Sage Riders Enduro

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
OK, I registered... :ugh:

Dumb question but do I need a UT sticker on my bike? It's plated in CO.
I just saw your registration. Street legal is no worries. For a competative event, your CO off road is fine, but for recreation the CO off road is not recognized.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... huh, what? Haven't been on the site in a bit, but yes I am in. Looking forward to it, and even more so now that Greg's in! So Paul, with the 4 bike start, is it still dead engine or live? Hoping its dead.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
So Paul, with the 4 bike start, is it still dead engine or live? Hoping its dead.
Both.....sort of, but it is not a race from the start. An enduro is made up of special tests, transfer sections and check points. You will be assigned a row # based on when you sign up and experts will leave before ams who will leave before novice. So, the big bike race starts at 11:01 am. The 4 riders who start on row 1 will pull up to the line with a dead engine. At 11:01 they will start their bike and take off. They have to cross a defined line before that minute is up or there is a penalty. At 11:02 the second row leave and so on until the last line has left. The first part of the loop is a transfer section and it is a good opportunity to get warmed up and just ride at a trail pace. At some point you will come to a section that is designated as a special test. There will be course workers there to control the start of the special test. They will send 1 rider every :15 seconds and this special test is where you give 100% and go as fast as you can. The special tests will be anywhere from 3 to 15 miles long. Every second that you take to go through the special test is 1 point, so the goal is to have the lowest point total.

With check points you have to go through it at a specific time. If you go through early or late you get a penalty of 60 points for every minute you are off. For this race, there will only be 1 check point and it is the start of loop 2. So for example, you start on row 5 (11;05) and they say you have 123 minutes to do loop one and go through the check point to loop 2, you need to add the 123 to 5 to figure out what time you go through the check point. In this case, you would go through the check at 1:08.

Make sense?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
OK Paul, makes sense. A few more questions though... What is the purpose of a dead engine start off the line if its not a race at that point? Is it ever ok to pass in the transfer sections? Also, how was the target time determined for the check points? Thanks!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The reliability enduro format rules calls for the dead engine. If your bike does not start before the next minute and you have to push over the start line you are assessed a penalty. You can pass in the transfer sections. Target time for the check is determined by the race chairman.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
The reliability enduro format rules calls for the dead engine. If your bike does not start before the next minute and you have to push over the start line you are assessed a penalty. You can pass in the transfer sections. Target time for the check is determined by the race chairman.

Thanks for the info Paul!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
So how do I come up with a number for the race? :ugh:

One way is to go to the usra website and look at the current standings for the class your in, then choose something not already chosen. Sure, there is that slight chance that someone entering the chimney rock race is new and chooses the same #, but not likely. Also, I believe that technically, #s 1-10 are reserved for those that placed last season. Correct me if I'm wrong there someone...

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Sorry Greg, this enduro format is a new one for me and apparently requires a different numbering system. Thanks for the info Paul. Ok, so do people even bother getting numbers printed? or just tape on temporary numbers? When are they assigned?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Your # for this race is assigned to you. It will be the row you are starting on plus either an A,B,C or D.

Good to know, that will take a little worry out of the prep.

Same question as Von... will numbers be provided?

Sorry Greg, this enduro format is a new one for me and apparently requires a different numbering system. Thanks for the info Paul. Ok, so do people even bother getting numbers printed? or just tape on temporary numbers? When are they assigned?

No worries Vonski!

djgardner

I think I'm going to end up missing this race...unfortunately.

I think I busted my foot at Wendover on Saturday, about half way through the 2nd special test-I dipped my foot down to shift up in one of those narrow washes and a rock reached up and grabbed it and pinched it between the rock and the foot peg (which is the main issue)...and the other issue is that I ended up DNF'ing because about half way through the 4th test, my bike kept stalling and then about a mile from the end of the test it stalled and wouldn't re-start (as a side note I experienced the one negative of the reKluse clutch...I can't bump start my bike). I'm thinking valves...so I've got to get that all looked at/fixed and I'm not sure it will be done by then.