Sage Riders Enduro

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Do you think your tire would have shredded if you were running a name brand? Were there other people with any severe tire damage?

It actually cracked, but I don't think it was the tire brand. That one was actually a Full Bore M37. I saw two guys with roasted tires. I actually gave my cheap leatherman to Sam on a transfer section because he was helping a guy that had ruined his tire so badly that wire in the bead balled up the sprocket and chain and swingarm until it physically would not turn.

I am going through the test times trying to find entry errors.........sometimes I look a little closer if somebody is greasing my palm.-_-........just kidding, but I did find a small error on one of Strattons test times.

They didn't mark my start time on the second loop maybe?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
They didn't mark my start time on the second loop maybe?

No. The problem with hand writing is that sometimes a number looks like something else. If I find a time that is significantly different than the times around it, I verify that it was entered correctly. Sometimes a 5 is actually a 9. Thats why we have 2 people writing times.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Results!!

So I placed 144th out of 211 finishers... and my times;

Test 1- 16:57
Test 2- 26:44
Test 3- 11:53
Test 4- 15:44
Test 5- 26:30

Total Time - 98:48

I'm happy with that, you can see how much I was draggin' ass on the 5th and final test... :ugh:

And I beat Stratton by just over 2 min... :p

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Results!!

So I placed 144th out of 211 finishers... and my times;

Test 1- 16:57
Test 2- 26:44
Test 3- 11:53
Test 4- 15:44
Test 5- 26:30

Total Time - 98:48

I'm happy with that, you can see how much I was draggin' ass on the 5th and final test... :ugh:

And I beat Stratton by just over 2 min... :p

good job. When is your next race?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I can't even comprehend riding that fast... you're quick Paul!! :eek:
In all reality, I was pushing harder than I normally do since I was in a groove that I have not felt since I dislocated my shoulder. The terrain we rode on the first loop really fits my riding style and test 3 had an awesome flow to it. If you look at my times on the first 3 tests and the last test, I was in a good zone. The 4 test I struggled with mentally since it was rocky terrain I was racing when I dislocated my shoulder. 5th test I felt pretty good in but not as good as the first 3.

In Nevermeber?
It's addictive........kind of like crack.........you will be back.

Cascadia

Undecided
It is definitely addictive! I remember in the beginning I was planning on just racing one to say I did it. Then the next one was rhino rally and I figured our condo is right there so why not. Then I didn't want to miss. I am missing my first race next weekend cause we'll be in st george for the marathon and I'm already depressed.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have already committed myself to the fact that I am not racing the whole season next year so that I can take Jack to more of the nationals. I have to admit that I have an empty feeling in my stomach knowing that I am going to be watching from the sidelines most of next year. However, Mike Knight and I are talking about doing some team races next year, which will be fun.

Greg

Admin
In all reality, I was pushing harder than I normally do since I was in a groove that I have not felt since I dislocated my shoulder. The terrain we rode on the first loop really fits my riding style and test 3 had an awesome flow to it. If you look at my times on the first 3 tests and the last test, I was in a good zone. The 4 test I struggled with mentally since it was rocky terrain I was racing when I dislocated my shoulder. 5th test I felt pretty good in but not as good as the first 3.

Test 3 was perfect for haulin' ass, that's about the only one I felt decent on... :rofl:

It's addictive........kind of like crack.........you will be back.

I hear you, my back is finally feeling better and I'm already considering racing @ Indianola... we will see. ;)

djgardner

I have already committed myself to the fact that I am not racing the whole season next year so that I can take Jack to more of the nationals. I have to admit that I have an empty feeling in my stomach knowing that I am going to be watching from the sidelines most of next year. However, Mike Knight and I are talking about doing some team races next year, which will be fun.

That's to bad you'll miss some races next year (I'm amazed at how fast you are)...but I totally understand-and admire-that you are sacrificing for your son. Mike Knight did the same thing...

I've never raced the full series before...and probably never will. And I'm okay with that, though I would love to hit every round and actually race for a class championship, it's just not in the cards for me. I've got four kids, and they all have a million things going on-dance, soccer, gymnastics, basketball, football (and most of those things are on Saturdays). Right now, racing is MY hobby (not a family hobby)...and so I'm always missing races to support the kids. As my son gets older, and if he is interested in racing (like everything else, I'll give him the opportunity to do it...but I won't push it on him), I'll drive him all over the country to race every weekend if he wants to. But for now...he's too young...and likes stick and ball sports (booo!!! lol). So I hit the races that I can...and sleep through-er, enjoy-dance competitions and soccer games and basketball games on all the other weekends. :)

Vonski

nothing to see here...
That's to bad you'll miss some races next year (I'm amazed at how fast you are)...but I totally understand-and admire-that you are sacrificing for your son. Mike Knight did the same thing...

I've never raced the full series before...and probably never will. And I'm okay with that, though I would love to hit every round and actually race for a class championship, it's just not in the cards for me. I've got four kids, and they all have a million things going on-dance, soccer, gymnastics, basketball, football (and most of those things are on Saturdays). Right now, racing is MY hobby (not a family hobby)...and so I'm always missing races to support the kids. As my son gets older, and if he is interested in racing (like everything else, I'll give him the opportunity to do it...but I won't push it on him), I'll drive him all over the country to race every weekend if he wants to. But for now...he's too young...and likes stick and ball sports (booo!!! lol). So I hit the races that I can...and sleep through-er, enjoy-dance competitions and soccer games and basketball games on all the other weekends. :)

Although I was hoping that my return to USRA racing (and this new endure format) would have went better, it is what it is and can only get better from here... I too miss tons of races in favor of family riding trips or obligations to kids. My son and daughter ride, but were never really into it enough to race, so I envy Paul a little that he can support his boy in racing, and Jack appears to be really good!

Anybody who knows me can tell I'm way OCD about gear, bike prep, and agonizing over how my bike "feels". My new 300 has been a big adjustment after riding 4-strokes for so long, but getting better all the time. Of course, a really talented rider could get on most anything and go fast with little trouble, and that would be nice for sure. Personally, I do really well or suck, and that black and white lack of consistency doesn't make for a good racer of any kind. However, not having the pressure to place well or keep sponsors happy is a good thing... I felt that back in the rockcrawilng comp. days and don't miss it.

Probably the worst fro me is the mental side of it, knowing that if I get hurt and can't pay the bills, nobody else will. My main job is fairly labor intensive and crawling around inside of equipment and fixing robots is hard to do when busted up. I also landed an easy part-time gig recording drum tracks for indie films. I can do a spot on impression of the drummer from Def Leppard, but not being able to use an arm or a leg for real is seriously limiting. ;)

Anyway, see you guys in Indianola for some old fashioned desert racing!

Greg

Admin
I finally edited and uploaded the only decent video I got from the race... :rolleyes: Loop 2, Test #4 (the video says Test #1 and that's wrong).

I was so spent at this point I couldn't stand on the pegs, meaning my riding was slow & sloppy and my back was constantly getting beat up. I was hurting, but just trying to finish. Watching the vid makes me feel upset, I know I'm a better rider and should have been riding much cleaner, but was all over the place. :(

[video=youtube;K8Ew32fliVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ew32fliVw[/video]