple of vehicles that I had plug up.

broncomitch

Thanks rob!

Well I found a few problems with my EFI..

I was testing my MAF (witch is good) and got sick of my fan running so I pulled the relay out cus I needed the key on and went to start it and it wouldn't start!?

thinking I fried the computer I swapped it out but still no go...? Put the relay back in and it fired right up????????
I have no idea why it was doing this cus my switched relay box was hooked to a switched 12v source and everything else works with the relay out.. fan's, computer,fuel pump, gauges, ect just no ignition but my EFI harness has one power wire that's hooked to my up fitter switches witch is hooked to a switched 12v under the dash, other then that there 100% separated from each other.

So I ditched the switched 12v wire under the dash and just ran it to a constant 12v and fixed that problem but still ran like crap..

so I cut that cross tube out and pulled my intake and injectors.. Found the filters in em where pretty dirty and when I was testing em I found one that's leaking by and spitting & squirting...all the others sprayed good and tested good. Going to get one from Steve and put it back together tonight and hopefully it will run good and I can still make it to the bronco safari...

this is was the dirtiest one but all had crap in em.
20140423_192552_zpscb0e582b.jpg

Last edited:

sabatoa1

What fuel pump are you running, and is it out of the top or bottom of your fuel cell? It sounds like you either have plugged exhaust like Bart said or your fuel pump is getting worked to hard and isn't supplying enough fuel. My buddy was just having fuel problems with his rig and it ended up being his fuel pump needed to be gravity feed.

sabatoa1

If it is your cats being plugged cut them off for your trip, you will have a check engine code from your rear O2 sensor but it will still run great.

broncomitch

Making some progress...had to re wire some stuff witch took all of Friday and sat and some of Sunday but it's finally done and cleaned up...

Got it to run fairly descent now but time will tell if it really is happy or not..
replaced my main steering line and fixed the flex joint...and almost done with the rear shocks.

Still need to finish rear shocks, run breather lines, bleed steering and brakes, charge the coilovers, swap out hubs, and try and fix my doubler.

broncomitch

Well all the major stuff is done.

Thinking she's ready for some trail time! :)

Finished mounting the shocks, modified my old bump stops (there only temporary for this trip) i might move them farther back on the spring so they can properly do there job but we will see how lazy I am.

Pretty much now it's just fiddle with the doubler and cosmetic stuff..

20140428_212213_zps9576b790.jpg

20140428_212146_zpsedd7e142.jpg

20140428_212157_zpsc9b0fe95.jpg

Bart

Great news and that's gotta feel good. When are you heading to Bronco Safari? Good luck and have a blast, it's been a long time coming.

broncomitch

It's cinda hard to believe..Hasn't set in yet. Lol
I'm probably going to start crying like Justin beeper getting bitched slapped wile I'm on the trail. Lol

we are loading up Wednesday night and heading out about 4am