Rhino Rally

Cascadia

Undecided
Good for you James! I saw you sitting there with him as I passed. Then after rubber necking I slammed that boulder and you almost had to come keep me awake. You're a winner in my book!

Cascadia

Undecided
Crazy thing is we rode that same stretch a month ago on the winter ride and it was no issue for anyone. But when you're fatigued in a race anything will take you down. I saw 3-4 guys down on that stretch. That section is a lot easier when Stratton is leading you trying to escape the park ranger. :D

rholbrook

My race experience was different, only got to race 50 miles of the 75, I crashed 5 minutes into my race, then at 40 miles spent about an hour and a half with an injured rider, waiting for the helicopter to come get him out...a DNF for me. Every race is an different and interesting experience.
Some things are more important than finishing as you proved. Hope the rider is okay and I am sure other riders were more concerned about their race than the well being of an injured rider. It's people like you that make make this a great sport

ricsrx

I watched 2 hours of my nephew's video last night, it looked like a very rough race, Im sure he will be sore for a while.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
James is a champ.
When I passed him I had no idea at the time that he was with someone hurt.
I found out later at the awards banquet.
Kuddos to him for taking care of a guy and scrapping his race.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
James is a champ.
When I passed him I had no idea at the time that he was with someone hurt.
I found out later at the awards banquet.
Kuddos to him for taking care of a guy and scrapping his race.

Thanks you guys are kind, but it wasn't that big of a deal tossing my race, I was getting my butt kicked. couldn't get my head in the race. Ill have to recover some points in the next few races.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Nice work! I need to become an expert with an awesome start so I don't have to deal with the dust.

Front of the Am's is where you want to be, in the expert you have to find the way, and Im not good at looking for ribbon, by the time the experts go through the Am's can follow the trench, by the time the Nov's come through its silt.

rholbrook

Those of you who have ridden with me know Corby. Here is his start. The kid crashing is Corby's roomate at USU. He had about a 20 minute maintenance issue with his throttle coming loose on his bars. He never had a screw driver. Had to wait for his dad to show up from his class and help. His dad took 3rd in the 45+ Novice.

Rider was not hurt in the filming of this video. I was surprised he never got run over.
[video=youtube;b_W3cRJSG8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_W3cRJSG8s[/video]

Cascadia

Undecided
Front of the Am's is where you want to be, in the expert you have to find the way, and Im not good at looking for ribbon, by the time the experts go through the Am's can follow the trench, by the time the Nov's come through its silt.
It'll be a long while before I'm in the front of the amateurs. As much as I want to be there, it won't be anytime soon.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

Sometimes following ribbon at speed becomes a challenge. There were a couple of times I found myself second guessing if I was on course or not. There was not a beat in path and in an area like Warner Valley & Sand Hollow there is always tracks going everywhere. I have always been a little biased, but I think the Sage Riders have some of the best marked courses out there.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It'll be a long while before I'm in the front of the amateurs. As much as I want to be there, it won't be anytime soon.

With a little work, I can have you at the front of the novice class within a couple of races. What you will realize is that a person running in the top 5 of the Novice class consistently will pretty easily run in the top 15-20 of the amateur class if they don't get mental. The same applies for an amateur running in the top 5 moving to the expert class.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I thought that course was extremely well marked and manned. There were a lot of volunteers out on course working hard to keep us riders on track and safe.

Also I'm rendering a quick video.
I'm extremely bummed that I did not have my GoPro... but it's ok.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Haha
[video=youtube;Fz3mWqS__WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz3mWqS__WM&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Watch in a separate window in 1080p HD for best results
and as always: "Like" and "Subscribe."