Rattlesnake/Constrictor... Lets make plans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Big Black XJ said:
I can see it now...Everyone out there, chopping various holes in rocks to set up winch points...because we all know that the first try never works right, a chunk of rock comes loose, falls, tumbles to the ground and the environmentalists have a fit and close the trail anyways. Just like all the trails in Moab that have been messed with....

Hmmmm... I find some mis-logic in your thinking (well, actually alot)...

Lets weigh a couple options... (taking note, I have know this trail for YEARS, thats right, years...)

Option #1
Your way, tell people to set-up a winch vehicle at the top, sure it works, but requires someone to drive around.

Option #2
Install a visable winch point to deter those from using trees...

Option #2 is going to win in every aspect. You must realize (if your capable) that the problem is not RME'ers, it is every other tag-a-long (like unto yourself as I have never seen you out there on the intitial Con runs nor 5MP cleanups, sign installs etc.)...

Does your plan have an adequate way to inform every user that them must sacrafice a member of their group to act as a winch anchor at the top of the Eagles Nest???

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Big Black XJ said:
...This THREAD irritates me...

Then get the flying F**k off my thread... go start your own and see if anyone is willing to help your fault-finding, cantankerous ass...

:rolleyes:

SOME WALK... SOME TALK...

jp008

mbryson said:
Weren't we talking about cleaning up/improving a trail? I'd like to see the subject get back to that.........

Back to the subject...........

What is going to be used to haul the garbage once we get it off the trail? Are we going to put the bags in the back of our vehicles and take it to the nearest dumpster? Or Are we going to leave a trailer somewhere in a centralized location and put it all on that? What is the plan?

I have a small trailer (Shawn's old one), I will have to see if it will fit on the tow rig trailer with the Sami. If it does not I can't bring it. Unless someone from the Ogden/Layton area would like to haul it up there. It takes a 2" ball and has all the neccessary lighting.

jp008

Coreshot said:
Hey JP, are you camping where you did on Mem.Day? I was thinking of heading out Sat. nite also.

I am.

You got a place or tent to stay? If not I may end up bringing the MoHo and there is plenty of room in there. Let me know. If you are tenting it then I won't bring the MoHo.

On the Memorial Day weekend we got there and that place was TRASHED. It took quite a bit of time to get it back into shape. I'm sure it will be the same way again :rolleyes: Last year when we were camping up there a Ranger came in and inspected our area and gave us the thumbs up, however it was not the same for our neighbors. The ranger made them pick up their campsight and then gave them the boot :applause: There were only 4-5 of them and there were at least 15 of us (kids included).

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
If we do head out Sat., we'll be tentin' it. I'll have my kids and wife. You gonna have a big group again?

Thanks for the offer, though... :)

Last edited:

jp008

Not too big.
Maybe 5 people.
You're welcome.

All are welcome to join.
Just as you get to the top of the hill headed towards R/S we will be on the left hand side in the Cedars.

CJJ92yj

Hey guys, a real NOOB here. I am all for cleaning up our local trails too. The more people there to clean it up, the merrier. I am gonna try to make it out Sunday to help (depending on whether or not the house is finished being painted). But I have no idea how to get there as I've never been and I'm not originally from these parts. Can someone give some crude directions from the Kearns area? Also got lost in the silly debate, what time again on Sunday?

jp008

CJJ92yj said:
Hey guys, a real NOOB here. I am all for cleaning up our local trails too. The more people there to clean it up, the merrier. I am gonna try to make it out Sunday to help (depending on whether or not the house is finished being painted). But I have no idea how to get there as I've never been and I'm not originally from these parts. Can someone give some crude directions from the Kearns area? Also got lost in the silly debate, what time again on Sunday?

From the kearns area head South on I-15 until you reach the 2nd Lehi exit (where the roller mills are located). Head West. At the crossroads where Smith's and Cheveron are located keep heading West approximately 20 miles. You will reach the main 5 Mile Pass parking lot. From the main lot head west another 3 miles, you will see a small parking area with a wooden kiosk sign and hopefully a bunch of rigs.

See ya there.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
jp008 said:
From the kearns area head South on I-15 until you reach the 2nd Lehi exit (where the roller mills are located). Head West. At the crossroads where Smith's and Cheveron are located keep heading West approximately 20 miles. You will reach the main 5 Mile Pass parking lot. From the main lot head west another 3 miles, you will see a small parking area with a wooden kiosk sign and hopefully a bunch of rigs.

See ya there.

or you could meet me at my house in taylorsville and follow me out.

pm me if that works for ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.